Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

I have two shafts it might go in and a senior dolo is one of them. Thanks for the info. Did you heat the shaft really good to get the shaft to expand a bit?

Yep, i heated the shaft pretty good. Its a tight fit but it works. You don't need to file off anything. :)

My harrow blades were tight fits in my Dolos but with a good amount of force, they do go in and come out. Just make sure you heat up the shaft and glue on blade sufficiently. As tough as it might seem to install them normally, my trouble came when my blade snapped at the hosel and the blade insert was still stuck in the shaft. I used locking vise grips and a lot of cursing to get it out.

-L

My harrow blades were tight fits in my Dolos but with a good amount of force, they do go in and come out. Just make sure you heat up the shaft and glue on blade sufficiently. As tough as it might seem to install them normally, my trouble came when my blade snapped at the hosel and the blade insert was still stuck in the shaft. I used locking vise grips and a lot of cursing to get it out.

-L

Same here. I put a blade into a ST shaft and it was a mother****er to get in. I know, that's what she said. :lol: The blade snapped where the curve description is on the blade right on the hosel and I ended up reheating the shaft to loosen the glue and yanked it out.

Jarick do you perfer the GS over the glossy finish, I have the white and black 300 like yours but it is a matte finsh. The matte allows me to move my hands fast and easy but also good grip on shots. I want to order another one so I can have another nice setup. I'm sort of in the middle though and haven't decided. Just wanted to know your thoughts of the two ,pros and cons if any?

I have a question for those using Harrow. I bought two shafts and two #3 blades. I then added a #7 blade and got it into one of the shafts. The blade 'stem' is taller, thus making the stick about two inches taller than my other stick (shaft and #3 blade). Given the longer stem it also feels like less flex. I assumed the sticks would be the same height. Is this normal? I do like Harrow a great deal.

Canesrun, I had to call to see if they could put my name on the stick which was no problem, and I also wanted to know if they will be sending the blade already installed with the shaft which was not a big deal but they sent it to me already put together. Which I really can't help with your question but I know I got a 75 flex and I think and so do other people that the shafts come a little longer then other brands. I'm happy I did order a 75 because I ended up cutting it down around 89. So I not sure about the stem but the shafts are a little longer.

If you read earlier in the thread, I noticed it as well, I think the longer ones are the newer stock blades.

Can someone describe(?) me the Matte Rubber finish, is similar to the finish in the sherwood momentum TXD?

And to find something similar to the ultralite is box or concave?

Thanks

The matte finish is smooth, not slick, and not sticky. It is similar to a Mission Fuel stick. Maybe about the same feel as fine sanded wood. The box shaft should be closer to the Ultralite.

kklinder so you like the ops 300 stick, I have the white 300 shaft,concave,matte ,with pattern #5 blade, I really want to get another shaft in the glossy but am interested in trying the ops, can you feel the anti vibration ? how is the puck feel?, I am thinking either getting a S19 for $150 at a pro stock shop or ordering another shaft blade setup and an ops, what other sticks have you used?

Received my Harrow blade yesterday. Haven't been able to use it yet, but I was amazed how thin the walls of the tenon were. If they're structurally sound, that's a pretty good weight reduction right there.

No I'm super broke right now so I'm going to wait a few weeks. They have the length listed on their website, so if you check that out and do the math with the measurements listed earlier in the thread (I'm lazy) you should know.

The "anti vibration"...I'm not sure what that is. I know on the Youtube video they show a literal piece of rubber that goes in the shaft, but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting that. I can tell you the puck feel on this stick is the best I've tried. I didn't own the One95 for that long, but it seems at least as good, or in the ballpark. It's my assumption that the puck feel is so good because the blades are well constructed, but the shaft walls also seem thicker than your average stick, which would also help tame vibrations and improve puck feel.

Dunno guys, I broke a blade relatively after getting it, then broke another blade even quicker than the first one.

Both blades broke in different blades so I'm hoping these are isolated incidents. It's a shame, I really like this stick...

Bought a blade to try out. The feel is incredible. I thought it would feel kind of low end because of the price tag but I generally like the feel better than my se16, which is always kind of felt too light and "pingy" to me. Gonna get a shaft pretty soon too. It is a little heavy I guess, but it's well worth the 20 dollar tag for any beer leaguers out there.

Busted out my 300GS for the first time in a bit last night, caught a sweet slash that took a nice chunk out of the top of the blade. I'm going to go to full tape on it and see how long it lasts.

I had one break on a one timer...They were nice enough to send a warranty replacement however (still waiting on that).

Has anyone else noticed that the shafts seem to lose their "pop" after the first few icetimes?

Zach

Mine broke in a bit but both are way too stiff after cutting down. Maybe try going up in flex?

Some things for someone considering the Intermediate 300 shaft: At ice time tonight I had someone much more experienced/knowledgeable than myself flex mine and he said it feels more like ~70-75 as opposed to the 60 that it's marked as (the shaft is uncut)

Also the shaft dimensions don't feel nearly as skinny as the intermediate One95 shaft.

So if you're a shorter player and the senior is too stiff when cut to your liking then the intermediate is probably a pretty safe bet.