Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

I love the new passing, you can bounce passes off the boards, something i do in real life all the time. I wish you could apply boosts to retail equipment because my flame skates and tattoo helmet are FUGLY. Thank god the "kane 88" gloves are just 4 rolls.

Another question, why does the trading block not offer a overall number to compare against? All they have is trade value but is not numerical so i cant tell if the cpu will think its a good trade or not, hence my GM rep is very low. Is Okposo (pre Dion) really more valuable then Iginla? come on Nhl 10...!

Got it and even though they've made some improvements, I'm not impressed.

- New passing system is horrible (ask for a pass on Be-A-Pro and 60% of the time, you'll never get it on your stick. Same goes for making the pass)

- Be-a-GM mode is tricky. Went with the Habs and been offered by god knows how many teams to trade Brian Gionta to them. Rejected the offers and my reputation goes down. If I don't want to trade a player, then don't have it affect my reputation.

- Goalie movements are incredibly twitchy. Don't see the need for having the goalie to dive/leap/backflip EVERY single time he needs to make a save.

- Easy one timer goals are back. Get it backpost and it's in 100% of the time. Thought EA would've kept it out for good.

- Played online and every game I play, always get hassled into fights after every single whistle. Sure it's fun the first few times but come on...

- Goalie again. WAY too complicated! If EA thought controlling players with analogue sticks rather than buttons, why not the same for the goalies? And if they wanted to put new controls, have a more detailed tutorial. Plus desperation saves practically stop EVERYTHING. Glitch save anyone? No thanks...

- Boardplay is great and all but needs much improvement. Always somehow get pinned even though I'm 5ft away from the boards.

Lots of great new features but needs some serious revision.

Got it and even though they've made some improvements, I'm not impressed.

- New passing system is horrible (ask for a pass on Be-A-Pro and 60% of the time, you'll never get it on your stick. Same goes for making the pass)

- Be-a-GM mode is tricky. Went with the Habs and been offered by god knows how many teams to trade Brian Gionta to them. Rejected the offers and my reputation goes down. If I don't want to trade a player, then don't have it affect my reputation.

- Goalie movements are incredibly twitchy. Don't see the need for having the goalie to dive/leap/backflip EVERY single time he needs to make a save.

- Easy one timer goals are back. Get it backpost and it's in 100% of the time. Thought EA would've kept it out for good.

- Played online and every game I play, always get hassled into fights after every single whistle. Sure it's fun the first few times but come on...

- Goalie again. WAY too complicated! If EA thought controlling players with analogue sticks rather than buttons, why not the same for the goalies? And if they wanted to put new controls, have a more detailed tutorial. Plus desperation saves practically stop EVERYTHING. Glitch save anyone? No thanks...

- Boardplay is great and all but needs much improvement. Always somehow get pinned even though I'm 5ft away from the boards.

Lots of great new features but needs some serious revision.

All of these points seem like you just don't want to adapt to a new game. The passing system is fantastic, no more tape to tape through tons of traffic without anyone on the other team touching. Good on EA making it more realistic. Not accepting peoples trades is, in real life, going to affect your reputation. Especially if you do it several, several times. Chances are Gionta was on your trading block, or apart of the group set as a surplus on your team. Once again, more realistic. As for the goalie, I've seen one windmill save in my several games, and it was done by my friend in an OTP game and he did it just for fun. The goalies work more like real goalies now, another more realistic approach. Yes the online after the whistle is frustrating, but if you just stand there and wait, the person sitting there laying into you will eventually get a roughing penalty. Boadplay is easily avoidable by staying towards the center of the ice. I think you are over exaggerating how far away from the boards you are.

I'm getting sick of the ridiculous player movement. I start a be- A Pro and within a day Lecavelier is a Ranger and Luongo is on the Wild. Give me a break.

That's only because these players technically didn't have contracts this year, and thus left for free agency. Unfortuantly, EA has yet to develop and sim engine that takes the feelings of the players into consideration. It's all number for EA.

I honestly believe that NHL '10 is leaps and bounds beyond 09, and as they patch/fix things it will only get better. However, the gear you have to wear to get the extra stats is god awful ugly. Big mess up on that one.

I honestly believe that NHL '10 is leaps and bounds beyond 09, and as they patch/fix things it will only get better. However, the gear you have to wear to get the extra stats is god awful ugly. Big mess up on that one.

