Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

Richards tried to drill Eaton in the head in the first period but mostly got body. So much for not being that kind of guy.

Flyers look better overall tonight. They are winning some races to loose pucks and are moving their feet better overall. Hartnell has made some really bad passes and has been standing around in the offensive zone a lot waiting for someone to get him the puck.

Richards tried to drill Eaton in the head in the first period but mostly got body. So much for not being that kind of guy.

I thought I saw that too, but it kind of got lost in the shuffle. He also went a bit low on Letang late in the game.

I understand some guys get preferential treatment, but it annoys me to no end when people don't acknowledge things like this. Richards ran Fleury in the first game, then the booth hit, and then intentionally getting the arms up on Eaton and going low on Letang, I really wish someone would drop him.

Ovechkin may be wreckless, but Richards is anything but. Everything he does very much has a purpose.

Well I'm pretty sure we saw it coming. McCabe vs. Richards in the 2nd fight of the game. Richards with a right to end the fight, decision - Richards.

Well I'm pretty sure we saw it coming. McCabe vs. Richards in the 2nd fight of the game. Richards with a right to end the fight, decision - Richards.

McCabe lost his balance, didn't look like anyone landed a punch.

This team is a joke. I am literally at a loss of words when I try to explain how a team with this much talent can suck so badly.

If this kind of play continues into the winter road trip, I think it's safe to say the season is lost.

That last one Richards threw as they were falling looked like it landed right on the side of the head

Landing a punch as you both fall down isn't enough to "win" a fight.

This team is a joke. I am literally at a loss of words when I try to explain how a team with this much talent can suck so badly.

If this kind of play continues into the winter road trip, I think it's safe to say the season is lost.

Hartnell taking that penalty to end the powerplay killed whatever momentum they had. Carcillo has done a good job of playing with self control, Hartnell has not figured out how to play hard without being stupid.

Eh....I give up. There is nothing more I can say about this team...however Chadd I do agree with you on Carcillo. He's surprised me ever since he came back from his suspension.

Part dirty, part Vokoun having his stick in the air. I think he'll always have that kind of play in him one way or another, but I'm going to say under on the next suspension for him, only because he's black-balled by the NHL already.

Wow, they won. Didn't get to see the whole thing but it felt good to watch them win. And put a 5-spot on the scoreboard as well.

Wow, they won. Didn't get to see the whole thing but it felt good to watch them win. And put a 5-spot on the scoreboard as well.

Tampa has won 3 of 11 games this month. While it was good that the Flyers won, it's not like they beat a playoff team. Hopefully they can enjoy the good vibes over the holiday break and get on a roll heading into the new year.

It helps, when you're second-from-last in points in the entire league, any win seems like a big one. They play Carolina on Saturday, the only team worse than the Flyers so we'll see.

that stevens firing isnt looking too good. I wonder if they get rid of laviolette before the season is up too?

what is wrong with this team...is it just goaltending? or is it something else?

that stevens firing isnt looking too good. I wonder if they get rid of laviolette before the season is up too?

what is wrong with this team...is it just goaltending? or is it something else?

One regulation loss in the last six games and you're down on them again?

They probably should have started Boucher today but I don't think Laviolette has any confidence in him. When you have to decide between Michael Leighton, Ray Emery and Brian Boucher, it's not really a coach's wet dream. The skaters are figuring out the system, they certainly have players that will work in the new system.

On a side note, Richards problem with his sticks, and his comments afterward were interesting. He didn't have a new backup stick taped and ready to go when his stick snapped on the PP. Makes you wonder if he, and others, are worn out from the schedule, not doing the requisite prep work, or just dropped the ball this one time.

Their goaltending has been scary, especially since Emery got hurt. I think that the team has played well in front of Leighton, for the most part. IMO, It has made him look better than he is. The worst team in the NHL put him on waivers before Philly picked him up. I don't have confidence that getting Emery back will fix everything.

Anybody know if Riopel or Backlund are "ready" or good enough to give a shot, at this point?

I'm not really going with the schedule excuses, every team in the NHL has a compacted schedule this season. I'd hate to sound dramatic, but if your Captain can't even have his sticks ready, on top of the season this team is having, it's time for a new Captain. I've never heard of a player not having back-up sticks ready, that's just pathetic.

Not to mention his emo interview about how heavily the Olympic roster selections were weighing on him, distracting him & affecting his play. You have to be kidding me.