Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

From the Red Wings game a couple of nights. Two beauty goals. First, Datsyuk skates through a few people then makes a great pass to Zetterberg to tie the game, then Lidstrom with a good goal to get the winner in OT.

not trying to rain on your parade - but he's just doing the move antoine vermette did a while ago

still impressive though - i can't even pull that off while screwing around

not trying to rain on your parade - but he's just doing the move antoine vermette did a while ago

still impressive though - i can't even pull that off while screwing around

Vermette definitely gets more style points for fluidity :cool:

Yeah that's what I thought the first time I saw it too. He shot it low and it tipped and went under the bar. Also, it's against a Leafs goaltender. :tongue: ok ok, sorry, that was low. :biggrin:

Linus Omark. Last night v. Tampa in the SO.

So, MSHers...what do you think. Fair or Foul. According to TSN this morning, the Tampa players were quite annoyed with the spin. It doesn't really add anything to the shot....WAY to early to be considered a fake or affect the goalie at all.

So...Showmanship? or Show-them-up-manship?

What do you think?

i dont see anything wrong with it - all it does is throw the goalie off and make him wonder what the heck the player is doing.

i think its similar to when martin st. louis skated in backwards on fleury and scored - its just to confuse the goalie.

It's easy to complain if your Tampa and you just lost the game because of Omark's shootout goal. If he's got more tricks like that, go ahead.

The league needs more personality, I'm all for it. If he missed on the shot after that move everyone would be making fun of him. Instead, he charged up the fans and put a little more pressure on himself before he scored the goal. By the way, it sure looks like he fanned on the shot and scored despite it.

I just thought...what if this had happened against Philly??? Richards would have been on Edmonton radio the next day bitching and whining.

Considering the shootout is a marketing vehicle, rather than an adequate way of deciding a hockey game, it seems only fitting that the players market themselves in the same setting.

I thought he faked then put it low not fanned on it. As a lightning fan it doesnt bother me one bit, just shows the goaltending needs a whole lot of work.

I've heard it from a few people today discussing this goal in various on air conversations and I tend to agree:

You can't endorse the shootout then get mad when a guy does something like this. If you don't like the flashy, show off stuff...then get rid of the SO...but you can't have it both ways.