Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Surprised that is allowed, I wouldn't really call that a spin-o-rama, more like a turn... and the puck stopped moving completely.

Surprised that is allowed, I wouldn't really call that a spin-o-rama, more like a turn... and the puck stopped moving completely.

Agreed. Nothing spectacular and IMO there was a clear stoppage on the shootout attempt.

Agreed. Nothing spectacular and IMO there was a clear stoppage on the shootout attempt.

NHL said it's OK, apparently not strictly applying the continuous motion requirement, allowing some wiggle room.

I wish Crawford would have tried a poke-check at that moment.

If I was still a goalie, I'd poke check the player who tried that on me right in the skates and send him flying lol. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Who's to say the goalie wasn't playing the puck!?! lol

what happens if a goalie throws his stick out in a shootout? i know in regular time/OT its a penalty shot... does the player get to go again?

what happens if a goalie throws his stick out in a shootout? i know in regular time/OT its a penalty shot... does the player get to go again?

From NHL rule 24.4:

The goalkeeper may attempt to stop the shot in any manner except by throwing his stick or any object, or by deliberately dislodging the goal,in which case a goal shall be awarded.

Spin-o-ramas are stupid and should be disallowed if you can see that the puck does not continue to move forward. There are a few exceptions from the puck continually moving forward that could also be reviewed but would be difficult because the puck might move backward relative to the shooter while still continuing a forward motion.

Spin-o-ramas are stupid and should be disallowed if you can see that the puck does not continue to move forward. There are a few exceptions from the puck continually moving forward that could also be reviewed but would be difficult because the puck might move backward relative to the shooter while still continuing a forward motion.

Unfortunately, they didn't seem to leave room for the ref to use his judgment as to the puck movement, or lack thereof. The rule has a built-in ruling that the spin-o-rama has the required motion. It would be interesting to see a case with an obviously retreating spin; in order to disallow, they'd have to go against the clear language of this rule, which they shouldn't be able to do. This rule should be written better, to integrate properly with the continuous motion rule.

From NHL rule 24.2:

The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion.

nice shot, but hardly an "epic" goal.

how isnt that a epic goal? fake shot to reverse toe drag then a bad angle backhand roof... it is alot more impressive than datsuyk goal from last night wich was realy sick too...

how isnt that a epic goal? fake shot to reverse toe drag then a bad angle backhand roof... it is alot more impressive than datsuyk goal from last night wich was realy sick too...

It's not an epic goal because it simply wasn't. It's a nice goal, definitely, but not mind blowing amazingly epic.

Dats goal last night was nice too, but also not as epic as some make it out to be.

Both goals were equally impressive, but not exactly mind blowing.