Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

That is odd that you never drop the stick in the game.

I think these are all little things that add up to a much more playable and believable game IMO.

Oh, and the play by play is awful, way too repetitive and lots of pluralization issues ("Chicagos are winning the battles for the puck"?).

There really isn't any way to get around repeative play by play. With a limited budget and schedule there's only so much that can be recorded, which is why I like how the 2K series has focused a lot on music in the game. Usually when I play any sports game I turn the sound off and just put on the stereo.

How about the same skating and shooting across your body top shelf not working so much? How about some rebounds you can actually do something with and not have them obnoxiously bounce around above your head? I would also "settle" for a goalie not sliding on his ass whenever a team goes across the ice for a one-timer. You know, small requests tho I can really see how vital picking what kind of goddamn tape job a player has. Maybe they should go for the gold and let me pick what colour mouthguard I want.

A lot of that stuff was complained (right word?) about on the EA forums, and they say they've fixed a lot of the glitches and problems that people have been wanting to be fixed. The curve shot, the skate-across-the-crease goal, etc, has supposedly all been fixed. You can one-time loose pucks this year too. I don't know what you mean about the rebounds bouncing on your head. Do you mean when that happens to the goalie and it magically rolls around on his head/back, and then when it finally falls back, it gets absorbed into his back?

I mean the rebound situation you mentioned, but also on some shots the rebound just bounces up and you can't really do anything with it. The majority of rebounds I see are ones you can't do anything with. They're either the flukey ones we've mentioned or they're shot back at you almost as hard as you shot it. I also can't claim it to be my own skill, but why am I beating teams 30+ to 1 in faceoffs? I like the idea of one-timing pucks anywhere but I can see it leading to people getting more penalties if they don't hold down the trigger before slamming it.

Yeah, the only thing you can do is camp out and wait for the thing to hit the ice. The problem with that is there seems to be a delay until your player gets the puck, specifically when it pops down in corners. You can't go full speed and grab the puck, you have to delay until he gets it. Half the time that lets the CPU smash your head into the glass or just take the puck and go the other way. Really aggravating. As far as faceoffs go, it seems like you're either winning or your losing. Some games I dominate in faceoffs, and some games I couldn't buy a frickin faceoff if I had to. It'd be nice if they updated the faceoff engine for this year. That was one part of 2K9 that I liked, the faceoffs were better.

If you hit the RB sometimes it will swat at the puck out of mid-air. I think it has to be near the goal, I've scored that way a couple times.

Maybe it's me not tweaking the sliders right; maybe it's me sucking in general; maybe it's me not liking to shoot "down" when I'm the visitor. Sometimes when I'm trying to aim low with a slapper from the point I let go some really nasty Fulton Reed shit that bounces way up high on the glass. Other times I try to go high and it ends up low. I'm guessing the controls don't really reverse or something but I realllllllly hate skating down.

Maybe it's me not tweaking the sliders right; maybe it's me sucking in general; maybe it's me not liking to shoot "down" when I'm the visitor. Sometimes when I'm trying to aim low with a slapper from the point I let go some really nasty Fulton Reed shit that bounces way up high on the glass. Other times I try to go high and it ends up low. I'm guessing the controls don't really reverse or something but I realllllllly hate skating down.

you can change the settings to always skate "up"

i knew they where going to go with that more worn texture graphics ....

as long as they fix that stupid freeze when you miss a one timer, im good to go

i knew they where going to go with that more worn texture graphics ....

as long as they fix that stupid freeze when you miss a one timer, im good to go

One timer freeze, players "losing" the puck, changing to the wrong player, players not being able to take passes or use their stick in stride, and poke being the same button as saucer pass. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in for a scrum, poked the puck free or gained it only to have had hit the RB and coughed up the weakest little pass.

you can change the settings to always skate "up"

I know this, but I'm not always playing the computer.

