Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009-2010 Washington Capitals Thread

Downie averages 13 minutes a game, and is there to be a prick. He was a prick with the phantoms and was suspended for being a dirty player, he was a prick with the flyers and suspended for dirty play.

It does not matter if he is off the ice for 5 minutes as he is hardly on it anyway, it matters if Ovechkin is off.

Ovechkin has faught Mike Richards a couple of times, and no one jumped in, because they are both leaders on their team and both valuable to their team.

Bradley done exactly the right thing by jumping in.

Completely irrelevant trivia but interesting nonetheless..

John Carlson has been recalled for precautionary reasons (Green is a game time decision)

John Carlson has played for 4 teams in 6 cities in the past 2 weeks.

Hershey Bears

Washington Capitals

USA in WJC

AHL All Star Planet USA team

Sooo, these refs might be the worst I've seen in a while. Where are all the calls? Staals blatant trip at the end of the 2nd?? Seriously refs, open your eyes. Both teams are getting away with a lot.

Nice game by the Capital tonight, THN is praising them a fair bit on their site, and they score an awful, awful lot of goals. They could be the highest scoring team we've seen in the last decade at the least.

I expected the Pens to get torched tonight. I thought the Caps were going to be more motivated and just take it to them. Good game except for the outcome. I think the officiating was a little looser than I would have liked, but better than erring the other way.

I expected the Pens to get torched tonight. I thought the Caps were going to be more motivated and just take it to them. Good game except for the outcome. I think the officiating was a little looser than I would have liked, but better than erring the other way.

I think both teams got away with more than either would had if they had been facing off against different opponents.

That's one of my issues with officiating in this league. I should not matter who you play, or how early or late in a game something happens, if it's a penalty, it's a penalty.

Both teams were let off the hook for some questionable shit last night

Nice game by the Capital tonight, THN is praising them a fair bit on their site, and they score an awful, awful lot of goals. They could be the highest scoring team we've seen in the last decade at the least.

the otehr day on sportscenter they said something along the lines of "the capitals score so much tiger woods is jealous" haha had me laughing hard while i was eating my cereal.

The game was great last night. Theodores brainfart gave the Pens some momentum that was lacking early and the game was great through two periods. It was very exciting and I really enjoyed it when the physical play picked up there alittle bit especially around the Orpik hit on Ovechkin and then Knubile on Orpik that ratched up the play a bit.

The officiating I thought was okay, my main thing is if you let them battle in the first, let them battle in the third. That call on Guerin for interference I thought (of course with my bias) wasn't something that should have been called considering everything they let go throughout the game. All in all a bad 5 minute sequence killed the Pens last night, but a post and a bar and we may have had a real highscoring game on our hands. I'm really excited for the game on Sunday, which I believe is in DC right?

Also it seemed like Ovi/Malkin and Ovi/Crosby as far as the battling and jaw jacking never really got off the ground much last night. I kinda missed that :)

Oh last thouht, Semins' dish pass to Fleischmann... :o :o

That Guerin call was a make up call. They hit semin with a hooking or slashing call before it and it was questionable (not that semin hasn't got a well earned rep for taking dumb penalties), but I think the Guerin call was because the ref must have seen the semin penalty on the jumbotron or something and thought he had to correct it.

I thought Poti and Malkin were going to go there too. Malkin came in hard to the net, nothing wrong with it, but then he took a little jab at Theo after the play, and theo made a swing for him (by this stage the play moved back down theice)

Then Poti jumped in and the 2 pretty boys were nose to nose (that is a whole screen full of ugly right there) and jawing, but Malkin realized he was now offside if the play broke back so skated off, which was smart (not in the sense that poti would have taken him but in a value to value rating, I would rather malkin off the ice for 5 with poti than any other pen off the ice for 5)

He was well on his way to returning to NHL action before suffering a knee injury in Hershey. He hasn't started since Dec. 7th and given platoon of Theo and Neuvy, I don't see any reason for him to be rushed back. It could be a few days, or another week or two. To answer your question, no there seems to be no timetable.

Mary Smith from Charm City cakes did an Ovechkin v Crosby cake. For those who don't know, Ace of Cakes is a show on Food Network, based on the bakery Charm City Cakes out of Baltimore.

Duff, the owner is a hockey fan and often appears in a variety of hockey jerseys. They did a caps themed cake for a show before (for a wedding of caps fans).

Obviously being in the DC media market there may be a slight pro-caps bias :D

59050103.jpg

http://rockthered.net/2010/01/26/want/

Holtby got recalled this morning from Hershey......how deep in the system do we plan to go this year for goal tending. Holtby has been pretty amazing in Hershey, but not sure if he's NHL ready.

On a side note, Varlymov is skating with Irbe again.

Holtby got recalled this morning from Hershey......how deep in the system do we plan to go this year for goal tending. Holtby has been pretty amazing in Hershey, but not sure if he's NHL ready.

Holtby looked really good in training camp this year also. I think he may be a hidden gem that will net a decent return as part of a trade, if both Neuvirth and Varlamov develop as planned.

It's hard to say when a goalie is NHL ready, some don't develop until their late 20's, others look good from juniors on up. Holtby has excelled given the opportunity within the organization, I hope he gets a start in his callup, but it does look like it's just a precautionary ride the pine for a game or 2 until Theo is Ok again

Holtby looked really good in training camp this year also. I think he may be a hidden gem that will net a decent return as part of a trade, if both Neuvirth and Varlamov develop as planned.

It's hard to say when a goalie is NHL ready, some don't develop until their late 20's, others look good from juniors on up. Holtby has excelled given the opportunity within the organization, I hope he gets a start in his callup, but it does look like it's just a precautionary ride the pine for a game or 2 until Theo is Ok again

I saw Holtby a couple weeks ago and was impressed by his play and he seems to be a big "team guy". After every goal he came out to the blue line to congratulate the guys after they went down the bench tapping gloves. There were a couple other things that just stood out as being very team oriented.

I saw Holtby a couple weeks ago and was impressed by his play and he seems to be a big "team guy". After every goal he came out to the blue line to congratulate the guys after they went down the bench tapping gloves. There were a couple other things that just stood out as being very team oriented.

I got to see holtby a few times in south carolina and other than a few bad goals i've liked the way he played. wish we could get him back :D

Anyone watch Boudreaus presser after the ducks game

http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?ca...18&id=58517

At the end Nate Ewell (Caps PR guy) says "quick update for the media, there will be an extremely optional practice at kettler tomorrow" (caps just played back to back games)

Boudreau laughs and says "yeah, it'll just be me and Holtby :)

Make it 11 now. Franchise record. And uh oh, the Capitals are getting goaltending from Jose Threeormore. With Varly coming back soon they are really going to battle for that number 1 spot. I wouldn't be suprised to see them stand pat at the deadline. They have allowed 2 or less goals in the last 6 games. Its not just scoring, they are keeping the puck out of their own net too. Oh, and this little tidbit: With Ovechkin and their captain, the Capitals are 14-1.

Pens play in Montreal at 2pm saturday, with what is coming weather wise this weekend, I don't know that the game will be even on.

They might have the roads clear in the main streets, but will they have enough staff to get the place open and ready?

Pens play in Montreal at 2pm saturday, with what is coming weather wise this weekend, I don't know that the game will be even on.

They might have the roads clear in the main streets, but will they have enough staff to get the place open and ready?

If they can get the charter flight to land at DCA, they should be able to get them to the hotel and rink. If they have to land at Dulles, that will be more difficult.