Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickwilly

Standard Shaft Users

thanks mack, and the z bubble?

someone have pictures of all the generations? or something to know the difference(?) during the years?

thanks

i didnt even see you ask about the ultra lite, my bad.

i think something like 95-2001 it was orange, then green, then white, now its the st

the first zbubbles had 2 yellow lines down it, then without them. then silver grip came out and regular became blue, then silver, than orange/copper, then s15/17/19 whatever they are now.

I refuse to think of the UL after it went to the greenish-gold colour because it was an abomination since then. Every shaft Easton made starting around then have been horrible.

I hated how they felt overall. The post-brown ULs felt dead and I missed the clear coat they put on the sticks because they stopped feeling right. It's aesthetics and minor, but the graphics and all that went to shit and stopped being "classic." The first silver MM-weave Z-Bubbles are still some of the sexiest shafts ever.

thanks to all for the info

I have 2 green z bubble and 1 brown ultra lite and I`m in love jajajaja

so all of you recomend to stay away from the later generations???

is the Ak near the ultra lite???

maybe im crazy, but i swear after the green zbubbles, they became more boxy feeling.
I hated how they felt overall. The post-brown ULs felt dead and I missed the clear coat they put on the sticks because they stopped feeling right. It's aesthetics and minor, but the graphics and all that went to shit and stopped being "classic." The first silver MM-weave Z-Bubbles are still some of the sexiest shafts ever.

Agreed on BOTH accounts. Yes, Easton has changed the shape/dimensions of their shafts over the years despite claiming that it's just a graphics change. Recently, they've even changed how they produce the shafts (ST and S15/S19 shafts) and as a result, they feel like hell: heavy, boxy, and cheap. The Z-Bubbles namely became boxier and many of Easton's shafts became much thicker width-wise. I have an A/G 6000 shaft in the basement and that thing is noticeably thinner than any newer Easton sticks. I miss the days of the green Z-Bubbles, brown Ultra Lites, T-Flexes, etc. I wish Easton would still let the Kevlar wrap show through on their sticks and merely use a clearcoat. There's a reason why I've almost exclusively used older Easton shafts (Cyclones, first-gen Synergys, Green or silver Z-Bubbles)... because they most importantly feel better, but to a lesser degree, look MUCH better. I understand the change from Easton having their name twice on every side of the stick, but they screwed things overall when they left that design. These little things make a difference and companies forget that.

thanks to all for the info

I have 2 green z bubble and 1 brown ultra lite and I`m in love jajajaja

so all of you recomend to stay away from the later generations???

is the Ak near the ultra lite???

The AK or One95 are the best standard shafts since the "golden days" of Easton's shafts. I think either one will leave you happy enough.

i didnt even see you ask about the ultra lite, my bad.

i think something like 95-2001 it was orange, then green, then white, now its the st

the first zbubbles had 2 yellow lines down it, then without them. then silver grip came out and regular became blue, then silver, than orange/copper, then s15/17/19 whatever they are now.

Thanks for the info, I know the best ultra lite is the brown, the zbubble is the green and the silver or only the green?

sorry for al the questions but i´m love with this shafts jajaja and the sher-wood momentum but i can´t find any of them

I try the dolomite but is not good for me same with 7k, V10 (I know they are tapered)

thanks to all is very difficult here in argentina becouse thereis non LHS, only online (HM, IW) and they sell the new stuff

Thanks for the info, I know the best ultra lite is the brown, the zbubble is the green and the silver or only the green?

These are just personal preferences. No one is saying that those are the best shafts ever produced by Easton. It's not quite that complicated, but he and I are stating that we enjoy the green ones and silver ones, which were also blue in the non-grip version.

The Gold AK27 was the best standard shaft I've used in a very long time, still haven't found anything similar, although I'm about to try some one95's

Hey Chadd, Is that an easton? I had a gold easton back in the day and loved it!! It was an aluminum shaft, but am looking for one....and can't find??? Any idea's??

Thanks

I've still got an Easton Pro Gold 95 that I use occassionally for inline and I loved those shafts back in the day. One of mine is still going strong, the other split from the tip straight up the shaft many years ago unfortunately.

Grip Lites, A/C 7100, Z-Core, Hull "MM Z-Bubble," Koho Revolution DRC, Warrior AK27.

Wish I would have snagged a Hull Z-Bubble before they all disappeared.

I primarily use Bauer One95's...and have a standard pro-stock Dolo that I like to use from time to time. All with composite One95 blades.

x2. I really want a super whip shaft. I think the Harrow might be next best thing depending on how much gets cut off.

The 67 flex One90 I used for a bit was the whippiest shaft I've ever used, even more so than I could tolerate. Felt like about a 60. Wonder if the One95's are a bit stiffer?

Any comments or opinons on the S19 shaft?

More rounded shaft shape than any of its predecessors: Z-Bubble or the S15. Not sure of the feel, but many have hated Easton's shaft feels for the past couple years since the Ultra Lite and Z-Bubble became the ST and S15 (which now is the S19). It is also heavier than ever before at just over 360 grams.

They never diasppeared. The secondary market for them is so strong there is no need to advertise. Same with Grip Lites.

They never diasppeared. The secondary market for them is so strong there is no need to advertise. Same with Grip Lites.

There's a MM Hull Z-Bubble (with Z-Carbon blade) on Ebay right now. Same with a couple Grip Lites, regular Z-Bubbles, T-Flexes, and even a signed A/C 7100. Some guy on there must have a ton of classic stuff. I picked up a nearly new T-Flex 85 from that era for $30.

Im using an AK27 shaft on and off and I like it, but it is a bit short. I have to add a pretty long plug to make it work which makes the stick heavier overall. Still, performance is excellent and I love shooting with it.