10 is definitely much better. I somehow had a 400 Microsoft point card thingey sitting around so i picked up the offensive defender pack for my be a pro. it makes your gloves, skates, and stick goldish (and doesn't look that bad; i was drafted by St Louis) and it really makes a big enough difference to justify the uglyness.

However, if i didn't have that card i'd be rocking the kane 88 skates and warrior franchise gloves.

now if they'll just put the KHL back into it..... grrr

How are your slider settings?

I've tweaked mine and it feels more comfortable now. Turned up the game speed a notch, turned up injuries, cranked pass speed all the way up (passes are supposed to be faster than skating), turned up the shot speed (which made a huge difference in scoring)...it seems to be a better experience now.

How are your slider settings?

I've tweaked mine and it feels more comfortable now. Turned up the game speed a notch, turned up injuries, cranked pass speed all the way up (passes are supposed to be faster than skating), turned up the shot speed (which made a huge difference in scoring)...it seems to be a better experience now.

Turning up shot speed's almost a necessity. In NHL 09 on the default settings, guys like Chara had 80 mph slapshots. It's better in 10 this year. I only turned the shot power up one notch, and Salo's got a 100 mph slapshot like he should. On the default hardcore settings, the shot's looked like a soft pass, not an Ovechkin laser snap shot. I have to have some pass assistance on as well, because the majority of my passes just do not go where I want. I'm trying to get used to it, but missing a guy for a shorthanded breakaway by 30 feet with a 4 mph pass is really frustrating.

I'm also finding it way harder to score this year. It seems the only way to score is on rebounds from the point. I try to cycle it on overload or shoot from the slot, but can never get anything going other than point shots. I've been shut out twice on Pro so far, whereas I was pretty good at 09 on All-Star.

When I bumped up two notches on the shot power, I went from not scoring to having a game with 4 goals, 1 assist, and 6 posts. I'll probably turn it down a notch again.

I had my first hard freeze and had to restart the game...it was on for a couple days though.

does anyone else think be a pro gets boring very fast?

Only reason I played NHL 09 for so long, and it's the only thing I really play on NHL 10 now. Different strokes though.

I will say being able to control passes to my player and such has made Madden Be a Pro boring as ever.

i can't do jack on all-star but i go nuts on pro...wish there was one in between, obviously i went with the big scores on pro lvl though

i tweaked a lil, i turned on pass assist, but didn't move the bar to anything, helps very lil but still makes pass loose and stuff, put shot power about 1 or 2 below max and slapshot power one less than that, and all the passes max speed, feels pretty real now

AI still pisses me off once in awhile but its not as bad as 09

I scored a goal on my knees after being dragged down on a breakaway. That has so far made this worth the upgrade to me.

haha awesome...i had that once but i ended sliding really close to the goalies before i can shoot, i did get a goal by slapping the puck out of the air though, but thats just mass button mashing (well stick flicking?)

I've been able to get an insane amount of goals with me be a pro defender from the slot near the blue line. slap or snap shot, one timer or not. Usually my first shot on goal from there always goes in. Not sure if its a glitch or if i'm just lucky. Not sure what level i'm playing on though.

High slappers seem to be the best way to score so far. And I was excited about batting a puck out of mid air...he still made the save though.

I'm enjoying 10 more than 09. Sure it needs a few tweaks but it's just a better game to me. Now they need to work on adding MORE things present in real hockey like those short dump passes over a defender to a streaking forward and the ability to skate backwards with the puck in the offensive zone (unless it's in there and I'm just too stupid to figure it out)

If anyone wants to play on PS3 my name is ForzaTifosi79

I'm enjoying 10 more than 09. Sure it needs a few tweaks but it's just a better game to me. Now they need to work on adding MORE things present in real hockey like those short dump passes over a defender to a streaking forward and the ability to skate backwards with the puck in the offensive zone (unless it's in there and I'm just too stupid to figure it out)

If anyone wants to play on PS3 my name is ForzaTifosi79

Hold L-Trigger while you are skating and you'll face the net.

I'm surprised the gear whores haven't addded this yet... Anyone notice the Kane One95 uses Easton curves? Come on now EA Sports, you really should have got this bit right, it's even got Kane's name on it, why not his curve?

this thread alone is making me consider going out and buying a console to play this game.

if i were to go and commit, which system has the best bang for buck... PS3 or Xbox?

PS3 has a blu-ray player. Game, set, match.

(Unless you have a blu-ray player already...in which case PS3 still wins, but it's less of a landslide).