Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grider18

"Custom OPS" makers?

You've seen my order book?

The rest are "give me whatever player X is using" despite the fact that they have no idea what kind of curve said player has. In those cases, you order a sakic with their name on it.

They have to cover the expense of the mold, I can't imagine a discount for such a small order.

Good point. My question is though, how custom would RBK make the sticks? Do you get to pick shaft thickness, blade materials etc? If so, I might try to spring for that one day.

Can a person buy a pro-stock pattern i.e samsonov one95 if they bought 12 at a time?

They never did that with custom blades so i doubt they would do that with OPS. If you send them an original to get cloned i would say its more then likely they will make it, but you will also not get that blade/stick back.

There seems to be less & less variation of retail patterns/lies every year. With that and the sudden influx of people having access to pro stock sticks, some of which that have patterns with nothing even close at retail.

I would agree with that sentiment (though Easton did add the Chara curve this year). What are you to do if you get 'hooked' on a curve and dont want to change? If you order enough to make the overall blade cost close to retail (I realize that it would take quite a few blades ordered to minimize a $300 mold fee) then why not? You get the curve you want for close to retail. It costs me $8 a blade right now over retail for my custom blades. Im getting the curve I want, and a product (now) that I know is going to last longer than retail.

Unrelated: I have heard that recently getting a custom OPS out of a manufacturer is a bit delayed due to olympics...followed by playoff's. Summer is the time to get custom sticks made (so Ive been told [i have visions of sublitwill coming in here and telling me how Im 400% wrong]). Only as good as my info.

Zach

talking about custom sticks,

I cant believe that with todays technology its not possible to make heat moldable sticks/blades...

They could sell a straight pattern in a few different lies and toe shapes and then have them heat-curved at the shops in a similar device as the skate ovens. But on the other hand i think there wouldnt be a big enough market for that since most players are happy with their sakic curve :lol:

I would agree with that sentiment (though Easton did add the Chara curve this year). What are you to do if you get 'hooked' on a curve and dont want to change? If you order enough to make the overall blade cost close to retail (I realize that it would take quite a few blades ordered to minimize a $300 mold fee) then why not? You get the curve you want for close to retail. It costs me $8 a blade right now over retail for my custom blades. Im getting the curve I want, and a product (now) that I know is going to last longer than retail.

Unrelated: I have heard that recently getting a custom OPS out of a manufacturer is a bit delayed due to olympics...followed by playoff's. Summer is the time to get custom sticks made (so Ive been told [i have visions of sublitwill coming in here and telling me how Im 400% wrong]). Only as good as my info.

Zach

Who are you getting custom blades from?

talking about custom sticks,

I cant believe that with todays technology its not possible to make heat moldable sticks/blades...

They could sell a straight pattern in a few different lies and toe shapes and then have them heat-curved at the shops in a similar device as the skate ovens. But on the other hand i think there wouldnt be a big enough market for that since most players are happy with their sakic curve :lol:

For your concept to work the blade would have to be plastic which would be considerably less stiff and rigid than composite blades.

I'm thinking about getting an One95 Intermidiate 75 flex on the ID program.

Has anyone tried this size / flex? Is is super whippy and can you compare it to something else in a retail version?

Thanks

i've talked to base and supposly if you send them a pattern they can mold it for you but everything as a price!

Speaking on the terms of custom sticks, everyone's talking about custom blades what about custom length. I'm happy with my zetterburg/pm9 but I want the same length as the Easton ST 115 flex (I think it's 65")

Speaking on the terms of custom sticks, everyone's talking about custom blades what about custom length. I'm happy with my zetterburg/pm9 but I want the same length as the Easton ST 115 flex (I think it's 65")

They make XL Zetterberg ST's, what do you want different?

i've talked to base and supposly if you send them a pattern they can mold it for you but everything as a price!

I bought a few Base's a few months ago, only good things to tell you. You can pick your own Flex, Lie, Curve, Color, Grip, and a few other minor things, and many other customization options. GREAT company. But, I don't have the money right now to be buying $160 sticks. If you buy a stick anywhere else, it doesn't make any sense to me. Base is the only company for the price to give you that amount of customization. And yeah, if you send them a pattern they will work with it.

The XL AK shafts are NICE, otherwise the Base website says they can make sticks 6" longer upon request

I sure hope they are not putting wood end plugs in!