Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

Hate the Ulitmate team, every game I've played they have 4-5 top notch NHLers and the best guy on my team is Pens prospect Tangradi! I bought a few packs to try to get some decent guys but no one! is there some trick? Its not even fun because games arent even close

When you're picking sides and jerseys, look at your opponents rankings in Off, Def, and Goa, then make the decision on whether to continue into the game or back out. Why would you agree to play someone in the high 80's when you're in mid-to-low 70's?

My first impressions (after 1 CHL game and a few practice drills): Great game. Faceoffs are going to take a while to master, as are dekes and stuff, but a few challenges are what it's all about. London beat my Spitfires 4-2 (Kadri 1 g, 3a - please do that in TO this year), even though I outshot them 25-8 or something like that in 5 min periods. I have to mess around with it more to get used to everything, and looking forward to a roster update. I wasn't too good with my first game without trying to get used to everything.

Minor anal complaints so far: No Dale Mitchell on last years Windsor team, and Windsor plays in the WFCU Centre, not WCFU Centre. James Woodcroft has Connor O'Donnell's face (see Guelph).

I think this game will be great once the roster updates are done, and of course once I get used to all the features, moves, etc. I like the goal celebration part, that's cool they brought that back. The best part for me though is the addition of the CHL teams - finally! Faces, names, and the announcing of that too....great!

I cant figure out how to do goal celebrations.. I see that you press one of the buttons..and I've only played head to head on against my brother so far, but neither of us can get it to do anything when we score besides cut to a video.. ps3 version.

I cant figure out how to do goal celebrations.. I see that you press one of the buttons..and I've only played head to head on against my brother so far, but neither of us can get it to do anything when we score besides cut to a video.. ps3 version.

Go to the controls section of the i game pause menu. its one of the triggers and a face button depending on which celly

In my short GM season, so far the trades don't look that crazy. Other than Colorado giving me a 1st rd pick for Bouillon and signing Paajarvi-Svensson as a FA it's been pretty lackluster and 'normal.'

I don't mind the broken sticks as much as I thought I would. It happened about four times total in a preseason game and that seems normal. Have to adjust the sliders some more as not one minor penalty was called all game.

In my short GM season, so far the trades don't look that crazy. Other than Colorado giving me a 1st rd pick for Bouillon and signing Paajarvi-Svensson as a FA it's been pretty lackluster and 'normal.'

I don't mind the broken sticks as much as I thought I would. It happened about four times total in a preseason game and that seems normal. Have to adjust the sliders some more as not one minor penalty was called all game.

I felt like penalties are too high. I keep getting tripping calls where the player doesn't even go down, he just slips a little or sometimes isn't even affected. I did take a few charging calls, which was interesting and long overdue in this game. Still don't like the lateral speed of the defenseman, theyre too difficult for even the fastest skater to get around.

I felt like penalties are too high. I keep getting tripping calls where the player doesn't even go down, he just slips a little or sometimes isn't even affected. I did take a few charging calls, which was interesting and long overdue in this game. Still don't like the lateral speed of the defenseman, theyre too difficult for even the fastest skater to get around.

Anyone tried the 2k11 or Slapshot games for the Wii? I already dumped NHL 10 for 09 and am thinking if I buy a new game, would rather just go for something different than a $60 roster update.

Agreed tripping/slashing calls happen a little bit too much for me, hopefully that can be adjusted with a tuner update.

Was playing with HUT last night, and my team is LEGIT now, Thornton Stamkos, Lombardi, J-Bo, Hiller to name a few. You can auction off the WORST cards (9 game contract extension for example) for 150 pucks (minimum) and then go buy another consumables pack when you have done it enough times, and continue the process. I just play a tourney in between the hour auction and then repeat the process. Kinda sneaky, but makes sense.

I love the hits in the game, they are fantastic. The new engine is fantastic in general, the occasional fluke goal, plus more realistic goals and collisions in general (I think). Cross crease passes are much harder to do now as well, but executed well still result in a goal. Loving it!

i wont call it glitching but I found that allot of people are going to old glitches like wrap around from behind the net, like 15 times a game...

The offence is kind of ridiculous and too many penalities...

