Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KABAROV

Stupidest off ice injury...?

Not to me and not even to a teammate, but too unique not to post. I once had a game canceled in a beer league because the opponent's goalie had been drinking and was indelicate in zipping up his pants after a trip to the urinal. Apparently he remove a fair amount of skin and was in no shape to play.

OUCH!

I'd rather have the broken foot any day!

Play hockey with a puck running around my house and i shot and slip then i got carpet burn, quite idiotic for a 15 year old to act but oh well scored three goals later at hockey :P

I used to wake skate all the time. Once i was going wake to wake and the board got hit by wind and slamed into my Taint when i hit the water. Long story short it brused my urethra so bad I had to take perscription anti-inflamatorys just to pee it hurt so freaking bad.

I sprained my ankle today in quite the idiotic fashion.

Today I was helping out with Freshman orientation at school today helping Freshman figure out what classes they will be in what their teachers are like etc. Well a few of my buddies and I decide to play hockey on the newly waxed floors in our socks. I slid as fast as I could towards the ball we were using and got it caught under me. It hurt like a mofo.

After reading this thread I have deduced that women are the cause of all male pain.

But goddam you can't resist them can you :lol:

Actually I was goofing around playing soccer with some friends and went to challenge another guy for the ball. We were on opposite sides of the ball and went to kick it at the same time, broke my foot.

Pulled a Kyle Wellwood lol..

The worst I did non hockey was breaking a finger, playing a very tough game of wall ball. Went to pick up the ball and my friend came in full speed and kicked the ball as I was picking it up. Hurt like a mofo.. Was on the ice the next day though and even scored in that game

St Patty Day 08. I left the office at 4:30, got the happy hour spot a few minutes later with about 10 of my coworkers. 3 rounds of carbombs, 5 or 6 more drinks in the next 1.5-2 hours. All is fine. some of us leave to go grab food. About a block or 2 from the bar i trip in the middle of Park Ave. and bust my right front tooth in half and chip my left. My face got scuffed up a bit. I didn't even realize it. I bounced right back up. Only to realize I was bleeding and everyone was laughing at me. I told people I got hit by a stick. Little did they know.

this will probably sound really retarded, but i sliced my hand open pretty badly cutting a bagel...

also when i was 4, i was playing with matches which we all know can be disastrous. lit a match, watched the flame till it hit my finger, dropped it on the sofa...

burned the entire living room with all the furniture in it, i was in the hospital for quite some time as i was told (dont really remember). have a scar on my left calf muscle only from the burn surprisingly (the entire calf muscle) it looks like see through skin and doesnt have very much feeling to it...

also, in science class, i was rocking back and forth on one of the stools, foot got stuck in something under the desk, fell backwards, head hit the other desk. i wasnt moving for a good 2 minutes then got up and brushed it off and had a headache for a week. i also now i have a bonelike bump on the back of my head...really weird. its sort of a protrusion. right dead center in the back of my head.

I was flying into La Guardia last week and was out of my seat when we hit a little turbulence and I cracked my head on the cabin wall. Since then I have had some pretty serious post-concussion syndrome symptoms. I can't get through ten minutes of walking without getting lightheaded and sick to my stomach.

just today i was tying my skates for sticks and pucks. i was sitting right in front of the door that was wide open ( dumb, ik) and a rogue puck hit me in the forehead. left me with 7 stiches and a badly bruised nose

Well this is still hockey but it's off ice. Playing floor hockey at lunch, an everyday ritual now for me and my friends(even though were all mostly 14-16 haha), I get high sticked in the lip, and it went deep so I had to go get 4 stitches in my mouth...next day was real fun. Told a girl who wasn't there the day before what happened she laughs and tells me I look like a retarded duck...

While this didn't happen to me, I had to share it. Back when I was in high school playing Midget, our best defensemen was driving around town with his parents and one of our teammates. As they got home, he had his arm hanging out of the window when they pulled into the driveway. Well, dip shit grabs a tree branch and somehow gets stuck and SNAP, there when his elbow. I'll never forget that, he never lived it down either...

While this didn't happen to me, I had to share it. Back when I was in high school playing Midget, our best defensemen was driving around town with his parents and one of our teammates. As they got home, he had his arm hanging out of the window when they pulled into the driveway. Well, dip shit grabs a tree branch and somehow gets stuck and SNAP, there when his elbow. I'll never forget that, he never lived it down either...

This very thought always flashes through my head briefly whenever I stick my arm out the window out of a moving car.

