Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tro

Minnesota Wild equipment bus burned

What is the custom skate situation with these guys? How about the guys that use orthotics or those Graf insoles? Was Clutterbuck able to get his xtra long sticks in due time?

If anyone knows Clutterbuck, tell him I've got a new stick of his and I'll make him a great deal on it :P

I hope that the players remember the effort the equipment managers and other staff put in when it comes time to tip at the end of the year. That was an incredible effort.

I hope that the players remember the effort the equipment managers and other staff put in when it comes time to tip at the end of the year. That was an incredible effort.

a lot of guys will tip around Christmas too. I'd hope the effort isn't gone unnoticed as well.

I thought it was ridiculous on HNIC when they showed highlights of some of the new gear the EQM's brought in, brand new RBK 7K elbow pads, as well as 4K's... if only I could find the stock of shinpads they had aswell.

Confirmed cause of the fire yet?

I dont think anything has been confirmed yet but i read a story at wild.com that the equipment manager thinks it was probably a torch that ended up in the wrong place.

Just as a matter of interest the Wild did lose their game to Ottawa which to me isn't surprising, even with Backstroms upbeat attitude. I'm telling you the new equipment had something to do with it because it just doesn't feel right. And the news tape showing the equipment managers bringing in the replacement stuff again verified the fact,that Reebok is the managers choice of protective equipment for their NHL players. An argument ongoing with lots of my buddies who refuse to believe it.

jofa has been the choice of protective equipment for the pros for a long time (shins and elbows anyways). its just that the general public doesn't care to know because its covered by jerseys and socks.

I'm telling you the new equipment had something to do with it because it just doesn't feel right.

Your theory is incorrect. None of the equipment used by Wild players last Saturday was brand new; it was all broken in.

that may be true...but it still doesnt feel the same as the equipment that they were used to. and that does play a huge roll in a hockey players game.

Backstrom looked completely off for two games, then he got some new equipment (not sure about the pads though) and he's looking just as good as ever.

There was a comment on NHL On the Fly tonight that they were only about 50% on replacing the equipment so far.

Josh Harding's new mask has a burning equipment truck on 1 side, a fire truck on the other, and Ottawa's fire staion badge on the back. Show's the kid has a sense of humor.