Still I luv the game...

hey a quick question for anyone who pre ordered at either EBgames or in the US Gamestop. Wasn't there supposed to be a gimmick like bauer gear for your BAP player? did anyone receive that or a code to redeem it?

hey a quick question for anyone who pre ordered at either EBgames or in the US Gamestop. Wasn't there supposed to be a gimmick like bauer gear for your BAP player? did anyone receive that or a code to redeem it?

Bought it yesterday. Initial impression: meh

Its fun, but sometimes my players just feel too slow and ineffective. every bump kills them, and passing is so weird. Still like 6-1 in online play. Im sure itll be fun when i get used to it, similarly to '10. Anyone wants to play me add me up (same name as on here-xbox360)

The code should of been on your receipt. Gear is ugly but it gives pretty good stats for a defenseman.

Why can I not score in this game??? I'm outshooting the AI something stupid like 5 to 1, and I'm losing 2-0. I turned the goalie reaction time down and shot speed up, but I can't beat the goalies for the life of me.

I'm pretty happy with the game overall though. The physics engine is pretty cool, I like the way the hits look, especially if you turn the power down a little bit. The game just seems more refined; better flow and the graphics look sharper. Be a GM has some decent improvements, but I'm disappointed in Be a Pro. Pretty much the only difference I've noticed is playing in the Memorial Cup and more XP for your player.

Anyone tried the 2k11 or Slapshot games for the Wii? I already dumped NHL 10 for 09 and am thinking if I buy a new game, would rather just go for something different than a $60 roster update.

Well, Slapshot's gotten great reviews. And if 2k11 is anything like 2k10 DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I swear to god, it's like really repetitive. It gets really easy and even on Franchise, when you try to challenge your self. Graphics aren't good. Shooting and deking doesn't always work. Oh and what really pisses me off is that in 2 FRIGGING YEARS THEY STILL DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ONE 95 ON THE STICK SELECTION FOR MAKE A PLAYER!! And yeah, I'm leaving 2k sports for Slapshot..

Greatest moment so far. Was playing my brother, he pressed L1 so that the defensemen bends over and puts his stick on the ice to block a pass. Using the crazy moves thing I do the one where he flips the puck up and jumps after it, right over the Dmans stick, lands and shoot top shelf. I was shocked. Very cool :)

Also love the new hipcheck button

Why can I not score in this game??? I'm outshooting the AI something stupid like 5 to 1, and I'm losing 2-0. I turned the goalie reaction time down and shot speed up, but I can't beat the goalies for the life of me.

I'm pretty happy with the game overall though. The physics engine is pretty cool, I like the way the hits look, especially if you turn the power down a little bit. The game just seems more refined; better flow and the graphics look sharper. Be a GM has some decent improvements, but I'm disappointed in Be a Pro. Pretty much the only difference I've noticed is playing in the Memorial Cup and more XP for your player.

What kind of Be a GM improvements?

Trade AI's improved (haven't seen any ridiculous trades like last year), RFA's are in, you can scout the CHL leagues and draft real players (atleast in the first draft), free agent salary demands are much better (Laraque is asking for a $580k, 2-way contract, not a 1-way $1.5 million contract) and they get lower as the season goes on. They're all little things, but they help with the depth a bit. It's still not EHM level depth, but I think they'll get closer to that in the next few years.

aw dang, I really hoped that they'd fix the minor-league development system. After a few drafts, my AHL team is filled with 17-20 year olds... and the FA market is flooded with star players in their prime who cannot be picked up since team rosters are full.

They might have. I know they made some changes to the FA logic that supposedly keeps star players from sitting on the market like last year. I haven't made it through a full season yet so I can't tell you for sure if anything's changed though.

Greatest moment so far. Was playing my brother, he pressed L1 so that the defensemen bends over and puts his stick on the ice to block a pass. Using the crazy moves thing I do the one where he flips the puck up and jumps after it, right over the Dmans stick, lands and shoot top shelf. I was shocked. Very cool :)

Also love the new hipcheck button

Hip check button? :huh:

anyone know where I can find my "preorder" bauer boost code?

When I picked up my game from EB on Tuesday they gave me a seperate card with the code on it.