My story is a little more severe. Back when I had my street bike at the ripe ol' age of 20 (I am now 25), me and three friends went for a cruise to this long stretch of road out in the middle of nowhere to watch people stunt. The three of us were standing on the side of the road slightly beyond a group of about 30 or so people watching...the next thing I remember is waking up on the side of the road with this people standing over me saying "don't move buddy, the paramedics are on the way." I'm thinking to myself "for what?" Then I happen to notice my left shoe at my hip allowing me to read the bottom of my shoe perfectly. My foot was still in it. My left leg was hanging on by the skin and muscle about 4" above my ankle. The guy, who was 40 years old by the way, lost control of a wheelie and (I'm assuming) laid it down into me. I was thrown 26 feet and snapped my tib/fib like a twig. I was air lifted to Hershey Medical Center in PA where they managed to reattach my leg. I had 4 surgeries in 3 days including a bone, skin, and muscle graft. I now have a titanium rod and 4 screws in my leg. It doesn't look pretty, but I have 99% use of my leg. Going into the hospital all I could think about was how I was going to live without a foot, but I had what I consider, the best surgeon in the world and I am extremely thankful. This happened in May of 2006 and I was snowboarding by November 21st. I was told snowboarding was completely out of the question for that winter. You just never know what each day can bring and I have a completely different outlook on life now. I've learned to just enjoy it and don't take anything for granted.

doesnt really have to do with hockey but a guy i work with tore his acl and mcl playing beer pong haha, it was the first game of beer pong and hadnt drank more than 2 cups and just ate it, couldnt come back to work for 6 months

Cut my finger with a mitter saw. Out of commission for 10 weeks.

The thing is, I cut my finter lifting the piece of wood off the mitter saw while for some reason the motor barke failed to kick in and stop the blade. It cut parts of the top through my fingernail, then it twisted my finger and cut it deep enought that the end of my finger was hanging by a bit of meat and flesh. My finger tip looked like ground beef. Also nicked to tip of the bone. It is still painful to this day, 14 weeks later if I apply too much pressure on the scar. Still don't have full range of motion with it either.

Epididymies, I had a tennis ball sized testical. Felt like a vice on my balls that wouldn't let up. The worse was when the doctor had to examine me. The first time he touched me, I practially jumped of the table, worst 2 minutes of my life, Sweating like a hostage, tears streaming down my face. To top everything off was me walking into the ED.

ME: "Hi I have a problem and need to see someone"

THREE (not 1 or 2) Legit Hot Nurses: "Ok well can you describe the problem"

ME: "YES"

THEM (After I don't say anything else)" ... Sooo? what is it?"

ME: *gulp* "My right testical is the size of an apple."

I'll tell you what though, you go into the ED with a ball the size of a planet and you don't sit long.

I was walking by my washer and dryer and caught my pinkie to on the edge of the washer and bet it all the way back 180 degrees, breaking it in three places. Two fractures and a butterfly fracture. I swear I wasn't drinking. Ok, maybe I was drinking, but I wasn't drunk. Ok, maybe I was a little drunk, but I waited till I sobered up to drive to the hospital for X-Rays.

Couple years ago, cut finger on skate sharpener, out of hockey for a month (happened in Jan.). Then literally two weeks ago going to watch hockey, I tripped on stairs, lost my sandal, and took a chunk of skin off my toe. I played Sunday so I only missed a weekish. Still pretty retarded by me.

Drunken horseback riding. Tried jumping a log but my judgement of time and space was quite a bit off. The horse went one way, I went the other, and I ended up with an L1 compression fracture.

In college I had to take a physical education class. The only one left open one semester was Badminton. One day I showed up to class late and didn't get a good warmup in. In my first match I come to spike the bird and partially dislocated my shoulder. I didn't go to the doctor, but I did miss one week's worth of hockey for good measure. My shoulder joint was sore for a while, and certain sudden arm movements would cause severe pain. Since then I make a point to warm up the best I can before any hockey game (or any sport of that matter).

Charles

My buddy and teammate played both soccer and hockey. He hurt his knee playing soccer and stayed off for a week or so. Played again and tore it up so bad that he needed surgery. He's been off ice for about 4 months now and can't even lace up until March or so. He was able to walk slightly before surgery but post surgery he couldn't walk or drive for about a month.

Not really an injury but technically off-ice, often when I jump on the bench after a shift I pull my groin, ahah. Nothing too serious tho. But I think the stupidest off-ice injury goes to Joe Sakic. Remember 'the snow-blowing incident'? Such a stupid incident basically ended (or at least, it certainly didn't help) his legendary career. I'm surprised it has not been mentioned yet