Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gxc999

The Spider Thread

The GD things are everywhere. I'm killing an average of 2 per day, I'm spraying Raid all over, keeping the place clean etc, but they won't go away. It's like this every year in April. I've had some real big ones, bigger than a quarter, and some small ones, black and brown spiders... Maybe I'm in the wrong field... Snakes haven't ever really bothered me, only ever had one or two come in my house and I took care of them myself, but the spiders won't stop man :angry:

Used to have similar issues at my old place... freakin redbacks ALL over the place. Even found a female one with a egg pod or whatever you call it.

This place that we're currently in doesnt have as many of these fookers... but there are plenty of other types of spiders in my garage....

I. Hate. Spiders.

You and me both.

3 days ago there was a water Moccisan snake (poisonous) almost the length of my int ones95 uncut, and I just walked up to it and chopped it's head off.

I saw an itsy bitsy spider on the table last night and I flipped out.

Not my favorites, but they are one of the most benificial elements in the food chain. That said, you are always within 3 feet of a spider.

aaaaaaaaand now I'm paranoid

Hahaha, Drew you just freaked out a lot of people...Spiders aren't my favorite, but I can handle them. My cat just caught a RAT in my basement the other day though. That was uncool. :angry:

mos tin terms of spiders up here in the GTA are the small house ones, harmless. But every spring/fall these house centipides

http://apps.caes.uga.edu/news/graphicsfile...entipede7lr.jpg

show up often, creepy and slightly poisonous

Those things are freakin fast!!!! Went to turn on the sink one night and had one come flying out at a hundred miles an hour! Slammed the drain shut and cut it in half! My heart was racing like I just squared off with a grizzly!!! :lol:

Used to have similar issues at my old place... freakin redbacks ALL over the place. Even found a female one with a egg pod or whatever you call it.

This place that we're currently in doesnt have as many of these fookers... but there are plenty of other types of spiders in my garage....

Out of all of us you have the worst ones to worry about! You ever run into Funnel spiders?

haha the aussie's would know a lot about spiders :P i don't mind spiders as long as they don't bother me on the other hand I. Hate. Snakes.

i have to deal with racoons here instead

Hahaha, Drew you just freaked out a lot of people...Spiders aren't my favorite, but I can handle them. My cat just caught a RAT in my basement the other day though. That was uncool. :angry:

Yeah, poor rat :D

There was a spider on the wall a couple months back. As I'm trying to kill it using a tissue, that freaking thing jumped off the wall and onto my arm. I almost squealed like a schoolgirl as I was moving my arm at whipping speed to get it off my arm. It landed somewhere and haven't seen it since. Next time I see it on the wall, I'm shooting pucks at it. No way I'm getting this close to it ever again lol.

At the cottage we had when I was young, we used to see those big ass hairy spiders on the dock. They were scary as hell and we'd just try to push them away in the water for them to drown and be eaten by bass or sunfish. We were never too successful as these damn things could swim!

I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with Black Widows and such! As for that centipede, didn't know they were slighlty poisonous. One more reason not handle them and just squish them up anytime I see one.. which isn't very often.. thankfully

There was a spider on the wall a couple months back. As I'm trying to kill it using a tissue, that freaking thing jumped off the wall and onto my arm. I almost squealed like a schoolgirl as I was moving my arm at whipping speed to get it off my arm. It landed somewhere and haven't seen it since. Next time I see it on the wall, I'm shooting pucks at it. No way I'm getting this close to it ever again lol.

At the cottage we had when I was young, we used to see those big ass hairy spiders on the dock. They were scary as hell and we'd just try to push them away in the water for them to drown and be eaten by bass or sunfish. We were never too successful as these damn things could swim!

I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with Black Widows and such! As for that centipede, didn't know they were slighlty poisonous. One more reason not handle them and just squish them up anytime I see one.. which isn't very often.. thankfully

uhh I dont reccomend you squish them as they leave behind...legs, sticky legs and lots of them :o

yea... they are everywhere here in Australia. I've got an old wooden stick with a busted blade... used that to get the bastards in hard places...

I get a lot of bigger spiders, which is good, I suppose, because the brown recluse being so tiny, is the big concern around here. I'm just hoping they go away before I run out of Raid.

I freaked out when a "daddy long legs" spide was 2 feet away from me while I was emptying my gear bag. And a shiver goes down my spine just thinking of them. The worst is when you kill one while they are on the wall or ceiling since their legs and guts wont come off the walls lol