More retro jerseys, i almost always play with retro jerseys when i play, they always seem to look cool for the most part. Custom gloves would be cool too, to swap the logo colors on goalie pads and holders on skates. I think the tape is pretty bad, that glitch where you can see the puck through the blade in the shootout and what not is pretty lame and the fact that any player under about 215 can only use regular flex sticks. More toe curves and a slapshot curve too would be great.

One aspect I think would be interestting to work into the new physical play would be checking back. I don't know about all of you, but when someone lowers their shoulder on me I try to hit them, especially if I don't have the puck anymore.

The best way to take a hit, is to deliver a hit.

I'd also definitely like to see the more physical bigger players not get bundled by just anyone all the time. You can make Chara come off the ice and have his ass go above the dasher with St. Louis in 09...

Another thing that drives me crazy - especially playing online or against friends - is when I go to check someone and it's a cross check right out of the blue, or a poke check skating backwards on someone is a tripping penalty. After the updates, the penalties have really gotten out of hand.

I hope they really change the way the computer trades, especially in BAP. Dynasty has some weird trades, but nothing like the BAP ones. My thinking on that changed tonight however when I finished my first season with the Ducks and got an offer from Pittsburgh.

It was:

Sidney Crosby

A. Wozniewski

D. Bootland

for

Bobby Ryan

D. LeNeveu

E. Boguniecki

I almost felt dickish in accepting it since Ryan was my best player @ a 77 rating. Oh well, it just meant I got no Selanne.

I was playing my dynasty with Washington yesterday, and Buffalo offered me Derek Roy, Thomas Vanek and an AHLer for Jeff freakin' Schultz plus two AHLer. :rolleyes:

It bothers me after a couple of seasons in dynasty/BAP, you hardly recognize any of the team's rosters anymore.

First off, pretty mean looking cover for the game. Second, since I only play club games, I'm glad to learn that curve shots and goal line garbage goals will be eliminated from the game. The curve shot is easy to defend but it gets pretty annoying. Our club team made sure we had it ready just in case some chump tries it on us we'd be able to scare them off by curving one in. It will leave a lot of people lost who don't really know how to play the game without glitching. I also like how they will be adding more custom jerseys for club teams, that should mix things up a bit instead of having all the same damn teams and logos. Looking forward to NHL 10 in September.

LOL wow. funniest sentence ever.

And on the topic of crappy BAP trades:

LA receives Zetterberg, Svatos, and some no name

DET receives Handzus, Trevor Lewis, and a 1st rounder.

I never manually aim...for some odd reason it's just too much stuff going on trying to skate in and move the puck then abruptly change direction and shoot.

It'd also be nice to tweak the controller response, lots of times I load up a wrist shot and try to shoot, only to deke to the other side. Maybe I just need to play with the settings or something.

I don't think you added this, but here's a video they released showing a little glimpse at the board play. I'm assuming the AI doesn't engage him right away because he does it in a totally random spot. But, some thing's to note are the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo on the ice, new goalie pads, new goalie animations, guy blocking the cross crease pass, and a new scoreboard in the top left. Somebody froze a frame from the video and highlighted what they thought were beards on peoples faces, thinking they had playoff beards, but I don't see anything like that in the video.

I don't really like how Kronwall kicks through the wall, but there's still a few months before release so maybe they can fix that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQUVcVQC28E

EDIT: Notice the all black goalie sticks in some of the new pics. They're obviously still adding new gear. Hopefully they listened to all the people on the forums and are adding lots of gear this year.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/958004/...ley_041508.html

^ its a football game but hear me out...if you played gta iv or star wars force unleashed you'd know what i'm talking about...its a game engine called euphoria (i think) and natural motion...its where every character/object reacts individually in a realistic physical/physics way to another character/event/object etc. etc., it needs some polishing but its pretty solid and thats what they totally need to add into a hockey game, it'll make it an entire world of difference. the video gives you an idea

hopefully they dont make boardplay impossible on classic controls like they did protecting the puck..

you should honestly pick up the skill stick, still using classic was ok in the first yesr but now next gen is now...