Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009-2010 Washington Capitals Thread

12 in a row. No big deal.

OV with the goal of the year.

I wonder how long this can last? They play ATL on friday, seems like a win to me. Then Pitts on Sunday. What a game that will be. Montreal and Ottawa after that.

hot damn that was an exciting game. don't want to get ahead of myself, but i don't see anyone beating this team 4 out of 7. also, did anyone catch the laser pointer on jose in the last minutes of the game? stay classy rangers fans.

hot damn that was an exciting game. don't want to get ahead of myself, but i don't see anyone beating this team 4 out of 7. also, did anyone catch the laser pointer on jose in the last minutes of the game? stay classy rangers fans.

Video of the laser pointing incident the league is investigating, although I don't know what they can really do about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3aWucrOtIM...layer_embedded#

As far as the playoffs, the Devils have had the caps number this season, and won 3 of 4 (granted 1 was a shooutout which wouldn't factor in the playoffs) and have now added Kovalchuk, so they would still be a concern, but if they haven't peaked too early, and this is simply them playing how they can play, then they should be set for a long run into the playoffs.

If I was a visiting team and it happened to my guy...I'd pull my team off and say "find that fan...kick him out...or this game doesn't continue!" Call it whatever you want...unsafe work environment...whatever. I wouldn't have it if I was the coach.

From Bob McKenzie via twitter

NHL checking out another laser pointer episode. This time, aimed at Jose Theodore, in the final minute of Rangers-Caps. Brutal.

If I was a visiting team and it happened to my guy...I'd pull my team off and say "find that fan...kick him out...or this game doesn't continue!" Call it whatever you want...unsafe work environment...whatever. I wouldn't have it if I was the coach.

It will happen. Mark my words. It would be exactly like pulling your team off the ice if the fans were throwing things at them during play.

The problem is that because ONE asshole can ruin a game this way, it's hard to use forfeiture as a penalty. Let's say they put the onus on the home team to keep lasers out of the building: seemingly good idea, until a visiting fan brings out a laser pointer and shines it on his own goalie's chest for a few seconds to get a forfeit win.

I suspect what you'll see are games being suspended temporarily for a quick search, and home teams fined severely - worse if they can't find the laser and the game has to be stopped and finished later. That will force teams to step up security, and make the simple point that for the majority of the fans in attendance, they're hurting their own team financially to do it.

I would also suspect that some kind of league-wide ban will be put in place for fans who do this, ie. they'll never be let into a game again.

I wonder how long this can last? They play ATL on friday, seems like a win to me. Then Pitts on Sunday. What a game that will be. Montreal and Ottawa after that.

Well, one streak or another has to end there. :)

Unless it ends in Montreal first :P

Unless it ends in Montreal first :P

I hope not. The two longest win streaks since 02-03 head to head? Wow that'd be one hell of a game. That would be Stanley Cup level action.

It is fun to watch right now, but if the game tomorrow is played the caps have to stop with this sleep walking through the first 30 min of each game. The last 4-5 games have been 30 min of "well they are going to loose this one" and then the final 30 min are more of a "I don't think anyone can beat this team" Would like a full 60 min effort against Pit though

The last time I saw a team with this explosive an offence, I was watching the 80s Oilers.

The craziest part is the advances in net. The goalies are bigger, more agile and have refined their skills. They are lightyears ahead of the netminders in the past. It's a great time to be a fan right now.

For shits and giggles, Green = Coffey and Theo = Fuhr, both full right goalies. I won't compare the forwards. Two different solar systems of stars but both with the same results: net full of pucks.

What an insane come back win against the Pens. 14 in a row and counting. These Caps are redonkulous. Seriously, I think this Caps team is better than the '02 Wings. And as a Wings fan, it kills me to say that.

that was an amazing hockey game. really good comeback by washington.

it would have been like deja vu if Crosby had managed to get a hat trick as well.

i wonder how long they can keep this winning streak up.

Awesome game. Exactly as marketed, I'm sure NBC will be trying to do Caps-Pens every week now. Knuble's been a great pick-up for the Caps. Him and Laich are so good in front of the net... although I was secretly hoping that Ovechkin would've had his 4th.

Awesome game. Exactly as marketed, I'm sure NBC will be trying to do Caps-Pens every week now. Knuble's been a great pick-up for the Caps. Him and Laich are so good in front of the net... although I was secretly hoping that Ovechkin would've had his 4th.

Great game for the Caps. Great game in general.

I'm still hanging on to the belief that they're peaking to early, will crumble down the stretch and collapse completely in the playoffs. :D

In reality I feel that a shift in the balance of power in the is East under way.