Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

I looked it up after I posted the question. When I saw that they had guys called up to the IHL I got a pretty good idea.

Harrow Sports is now the official equipment supplier to the All American Hockey League (AAHL) for the 2010-2011 season.

http://harrowsportsblog.blogspot.com/2010/...-with-aahl.html

Let's hope they celebrate w/ a new 50% off code, lol...

They are celebrating, but only with 25%.

From their Facebook page...

"We're super stoked about our new partnership with the AAHL! Thanks to our fan who suggested a celebration was in order, start your weekend off right with 25% off all hockey equipment. Just enter the code AAHLSWEET at checkout. But act fast, this code is only good through midnight MST on Sunday."

I emailed them and they said that no 50% promotion is gonna come around again. Whether its true or not, I don't know. Anyways, I just ordered a #4 pattern blade for 30 bucks..

Well it makes sense, they got the product in a lot of people's hands. I'd personally always use their blades going forward, not sure about the shafts or not at $100, but we'll see how my One95 OPS experiment goes.

They've pretty much killed any chance of getting a dealer to carry their product at this point.

To me they perform as well as a high end stick, they just weigh a little more. But the puck feel is great and balance is pretty good.

The blades are nice, although they're not the lightest if you're concerned about that. The feel is pretty good on them, but not as good as my '10 Easton ST for a reference. I wouldn't pay full price for one of the shafts again, but they're OK for the $50 price. To me they feel stiffer than what they're rated as, but I prefer something with a little higher kickpoint to really feel the stick load.

Put my harrow #4 blade in a dolomite shaft and played my first game the other day with the set-up. Stick handling and passing feels great with the blade. I came from a gagne heel curve so it took some time to get used to the new curve, but I managed to score a goal top shelf so overall I'm happy with the performance.

Recently switched to a RBK 8k blade and put my Harrow blade in an older shaft as a backup. I picked up the backup today. Oh man, it feels like I'm picking up a tree trunk. lol. I know the 8k is like a 30 - 40 dollar price jump so the weight difference is a given but I wont be going back to Harrow anytime soon.

I have a Bauer one95 blade and shaft. Also have a matte finish white harrow. Bauer is cut to around 85 and Harrow is around 87. The Harrow is shaft heavy, I really liked the feel when I got it. I would have ordered another one but the deal went away. I never used the one95 ops but the puck feel is nice. It is whippy, more then the Harrow ,which feels stiffer. Bauer is blade heavy but feels pretty balanced. With the deal not being around I would go with the one95. Its around the same price and that is what I would go with. Both feel good but its night and day with the Bauer being more blade heavy but being balanced, compared to the Harrows shaft heavy. I did like the Harrow a lot but now that I noticed the shaft heavy compared to the Bauer it turns me away from using it , two different feels.

Got the 60 flex and #3 (Drury) curve in yesterday...

Perfect height for me. Just above the nose in bare feet with no cutting. That's about 1/2" shorter than my game stick, which felt a bit long last time I used it.

It is whippy for sure. My 75 flex (cut down 5" to 100 flex which is obviously not accurate) I can only flex just a little and it feels just a bit stiff. The 60 flex feels a bit whippy, so hopefully it doesn't break in too much.

The #3 curve is identical to the Drury. I've been using a wood Drury blade so I'm excited to go back to a stiffer composite version. Should make for a bit harder shot.

Worst case scenario, I put the #3 blade into the 75 flex and my 60 flex is a backup...but I also have a couple more sticks coming in the mail.

As usual, quick shipping, everything looks great, and the white shaft with black/red highlights is GORGEOUS.

I emailed them and they said that no 50% promotion is gonna come around again. Whether its true or not, I don't know. Anyways, I just ordered a #4 pattern blade for 30 bucks..

No 50% off again my ass! There goes another $90 bucks...