Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raygunpk

Reebok 11K Skates

11K skate, and the thrill is ................? Just askin'............

You're asking what is the thrill... come on..... don't you remember, a RBK rep told a MSH user that this is ... wait for it.... the Bauer killer =)), and by the looks of these, I can't get enough of the technologies put into this skate, new graphics on the holder, new low profile pump and so much more. The TotalONE is in real trouble, not to mention the ONE100. =)))))))))))

IRONY/SARCASM

You're asking what is the thrill... come on..... don't you remember, a RBK rep told a MSH user that this is ... wait for it.... the Bauer killer =)), and by the looks of these, I can't get enough of the technologies put into this skate, new graphics on the holder, new low profile pump and so much more. The TotalONE is in real trouble, not to mention the ONE100. =)))))))))))

i'm agree with you. I think these new lines gonna hv some differences in fit..regarding to heel slipage and pump problems.. Can't wait for these skates ^^ Anyone knows when is the release date? i'm going to save some money for it.

i think it's just the fact that it's new. I mean how many people on here (me included) get excited over all the new stuff having only seen a glimpse of it. there is only a very small minority of people who have any onfo before it comes out. yet there is still excitement over the most mysterious product. that's partly why the board is here right, the other is to actually share the proper info, no? :D

i think it's just the fact that it's new. I mean how many people on here (me included) get excited over all the new stuff having only seen a glimpse of it. there is only a very small minority of people who have any onfo before it comes out. yet there is still excitement over the most mysterious product. that's partly why the board is here right, the other is to actually share the proper info, no? :D

I'd like to know how the teams at RBK/Bauer/Eagle/Warrior/Easton etc etc etc think when they log into MSH and see how people salivate at new gear.

They do look nice though.

IRONY/SARCASM

I don't recall anyone ever saying this skate will be a "Bauer killer". I do recall hearing that it would be able to compete with Bauer.

I'm starting to wonder if Reebok dumped you by text or kicked your dog since any mention of the new skate is followed by your similar response.

I agree K9, waiting for the specs, but as for the design...not much change. Smaller profile Lace Lock which will drive the Gram Whores Nutz :D.

I think Bauer makes great skates, but not necessarily a skate that fits as many people as we tend to think.

I do think Bauer is light years ahead of everyone else including Reebok in the marketing department. All you have to do is go to your local rink and each sheet of ice, may it be rink 1, 2 or 3 has a large Bauer poster on the wall by the scoreboard with an action photo of Kane or Malkin

IRONY/SARCASM

I don't recall anyone ever saying this skate will be a "Bauer killer". I do recall hearing that it would be able to compete with Bauer.

I'm starting to wonder if Reebok dumped you by text or kicked your dog since any mention of the new skate is followed by your similar response.

Somebody said it in the gear sightings. The reason I have a trouble with Reebok is that there is this guy at my rink, old guy, that says that the 9k is the real deal and everytime I;m psyched about a new Bauer skate, or I tell him that my new pair of Vapors is in the mail, he starts saying all kinds of really dumb stuff about Bauer, like the fact that they stopped making real skates with the 7000 series. Now everyone has the right to have an opinion and I really shouldn't be affected by an idiot, but I really hate the arrogance with which he tells me that Bauer is crap and says everytime he sees my skates "China, look here, skates made in Canada", and that is pretty much why I have a problem with RBK.

Yes, yes, I know, arguing with an idiot is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard, but you have to agree with me that the 11k looks almost identical with the 9k white and I really doubt there is really anything new, groundbreaking, or just an inovation.

Cheers

IRONY/SARCASM

Somebody said it in the gear sightings. The reason I have a trouble with Reebok is that there is this guy at my rink, old guy, that says that the 9k is the real deal and everytime I;m psyched about a new Bauer skate, or I tell him that my new pair of Vapors is in the mail, he starts saying all kinds of really dumb stuff about Bauer, like the fact that they stopped making real skates with the 7000 series. Now everyone has the right to have an opinion and I really shouldn't be affected by an idiot, but I really hate the arrogance with which he tells me that Bauer is crap and says everytime he sees my skates "China, look here, skates made in Canada", and that is pretty much why I have a problem with RBK.

Yes, yes, I know, arguing with an idiot is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard, but you have to agree with me that the 11k looks almost identical with the 9k white and I really doubt there is really anything new, groundbreaking, or just an inovation.

Cheers

So you are basing your opinion on absolutely no facts? Just an old guy that reps Reebok and that you don't like him. That makes alot of sense.

Yes, yes, I know, arguing with an idiot is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard...

Classy dude.

All this bickering about skate brands is pretty useless when it comes to guys who are die hards about the brand they wear. You'll never get a Bauer wearer to admit there may be a skate better than he uses and the same goes for old school CCM or Reebok users. It's good there is competition because it keeps prices under control and creates new innovations. It's really not about the skate, but more about the person wearing them, that determines the talent and play level on the ice. If your good it doesn't matter what brand of skate you use, your good. If wearing a particular brand of skate makes you feel better then I believe you'll play better because your more content in that brand. Different strokes for different folks as it where.

Cheers

ok. does anyone else find it kind of funny that this dude is being trash talked by an old man? and not only is it about hockey gear, but dude is actually upset about it.

damn, i would love that.

Bickering about skate brands is useless, yes, and I'm not into getting in arguments about small matters like that, but believe me is really annoying when you try to have a conversation with a guy about a pair of skates and all he does is telling that you're skates are crap and his are the best. Now I would let it slide if it was a 18 year old, but this one is about 50 and I think he aged for nothing, no wisdom there.

Now for an objective opinion on the 11k I think it's almost the same skate as the 9k with hopefully a better heel lock and from a design pov it looks .... boring.

One more thing, sorry if I ofended anyone with using the word "retard".

@shotty: looking from aside it's funny, believe me, he knows how to push my buttons that's for sure, but he doesn't do it on purpose and that's what annoyis me, his arrogance and the fact that I can't tell him to f*** off.

For the last year I used the 9k and just recently switched to the X60 - both are good skates. The 9k feels a bit more neutral than the 60, but it's a comfortable skate. I think the Bauer is cut slightly lower and I like it.