Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

On the harrow website (www.harrowsports.com) they have a one piece, and a shaft you can customize.

It got me intrested in trying one, but has anybody used one?? if i do try them im going to get the 2 piece. I thought it was pritty cool you could customize a shaft, not a full stick. thanks for all feed back. (and pattern 4 is a toe curve!)

I have one. I have used a dolomite shaft, a tps r10 ops, tps response armor control, and a mission flyweight.

I liked all of the other sticks/shafts better. It may be because the harrow was a little too stiff for me, but my r10 is the same flex.

I don't use it at all. I just feel like it doesn't perform as well as the others. I only paid 45 for it though.

I have one. I have used a dolomite shaft, a tps r10 ops, tps response armor control, and a mission flyweight.

I liked all of the other sticks/shafts better. It may be because the harrow was a little too stiff for me, but my r10 is the same flex.

I don't use it at all. I just feel like it doesn't perform as well as the others. I only paid 45 for it though.

i mite be wrong but arnt harrow sticks longer? so if you got the same flex and if you cut your sticks down it would be stiffer but i dont know if you cut your sticks down or not. sorry if im wrong

I got one about a month ago through work. Used it a bit, can't complain as it was free but it definitely isn't a high end one piece. Come to think of it I don't think I really took many shots with it, I'll have to give it another go. As for length it isn't longer then my s17, and its about an inch shorter than my one95 (which is prostock and possibly longer than stock)

I've got a Harrow #4 blade, and I like it a lot. I was pretty surprised with it, as the main reason I got it was it was cheap on eBay. It's not actually a toe curve though, it's more like a regular mid-curve if you ask me. I don't know the exact weight, but it's not the lightest blade out there. I'd say my Dolomite blade was lighter, but my XXXX blade might be a tad heavier. It has really good feel though, and it's nice and stiff. The feel on it is way better than my XXXX blade in my other shaft. Don't know anything about their shafts though.

Here's a pic of the #4 curve I've got.

FILE0273.jpg

I've got a Harrow #4 blade, and I like it a lot. I was pretty surprised with it, as the main reason I got it was it was cheap on eBay. It's not actually a toe curve though, it's more like a regular mid-curve if you ask me. I don't know the exact weight, but it's not the lightest blade out there. I'd say my Dolomite blade was lighter, but my XXXX blade might be a tad heavier. It has really good feel though, and it's nice and stiff. The feel on it is way better than my XXXX blade in my other shaft. Don't know anything about their shafts though.

Here's a pic of the #4 curve I've got.

that explains it at least...i found it funny how the site compared the "toe curve" to the rbk datsyuk

I used to use the old Harrow V3 shafts and i still use a grip one as my backup. I find them to be really durable and i love the feel of them. But those are the older model i know they have a the Infiniti shafts now but i never tried one

another bump...

Trying to find something that resembles the matte finish of the U+ CL...

anyone have experience with the Matte-Rubber finish on the Harrow shafts?

Here is what I wrote in the good deal thread.

I got a shaft and blades at the last 50% off.

The blades are fine for me (usually use wood blades). However I do not like the shaft at all. I got a box shaped one and wish I would have gone concave, the box shape is really boxy. More than that though, shooting just doesn't feel right. It's like all the vibration goes right through the stick. The closest I can equate it too is hitting a ball wrong with an aluminum bat. Take into account I'm somewhat a newbie to the game, so my shot is not strong or very good form. Maybe it's me more than the stick, but I have never noticed this off feeling before from woodies, easton shafts or my bauer shaft.

I do like the matte grip finish though, kind of grippy but not that sticky feeling.

(just my experience, not here to bash a company)

I would like to hear some people thoughts on the concave shafts.

I do like the blades and I am considering getting more of those.

I've got a shaft-blade coming in today...it's the grip shift (matte on top and grip on the bottom). Friend of mine has a shaft-blade combo and he says it's not the highest performance, but the puck feels is amazing and his shots seem harder after picking it up (could be a stiffer flex though). All I know is I could shoot backhanders with that stick bar down from the blue line really well because it's the wrong hand :lol:

Oh for anyone who has any questions on it, it'll be a 75 flex concave grip shift with the #4.

I have a 300 OPS with #5 pattern coming in today. Gonna be able to try it out tonight. I'll post an update on the thing tomorrow...

Edit - Just showed up. Good thing I didn't pay extra for my name to get put on there. Guess someone with a Brother P-touch label maker hangs out in the warehouse all day... :lol: Other than that, looks nice, feels nice. Definitely a little blade heavy. Can't wait to try her out!

Going from memory, hosel is about the same as SE16, maybe a bit longer. It's shorter than Dolomite, that's for sure. The tenon is very long though.

what's the hosel then?

I thought they were the same thing haha

Hosel is the part between the blade and the tenon.

I got a shaft & some blades during the 50% off promotion, finally tried it out a couple weeks ago. I really like it, it's blade heavy, but I'm loving the puck feel.

what kind of shaft did you get? (concave of box)

If i tried harrow again I would go concave and 75 flex (because they are long shafts). Part of my problem may be I left my 85 flex shaft too long, because I don't really want it to be 110 flex when I cut it.