Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

Still waiting for roster updates before I begin playing...Be A GM mode

have fun waiting, i'm guessing its gonna come out around the time the jersey code comes out

on the other hand check this vid out, 1st hit looks like a real painful injury :blink: character looks like he wasnt even hurt, last one's just funny

and prevent teammates from reaching Legend status.

Yea but I'll still play with you anyway :P

Whats the fastest way to gain more xp points for the online be a pro? I just started playing and surprise surprise.. im getting smoked. Any tips would be appreciated!

Whats the fastest way to gain more xp points for the online be a pro? I just started playing and surprise surprise.. im getting smoked. Any tips would be appreciated!

First off, create your guy as a two way forward. you get the best balance of points to use. good players online all do this - even people who strictly play D in the EASHL are two-way forward player types.

next, you can either be a lame-o and buy the points and packs via xbox points or do it the old fashion way and play games. you get substantial points after landmarks of 30, 50, 100 etc games played. keep in mind, you don't have to play in the EASHL to accumulate games played. the new drop in games feature counts toward games played.

Lastly, playing solo offline with your player will NOT help your be a pro player. your attributes and ratings may say one thing, but it won't mean a thing online.

roster update coming this week. 500 NHL, AHL, and CHL players to be added.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3389539.page

Thanks for everyone's patience as Gurn and the roster team work hard to get in a ton of new changes to many league rosters. Here's a quick note from producer Gurn Sumal:

Next week the 1st roster update will come out (exact day is still tbd due to the number of changes). The update itself will be massive as it will include updates to 3 European leagues the NLA, SM-Liga and the Eliteserien. On top of that, all of the CHL (Over 500 new players, including Jared Tinordi and Louis Leblanc) will be updated along with the NHL and the AHL.

We would have liked to have had this update out sooner but due to the number changes and the number of leagues affected, we’ve been working through the various player licensing issues that need to be taken into account when doing a roster update.

(posted 10/22)

I still wish they'd bring back the KHL for the european leagues.

Rosters coming out "this week" according to official EA forums.

BTW, anyone else getting sick of the broadcast team? EA has used the same guys for what seams like a decade.

Rosters coming out "this week" according to official EA forums.

BTW, anyone else getting sick of the broadcast team? EA has used the same guys for what seams like a decade.

.....never thought i'd say this, but i do kind of miss Jim Hughson.

Got the game a couple weeks ago, just started playing online a couple days ago.

I've done the requirements for certain boost slots, but they're not unlocked. Such as get drafted 2nd round or higher, and win a game online in EASHL.

Sucks playing against people who obviously either paid for a ton of boost packs or slots and have several hundred goals.

Played a few games of pickup today. People are puck hogs, and most of the puck hogs call for the puck when they've got 3 guys on them in the neutral zone. I've decided to just play D so my team has a fighting chance since I usually end up chasing my own D on the rush if I'm a forward.

Just like real drop in, except I can't play D for shit in real life.

My guy is 6'9", 230lbs, a 2-way forward with hitting, speed, stick check and passing as high as I can get them.

Got the game a couple weeks ago, just started playing online a couple days ago.

I've done the requirements for certain boost slots, but they're not unlocked. Such as get drafted 2nd round or higher, and win a game online in EASHL.

Sucks playing against people who obviously either paid for a ton of boost packs or slots and have several hundred goals.

Played a few games of pickup today. People are puck hogs, and most of the puck hogs call for the puck when they've got 3 guys on them in the neutral zone. I've decided to just play D so my team has a fighting chance since I usually end up chasing my own D on the rush if I'm a forward.

Just like real drop in, except I can't play D for shit in real life.

My guy is 6'9", 230lbs, a 2-way forward with hitting, speed, stick check and passing as high as I can get them.

if you make your guy smaller and lighter, you'll notice a big difference in your agility and speed.

Had my first reviewed goal tonight. At least their reviews are more accurate than Madden's.

I've had three since I've been playing NHL 11. All of them ended up being good goals. Anyone ever have one disallowed?

I had totally forgot it was a feature since it'd never happened. It didn't even come close to my foot and that's why it was reviewed. After years of getting jobbed on Madden reviews, I figured this would be waved off.

I generally just play seasons and in about 15 games in, I'm still getting about a fourth of the PP chances the CPU gets. I rarely bother with the hip check button so maybe that's my problem, but I get boarding calls when players are against the boards and I hit them from the side.