Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoWings85

Tacki-Mac grips

I just got my sand grip in this afternoon. They are definitely thin, so I doubt there will be any problems. I also cut the majority of the knob off with a razor.

Mine look exactly like yours. Like the sand grips because they are super grippy and very thin. I also like cutting down the knob.

I've been using the sand for years now. Feels great and saves the palms of my gloves. Can't imagine anything better.

Loved the Kane grip, except I really missed the knob more than I thought I might. I ended up putting a 1/2 width knob using real tape over it. I don't think I'm going to even try the wrapped, unless it has ribs (and I dont want the ribbed, because its too thick). All I want is the Kane grip with a knob, damn it! haha

Loved the Kane grip, except I really missed the knob more than I thought I might. I ended up putting a 1/2 width knob using real tape over it. I don't think I'm going to even try the wrapped, unless it has ribs (and I dont want the ribbed, because its too thick). All I want is the Kane grip with a knob, damn it! haha

Roll the end of the grip down, wrap the end of the stick with tape to the desired thickness and then role the grip over top of the tape. This way your gloves do not come in contact with tape at all and you get a knob.

Hard to tell from the pic but looks like the same thickness as the wrapped but with maybe a slightly thinner butt end (if at all), the only real difference is the butt end is longer.

Ehhh, I like my Kane grips more. I personally dont like knobs. Does anyone know if Tacki Mac will build you a custom grip for an upcharge?

I tried putting one of these grips on years ago but it took forever for the glue to dry so I just ended up taking it off. To much soap? How long till the glue sets? Would it be better with the hairspray? Will I need less if the stick is a grip to start with?

I tried putting one of these grips on years ago but it took forever for the glue to dry so I just ended up taking it off. To much soap? How long till the glue sets? Would it be better with the hairspray? Will I need less if the stick is a grip to start with?

I find hairspray to be much easier than the tape. Plus you can re-use the grip.

So I just ordered one to try out from HM. I've read you should use the adhesive and run water over it, but this one comes with a solution included. And now I am reading about using hairspray. Is there any general consensus on which way is better, or is it just a matter of preference?

Hairspray.

If u use hairspray and let it set, it will stay in place until you physically remove it.

Gonna sound really stupid, but put hairspray on the adhesive tape,or just on the shaft, put grip over, and let set (no adhesive tape)

Roll the end of the grip down, wrap the end of the stick with tape to the desired thickness and then role the grip over top of the tape. This way your gloves do not come in contact with tape at all and you get a knob.

Great suggestion! Thanks!

So I just ordered one to try out from HM. I've read you should use the adhesive and run water over it, but this one comes with a solution included. And now I am reading about using hairspray. Is there any general consensus on which way is better, or is it just a matter of preference?

I never used old ones that used adhesive and water, or whatever. I just use the solution that comes with it. Works great. Haven't tried the hairspray idea, but haven't really had a reason to yet.

Tried it. Looks kinda funny, but absolutely accomplishes the goal (the black grip is Tacki-Mac, the white is normal tape...obviously... just showing how I normally do my grips).

ypjgk.jpg

Tacki-Mac: Please make a grip exactly like Kane but with a half-width knob!

Sorry to revive this one again, but:

I originally had my grip on a stick, adhered with the included double-sided tape (used the hot soapy water trick to put it on).

Then I put the grip onto another stick, using hairspray (tresemme freeze and control ultra hold) (my wife's, not mine). Midway through the first period of the first game it started sliding off.

Anyways, the stick is a TPR Response Lite with grip.

Any good hairspray that I should try? or should I go back to getting some double-sided tape?

And, I use the grip with a wood butt-end in order to help balance out the stick.

I originally had my grip on a stick, adhered with the included double-sided tape (used the hot soapy water trick to put it on).

Then I put the grip onto another stick, using hairspray (tresemme freeze and control ultra hold) (my wife's, not mine). Midway through the first period of the first game it started sliding off.

Any good hairspray that I should try? or should I go back to getting some double-sided tape?

And, I use the grip with a wood butt-end in order to help balance out the stick.

Did you let it dry for several hours before using it or did you apply the hairspray and play almost right away? I've applied mine with hairspray, left it at least a day and haven't had any issues with them sliding off.

Hot soapy water? I haven't heard that one before. I find the adhesive they include in the package along with the double sided tape has worked perfectly. Never had a grip come off. Works so well, I've had to cut them off to change them (for trying various styles). At only $5, it wasnt worth the time trying to remove it.

I haven't tried with hairspray.. I guess I didn't see a reason to.

Did you let it try for several hours before using it or did you apply the hairspray and play almost right away? I've applied mine with hairspray, left it at least a day and haven't had any issues with them sliding off.

I let it dry for 24+ hours. It seemed to be good during warmups, but it started sliding off during my 2nd shift of the game. I wanted to say it started sliding off like a certain birth control device (that was my initial thought as I was getting ready to pass), but...

When you did it, how much hairspray did you put on?

Maybe I overstretched the grip when I took it off the first stick; it was really stuck on to the double-sided tape on that one.

So after reading these posts I bought another grip thingy and put it on with the hairspray. It worked really well. Not sure if there is a huge difference between tape and the new rubber but I like the way it looks. Looks really sharp. I think I will stay with the new grip.

It seems like tape is on the way out when it comes to hockey. The tape on the hockey blade is going to be the last thing to change.

I couldn't get the old grip to adhere to the grip stick using hairspray, so I put on a new grip using the double-sided tape that was included. So I guess that not all hairspray will work on all sticks.

I've run into problems with the tackimacs slipping off with concave shafts, it didn't seem to stick as well so i put a piece of tape under the tackimac on both sides of the stick and it has held in place since.