Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

Guys, bottom line, because this is getting really confusing when it comes to sizing. I wear an 8.5 in Flexlites, what size should I get with the new vapors (x:50)? I don't care about the fittment aspects and I don't have anywhere to try them on, so if I wear an 8.5 in flexlites, what size of new gen vapors should I get? Thank you

The current Flexlites? (2.0/3.0/4.0) or last years models? When I tried on the Flexlite 4.0 it felt pretty standard on the sizing (my usual 9D) opposed to the 8.5 I ended up with on the X:50. You best bet is to order from Inline Wearhouse (if you're in the US anyway. If Canada or overseas it might not work as well). They have a great return policy, so if you buy the wrong size it's easy to make an exchange. My experience was that the new Vapors (at least the X:50) run about a half size bigger than the average.

Current flexlites, thanks ][ncognito, anyone else, and btw I'm from Europe so I really don't want to spend on shipping sending them back., then again duties and taxes, because the guys at the postal office are jerks like that.

Come on guys, I really need your help on this. Cheers

hey they took the warrior thing and had a bauer on the lower part of the stick...i like that

prefer 40s graphics though

Guys, bottom line, because this is getting really confusing when it comes to sizing. I wear an 8.5 in Flexlites, what size should I get with the new vapors (x:50)? I don't care about the fittment aspects and I don't have anywhere to try them on, so if I wear an 8.5 in flexlites, what size of new gen vapors should I get? Thank you

And if I may also ask about sizing everybody, I know these questions have been beat to death, and I don't have a LHS within 5 hours of where I live, what would be a "suggested" size in the X-60 compared to a size 10D Mission XP-120? I'm thinking 9 or 9.5?? He wears a size 11.5 shoe (my son). His foot shape is wider in the forefoot area, narrower at the heel. And he's always wore Mission, so not really familiar with how Bauer fits compared to Mission.

I really wish I could drive somewhere and have him try-on, but boy it's a LONG way. :-)

Thanks in advance.

If you're going to drop that amount of money on skates (the X60s are a new model so I'm assuming you're going to be spending quite a bit) then it may be worth it to plan a trip around it...maybe plan a family vacation for a week/weekend somewhere that happens to have a good hockey shop in the general area.

With that said, if that's out of the question I think your on the right track with your estimate of 9. I've worn an 8.5 Mission before and have tried on a friends NBH One90 skates and while they were a bit narrow for me the length of them was correct (from trying them on and standing on the foot beds) - they were 7.5. So it seems to me that from a length only perspective you need to go one size down when going from Mission to Bauer...but the overall fit of the skates is likely different and sizing can vary by model. If you're going to order online then just order from a site where it's easy to exchange sizes if you guess wrong.

Hey guys, didnt search for this topic very well and started a new one, i'll post my question here instead. My bad guys.

As you all could probably guess, hockey gear is pretty limited in New Zealand. I'm thinking on ordering a pair of X:60's online but want to be sure on the fit first. I can try a pair of size 7.5 Bauer vapor xxxx's, would these fit the same as an X:60?

For example, does a 7.5 XXXX fit the exact same as a 7.5 X:60 would?

Thanks.

i doubt it will be in real life, most games use 1 stick design and just stick different graphics onto it

Good point. I think they may use one model for the S17, then another one for all the other sticks. They have more than just one model, for authenticity. Maybe an 8-sided taper model for the Octogun will make the game. Doubtful though. No pros use it. Then again, the CL has been found in the latest screens.

again i doubt it...its not just a simple as creating a really skinny rectangular box, they have to make a new animations/movement/put with player animations etc. etc. with every new stick design

believe me i've spent time zooming in on replays to check, they get the graphics all realistic and stuff but in the end its the same taper

but i definately wished they did

Interesting then that they didn't use the more standard shape and have just the s17 screwed up instead of every other stick screwed up.

again i doubt it...its not just a simple as creating a really skinny rectangular box, they have to make a new animations/movement/put with player animations etc. etc. with every new stick design

believe me i've spent time zooming in on replays to check, they get the graphics all realistic and stuff but in the end its the same taper

but i definately wished they did

You make one universal stick model and re-texture it for the different sticks. If you have a separate model for like an S17 then it's a different story but doing something like that's a waste of time and space.

Hey guys, didnt search for this topic very well and started a new one, i'll post my question here instead. My bad guys.

As you all could probably guess, hockey gear is pretty limited in New Zealand. I'm thinking on ordering a pair of X:60's online but want to be sure on the fit first. I can try a pair of size 7.5 Bauer vapor xxxx's, would these fit the same as an X:60?

Thanks.

I wouldnt say exact, but it would be pretty close. I wear a 9D in the Vapor XXXXs and the 9D in the X60s fit very similar.

isn't that what i just said? :P

probably, it was a little early in the AM when I posted that so there's a chance I wasn't reading it right :D

To the question about fit I can tell you this, I wear a size 8d in Vapors, and 7.5Din One 95

Vapor XXXX for me anyways fit the same for my original Vapor 8, My vapor X, and now Vapor X60 all 8d fit is similar enough, i find the x60 very easy to skate in right out of the box, although i find the ankle position a bit different from the 8's and 10's which I owned, I never had the 40's just tried a pair via a friend

Hope this helps for what its worth also I wear a 10 shoe

Thanks.

I wouldnt say exact, but it would be pretty close. I wear a 9D in the Vapor XXXXs and the 9D in the X60s fit very similar.

To the question about fit I can tell you this, I wear a size 8d in Vapors, and 7.5Din One 95

Vapor XXXX for me anyways fit the same for my original Vapor 8, My vapor X, and now Vapor X60 all 8d fit is similar enough, i find the x60 very easy to skate in right out of the box, although i find the ankle position a bit different from the 8's and 10's which I owned, I never had the 40's just tried a pair via a friend

Hope this helps for what its worth also I wear a 10 shoe

Thanks heaps guys, went to my lhs today and tried on an old pair of vapor 12's or so lol (good gear is hard to come by in NZ!) and the 8 fit perfect so I'm going to assume the X:60's will fit good also and order them in an 8.

Thanks again!

I would say definetly, and moreover, you will love the 60's there an excellent boot. I have but depends alot on how you wear the skates gone down to 96" laces as the 108" are huge. Good Luck and let us know