Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SirJW

Any vegans in the NHL?

Georges Laraque is a vegan now.

Wow since when? He used be at the PopEyes Chicken at the Waterfront when he was in Pittsburgh, he had a condo right around the corner.

I was born and live in Las Vegas so that makes me a Vegan, but there are no guys from Vegas in the NHL yet.....oh wait, you mean guys who don't eat meat...that's ridiculous, why would anyone in thier right mind not eat meat...

I was born and live in Las Vegas so that makes me a Vegan, but there are no guys from Vegas in the NHL yet.....oh wait, you mean guys who don't eat meat...that's ridiculous, why would anyone in thier right mind not eat meat...

It's more than not eating meat. No meat, or animal derived products like milk, cheese, butter. etc.

There are lots of reasons. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that the people who don't eat meat aren't in their right minds.

There are lots of reasons. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that the people who don't eat meat aren't in their right minds.

Exactly, there's no cause and effect here, it's just a coincidence

It's true, if you had to be crazy to be vegan, you'd see more vegan goalies.

It's more than not eating meat. No meat, or animal derived products like milk, cheese, butter. etc.

Why can't you eat animals, animals do?

I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian, but the argument that we are logically and inevitably bound to do things just because other animals do, is downright depressing.

Carl Lewis is vegan, and ate vegan during during his most competetive track years. Troy Polamalu apparently eats vegan on occaision (whatever that means). This is quickly turning away from any sort of hockey related topic, but the argument between whether or no you believe it is a correct decision and whether or not your body can perform at peak levels while not eating meat are two seperate concepts, and it's an unfortunate argument to confuse the two.

"When I grow up, I'm going to go to Bovine University."

We evolved eating meat in fairly limited amounts, according to a former Ph.D biology professor of mine. I for a long time studied up and tried to convince him humans evolved as vegetarians and despite being one himself, he proved me wrong every time.

We evolved eating meat in fairly limited amounts, according to a former Ph.D biology professor of mine. I for a long time studied up and tried to convince him humans evolved as vegetarians and despite being one himself, he proved me wrong every time.

I've read a number of anthropologists believe that the dietary change of early man to include meat from hunting is one of the most important changes in the evolution of modern man.

I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian, but the argument that we are logically and inevitably bound to do things just because other animals do, is downright depressing.

You must be a blast at parties.

Troy Polamalu apparently eats vegan on occaision (whatever that means). This is quickly turning away from any sort of hockey related topic, but the argument between whether or no you believe it is a correct decision and whether or not your body can perform at peak levels while not eating meat are two seperate concepts, and it's an unfortunate argument to confuse the two.

"When I grow up, I'm going to go to Bovine University."

I'm the same. I also eat vegan on occasion. I'll have a salad for lunch once in a while.

Really though, I can understand being a vegetarian. Whether you say you don't eat meat cause you don't like the taste or it's the killing of animals you dislike, thats your choice. But to not eat ANYTHING from an animal is just not natural. Maybe in 2009 vegans can do it because of all the dietary suppliments, but I accually enjoy eating so...

I've stopped eating red meat unless it's prime dry aged 30 days. That means I might have red meat once every 1-2 months. It's only been a year and not a biggie. I eat a lot of fish though. Have started making my own sushi. I definitely feel more healthy.