Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raygunpk

Reebok 11K Skates

It's likely one of two things:

1. You are getting excellent extension and toe snap on your stride

2. You're back on your heels

So, will the same thing happen to any other skates I buy? The reason I ask is because I am planning on getting a new pair of skates and a durable tendon guard is a priority.

My previous skate was a Bauer Supreme 3000 and the tendon guard does not even have a hairline crack.

Thanks

I was actually in a LHS last weekend with my brother and he was looking at getting the RBK 9K skate, on sale for $399.99 CDN. I told him to wait until I did some research on line as to their quality. From what I've gathered there are issues with their durabiliy. The liner separating at the top of the ankle and the tendon guard cracking and breaking off in a matter of several months so I won't be recommending them to him. Thanks for your imput guys. Looks like he'll head back to Bauer or Graf again.

How is it that the 11k's are due in stores in 8 days, but there is no mention of them at any of the big online retailers like HM or Greatskate? I would just think that they would normally be on pre-sale or at least have some sort of teaser about them on these pages.

On the Bruins radio broadcast last night, a segment was sponsored by the Reebok 11K. At the end of the segment, there was an announcement that the skates would be available at Pure Hockey locations and their online store on January 15th.

our LHS had them last week... I am a CCM guy and skate on 8ks now and didnt waste anyones time trying them on. I like the looks and the redesigned pump was very noticeable. It was light in the hand. It reminded me of a prettier more refined 9k...

All these posts about good bad ugly....All I know is if you spend $600 on skates, you shouldnt care what brand it is or what it looks like ... its what fits... If that damn skate wasnt an extension of my leg then I dont want it no matter whose name or what color is on it...well none of those white skates, I am too old...lol

but if you dont have a competent hockey shop to work with... it can be a daunting task to get the right fit. And it takes time to find it...

got to see Wideman's 11k's up close tonight, damn they are pretty. Also On my way home I noticed that Reebok has a huge billboard right outside Fenway Park advertising just the 11k skates. I've never seen a billboard for a piece of hockey equipment before, thought that was pretty cool.

Are there enough Reebok logos on those things? I never thought I'd see the day that hockey skates started to look like road bikes...

I guess if they fit me well I could live with them, but they're a little too much for me.

got to see Wideman's 11k's up close tonight, damn they are pretty. Also On my way home I noticed that Reebok has a huge billboard right outside Fenway Park advertising just the 11k skates. I've never seen a billboard for a piece of hockey equipment before, thought that was pretty cool.

I must have missed that on my way/way out of fenway from the classic

Are there enough Reebok logos on those things? I never thought I'd see the day that hockey skates started to look like road bikes...

I see one logo on the boot and one on the holder, nothing wrong there.

Overall I like the overall look of the bacl version. Hopefully I will skate in these soon :)

Close ups:

15556196134280204504055.jpg

15556196134245204504055.jpg

I see one logo on the boot and one on the holder, nothing wrong there.

Overall I like the overall look of the bacl version. Hopefully I will skate in these soon :)

I counted 6 logos(text/swoopy thing) per skate based on these pics. I would assume there's a logo on the tongue as well, so that's 7 per skate.

I think that's actually more logos total then my Giant TCR, which is pretty impressive for a pair of skates...serious billboarding going on there.

I wasn't even counting the 11k logos, just the Reebok specific company logos (symbols & text). Even not counting the 11k logos the Reeboks are still ahead of Bauer with the Supreme logos counted.

Just an observation I made, nothing more. Like I said above if the skates fit me like slippers I'd gladly deal with the logo overload.

I wasn't even counting the 11k logos, just the Reebok specific company logos (symbols & text). Even not counting the 11k logos the Reeboks are still ahead of Bauer with the Supreme logos counted.

Just an observation I made, nothing more. Like I said above if the skates fit me like slippers I'd gladly deal with the logo overload.

I agree

Ok, so I'm looking on the monkey website and reading the specs on the 11k and all I can say is: can Reebok/CCM copy Bauer more than this? The U+ kinda like the same idea as the one95, ok, nothing bad with making a full thermoformable skate, but the 11k is a copy of the vapor X:60, from the quarter panels to the dual layer and know even the other specs sound the same as the vapor's. "Pre-molded shape provides a comfortable fit while minimizing tongue twist", it's the new form fit tongue from Bauer, no wait, it actually is FELT FOAM HYBRID PRO TONGUE from Reebok. I'm sorry, but for me, CCM/Reebok as a brand can't have any credibility when all their new ideas are copyed from an other brand, you can't expect to be nr.1 when you don't bring anything new to the table.