Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

My foot is usually between a really narrow D width or a C width. Its kinda shaped like the opposite of the V. (Not really but I'm sure you guys get the point) At the moment, I'm wearing a One95 skate in a C width. And they fit bang on, but they are completely torn apart. So I'm on the market for some new skates. As far width goes, do the x60's D width even come close to a C width One95, or is much wider. Because a D width Vapor 40 felt like I was skating in the ocean. As far as the cut of the boot, are they as high cut and forward pitched as the One95's. Or do they feel more like the Vapors 40's in terms of boot cut and the pitch back on the heels.

If the one95 is spot on with fit then I doubt the x:60 is for you sadly.

Hey Guys

For the past 10 to 6 years or so I have been skating in Bauers, the Vapor line i particular. They have been great for me but the XXXX last year gave me huge ankle problems on both of my legs to the point where I couldnt really put the skate on my foot. I was wondering wheter anyone knows if the the X60 or X50 are better for ankle problems than the XXXX's and if not what skate would you recomend for better more comfortable ankle protection? Thanks a lot

Hey Guys

For the past 10 to 6 years or so I have been skating in Bauers, the Vapor line i particular. They have been great for me but the XXXX last year gave me huge ankle problems on both of my legs to the point where I couldnt really put the skate on my foot. I was wondering wheter anyone knows if the the X60 or X50 are better for ankle problems than the XXXX's and if not what skate would you recomend for better more comfortable ankle protection? Thanks a lot

Bauer has improved on the x60's ankle support/cushion. I myself have had problems with the XXV where my right heel would slip to the point I didn't wanna bother trying the new x60, but surprisingly after trying on the one95's and the x60, the new x60's are very supportive in the ankle and heel area. I say go for it and try the new x60's on at the store and walk around in them for a bit.

Hey Guys

Ever have the ankles punched out or re-bake the boot?

Hey Guys, Thanks a lot!

ehhm ya I tried having them punched out 2 years ago and it actually worked pretty well, but last year they didnt wanna do it for me since they said it would ruin the boot apperently..

I never tried rebaking them may that i should do as well

nobody said anything so far about the new dual density foam or the new tongue, are they something special or just gimicks?

I think the reason why you're not seeing a lot of user reviews on the skate is because nobody is buying anything right now. I know my LHS in Orlando sold one pair, I know other stores who have been sitting on them ever since they came out. Times are tough and skates can wait.

I think the reason why you're not seeing a lot of user reviews on the skate is because nobody is buying anything right now. I know my LHS in Orlando sold one pair, I know other stores who have been sitting on them ever since they came out. Times are tough and skates can wait.

I've heard they are moving decently at one of the stores around my way. Could be a regional thing.

Been having an "issue" with my X-60s. The left skate is fine but the right one seems too narrow for some reason. I've never had an issue wtih Bauer or Nike Bauer Vapors before. I got fit at my LHS and bought em there (as with all my skates).

The right skate feels too narrow in the area where the toecap meets the boot. Doesn't bother me at 1st but over 1.5-2 hours on the ice I start to feel it pretty good and I can see on my big toe where its rubbing.

Been thinking about taking em to my LHS to see if they can maybe stretch em out or something. Not sure what to do actually...maybe try and have them rebaked? I originally had it done with the Bauer footbeds but I've been using the grey superfeet in them for a bit now.

They should be able to punch that area out...it will keep getting worse because your toe is going to be rubbed raw. Better to fix it sooner rather than later.

Zach

Been having an "issue" with my X-60s. The left skate is fine but the right one seems too narrow for some reason. I've never had an issue wtih Bauer or Nike Bauer Vapors before. I got fit at my LHS and bought em there (as with all my skates).

The right skate feels too narrow in the area where the toecap meets the boot. Doesn't bother me at 1st but over 1.5-2 hours on the ice I start to feel it pretty good and I can see on my big toe where its rubbing.

Been thinking about taking em to my LHS to see if they can maybe stretch em out or something. Not sure what to do actually...maybe try and have them rebaked? I originally had it done with the Bauer footbeds but I've been using the grey superfeet in them for a bit now.

I have the same problems at all my vapors - i have the XXV's the xxxx's and now the X:60 - at all the big toes are rubbing on the toecap and it is very painfull.

I try now to heat the cap and stretch them. Hope it will be better then.

greets from germany

frank

I have the same problems at all my vapors - i have the XXV's the xxxx's and now the X:60 - at all the big toes are rubbing on the toecap and it is very painfull.

I try now to heat the cap and stretch them. Hope it will be better then.

greets from germany

frank

Question is, if they've all done that, why do you continue to purchase ill-fitting skates?

Yeah - good question.

The first Vapor ill buy was in 7,5 D and the toe rubbing problems will showed only after 2-3 hours iceskating, so i think that they are a little bit to big.

So i bought the second pair in 7D - i brushed the toecap, they feel fine, but same as before after a few hours skating the again rubbing toe problems (a little bit less then bevor).

All other things are fine at the vapors, heel locks perfect and skating in the first hour was really good.

So is at the toes some callus an i hoped that the X:60 will fix the problem - but no, the toecap is the same as it was on vapor xxxx.

Today i have heated the toecap with the heatgun and punched it particular- i will test it in the next days.

greets from germany

frank

Now i have skated in the Vapors XXV (converted to Inlineskates) after heat up the toe cap (punctual with a heatgun) i pressed the toecap from the inside with a plastic hammer - and fixed the hammer for cool down the cap.

Yesterday i've played 3 hours hockey in them - and there is no more rubbing at the toecap - they will fit perfect :D

Now i will do the same with the X:60's.

quick question: on the icewarehouse website says that the x:60 in a size 9 is heavier than a x:50 in a size 9, now I really don't mind the weight difference because you can't feel it, what I don't understand is what is heavier in the x:60, because everything is lighter in theory, ultra light tech mesh for the x:60, lightweight tech mesh for 50, carbon vs texalium so what is heavier in the x:60? the abrasion resistant top layer of the liner? the tongue?

Sorry, not going to put much credence in one skate and call it a "full review."

Busted, I meant a mini review after my first skate in them :P

Anyways, after my skate in the X60's on Friday the skates definitely felt much better then the previous Vapor skates. The heel lock portion was beefier then the 40's and I had no heel slipping issues. Didn't really notice any benefits from the moisture wickening liner on the heel.

The forefoot area was surprisingly roomier as I felt no pressure points and the fit was snug, not tight and uncomfortable after a couple hours of hockey. IMO probably my last pair of skates!

IMO probably my last pair of skates!

If I had a nickle for everytime I saw someone post that they found thier last piece of equipment, I'd have a shitload of nickles.

LOL :lol: Not a million, not I would be rich or anything like that, a "shitload of nickels" :lol:

"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there"-Larry the Cableguy

quick question: on the icewarehouse website says that the x:60 in a size 9 is heavier than a x:50 in a size 9, now I really don't mind the weight difference because you can't feel it, what I don't understand is what is heavier in the x:60, because everything is lighter in theory, ultra light tech mesh for the x:60, lightweight tech mesh for 50, carbon vs texalium so what is heavier in the x:60? the abrasion resistant top layer of the liner? the tongue?

the x:60's heavier than the xxxx...if i remember right its because they put more material on the tendon guard to make it really stiff

Easy fix on my skate problem. I had the damn footbeds installed in the wrong feet. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am an idiot....skates are feeling MUCH better now (obviously).

Carry on!