Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raygunpk

Reebok 11K Skates

Looks rather unimpressive to me. Call me when Reebok learns what "composites" and "heel lock" are.

Every brand seems to have inconsistency in heel lock based on model. I guess Reebok is lagging behind at that the most though.

11K skate, and the thrill is ................? Just askin'............

I'd buy them just to be able to point at them and say, "These go to eleven."

I'd buy them just to be able to point at them and say, "These go to eleven."

Ha! I'm a sucker for the Tap reference.

Looks good, but looks and fit are two different things. I'd also like to see a pumpless skate.

Can someone fill me in on what the complaints regarding the heel lock for the RBK's are? I skate RBK's and don't have much of a heel lock problem at all. I lace mine pretty tight though. Not sure if I'm missing something...

Because some people have heels that don't work for that skate.

But then wouldn't that mean thats their problem for picking a skate that didn't fit them well rather than the skate having a 'sucky heel lock'???

But then wouldn't that mean thats their problem for picking a skate that didn't fit them well rather than the skate having a 'sucky heel lock'???

ahh don't listen to them, for some reason people either love or hate rbk

not a big fan of the look (a bit too much like the 9k), but overall not bad. i agree they should make a pumpless high end skate and they should also get rid of the lace lock. (i know they copied that from CCM, but CCM got rid of it!) It would probably look better in person though.

In defense of my comment, RBK has a wide heel, which is great for people who need a wide heel. However, for many people it makes them unwearable, even with the pump. Yes, you shouldn't pick it if it's a bad fit for your foot. But there are a fair number of people who like the fit in many other ways, but cannot make the skate work because of the heel.

In defense of my comment, RBK has a wide heel, which is great for people who need a wide heel. However, for many people it makes them unwearable, even with the pump. Yes, you shouldn't pick it if it's a bad fit for your foot. But there are a fair number of people who like the fit in many other ways, but cannot make the skate work because of the heel.

Thats a good point. But I will say that I have a really narrow heel and wide forefoot, I was hoping to actually get the Vapor 25's but the D was too narrow and the EE was too wide so I tried on the RBK's and get a good fit. I was surprised myself. The heel lock is pretty solid if you tie them pretty tight (which i prefer) and also do about 10 pumps. I really have grown to like them, took me a while to get used to the holders though, I felt off balance for a while going from Tuuk customs to the E-pro...

To help more people fit into a Reebok skates, they will be offering a 11K boot at the retail level that is the same width in the forefoot as a regular D boot, however has a much narrower heel.

They will have that option, as well as your regular D and E widths.

Not a bad looking skate...I just have never been crazy about the fit.

Although very true that most people are brand loyal, I am glad I stopped doing that about 4 years ago, and went for comfort and fit.

- Vapor XXX

- CCM Vector 10

- Graf 705

- Vapor XXXX (was the bast skate ever for me)

- Vapor X60....hayted it! (for the "in living color" fans)

- CCM U+ Pro 2009 custom (foot bliss)

I took me almost 5 years to find a skate that worked for me...and am glad I didn't let brand loyalty pigeon hole me.

the pump is relocated a bit lower than 09 series. i think because they wanna make a better fitting skate for narrower heel. Anyway, the graphic, and the boot model is really cool for me. i'll buy it when it hit the market.

Thats a good point. But I will say that I have a really narrow heel and wide forefoot, I was hoping to actually get the Vapor 25's but the D was too narrow and the EE was too wide so I tried on the RBK's and get a good fit. I was surprised myself. The heel lock is pretty solid if you tie them pretty tight (which i prefer) and also do about 10 pumps. I really have grown to like them, took me a while to get used to the holders though, I felt off balance for a while going from Tuuk customs to the E-pro...

My experience was similar, and so is my foot shape. After going through 2 pairs of Bauer skates last year, just couldn't get the fit right, I switched to Reebok and they worked fine at about 10 pumps.

Anyone know what the liner of the boot is made of? I'm hoping that they move away from the cloth liner that they used in the 9k.