Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EBondo

The "people you may have heard about but probably didn't" death thread.

Being a catcher in little league when the mets won the world series, Carter was huge to me. About ten years ago, I got the chance to meet him when he was at the little league world series with one of the corporate partners. Sometimes you're just better off not meeting the people you grow up revering.

Was it a bad expereince....? Everything I've heard in the last few days from everyone (people who playded with him and callers to Sports talk shows) have had nothing but good things to say about him.

Was it a bad expereince....? Everything I've heard in the last few days from everyone (people who playded with him and callers to Sports talk shows) have had nothing but good things to say about him.

When he was signing autographs, he was the nicest guy you could ever meet. Any other time during his stay in town, not so much. I believe he was doing color for the Expos at that time and had stirred up some controversy with comments that he had made. It's not like he was the worst person I ever met, that was easily Kirby Puckett.

When he was signing autographs, he was the nicest guy you could ever meet. Any other time during his stay in town, not so much. I believe he was doing color for the Expos at that time and had stirred up some controversy with comments that he had made. It's not like he was the worst person I ever met, that was easily Kirby Puckett.

Unfortunately, I have heard the same thing said about both of those players, from others who had met them.

Davey Jones from the Monkees. 66 years old. He had a Heart Attack this morning.

Damn, seemed like a nice guy when I met him. He was doing some work in the recording studio a friend owned a long time ago. I know he lived in the area for a while.

Well, I think it was before you were born. I, however, heard it a zillion times on the radio when it came out. I've even got his solo 45 "What Are We Going to Do" in my 45 collection buried in the basement.

RIP to Dick Clark, for sure, but I don't get why I'm seeing so many shocked people over it...he's been on borrowed time since 2004 if you ask me...still will be weird to not see him on NYE.

RIP to Dick Clark, for sure, but I don't get why I'm seeing so many shocked people over it...he's been on borrowed time since 2004 if you ask me...still will be weird to not see him on NYE.

I figure if Tupac can rap with Snoop....they can find away to have DC at NYE!

(Language NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgrce1VflI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgrce1VflI

I figure if Tupac can rap with Snoop....they can find away to have DC at NYE!

(Language NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgrce1VflI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgrce1VflI

I've watched this seven or eight times, and still gives me chills the way it did the first time. Crazy. I wonder how many people in the crowd actually thought "HOLY S... IT'S PAC!!!!" due to WHATEVER substances were being passed around lol

He also played mandolin at times. The Band is one of my all-time favorites, and that means something, coming from someone who grew up with the music of the 60s and 70s. His book on the group was very interesting, and included times with Ronnie Hawkins and Bob Dylan. The last time I saw him The Band was playing Summerfest in Milwaukee ('91?), with Billy Preston sitting in on keyboards. We missed Manuel and his high harmonies, but they still sounded pretty damn good. Afterward, I went to the next stage for Roger McGuinn. All in all, a fun evening.