Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PH_Hockey2

What stick do you use

What do you like to use.  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why is the drury going out it is such a popular curve so many pros use it i used to love that curve i had a rocket with it but when i broke it they stopped making that curve in int.

Just because its popular in the pros doesn't mean that its popular on the retail market. A lot of people simply can't use it.

I think part of the gain seen by younger players who use composite sticks is from the fact that the grip on many of these sticks makes it easier to gain purchase with the low hand on the stick. With a younger (read somewhat weaker players) keeping the stick from turning in the lower hand while taking a slap shot is often one of the most important elements to transmitting force to the shot. If the stick rotates in your lower hand you will lose much of the torque necessary to transmit energy through the blade to the puck....it may also explain some of why you feel the shot will "come off faster"....The composite sticks equipped with a flex point will definitely respond a bit faster than a stick which requires that the whole length of the shaft be flexed to develop the necessary force to propel the puck...

Try getting a stiff wood stick and planing your own flex point into the stick and wrapping some tape around the lower part of the handle for grip....you may be able to simulate the response you see from a composite.

Speaking of grip and wooden sticks, what happened to those Bauer woodies with stick'um on them? I've never seen one in any stores and they sounded like a good idea.

Speaking of grip and wooden sticks, what happened to those Bauer woodies with stick'um on them? I've never seen one in any stores and they sounded like a good idea.

still up on their site. I was looking into it when I went looking for a wood stick. Unfortunately Canadian Tire didn't care them, so I was out of luck. I think I may have seen a few junior versions, but most stores around here carry a larger collection of OPS than wood sticks so a nice woody is rare.

I snapped each of them within the first month of practices before games started up. However, the I bought four Innovative True-1s (Fedorov pattern, 300 flex) back in April, and two of them still feel brand-new (of the broken ones, one broke awhile ago on a hard slash, and the blade of the other one snapped a few days ago).

I personally haven't had much problem with breakage in my wood sticks. I find that OPS snap like crazy compared to my wood sticks.

And doesn't it hurt that much more when you snap a stick you paid $200 for vs. one that you paid $30 for?

I'm sure that there are several players on this board that play at a considerable level, while not Major Junior, U.S. College or Minor Pro, but let's be realistic, most of the kids playing at any of those levels can't even get the best out of an OPS. Even some NHLers say that they can't use OPSs b/c their hands aren't good enough, and I doubt that anyone on this board is as skilled as an NHL Black Ace even.

I switched from wood to 2 pieces due to the weight and because I was wearing out 100.00 of woods a season. Now I just buy Z-carb blades and I'm good for a season. Comes out to the same price. However I did love the Bauer woods for feel.

My shot is more accurate and better release with comp shafts and blades. I play rec now but I can't go back.

And doesn't it hurt that much more when you snap a stick you paid $200 for vs. one that you paid $30 for? 

I agree it's totally mental with me if I snap 10 wooden sticks it still feels better than snapping one ops, that's I why I won't use my ops when I play D I'm too afraid it'll bust and I'll be like damn there goes $100 bucks regardless if I had the stick for years or not.

should be a all of the above but iv used a shaft/blade combo and a OPS this year

voted shaft/balde because that is what im using currently (R2 with hybrid synthesis blade)

i used to use a shaft blade combo with a wood blade, but within last month switched to woodies. after i did everyone on my team did also

Shaft/blade combo.

I have a TPS XN10 ops but I hate it, it was my first and last OPS and the only reason I bought it was because I got it on clearance. It's a great stick and everything, but I just don't like the feel of OPS'. I just absolutely love the feel of a 2 piece with a wooden blade.

I didn't hear him ask which was better, he may just be curious about the numbers.

I am assuming this is for peoples main stick and not all of their sticks?

Well i think that i shoot harder WITH wood, than composite when i use my bauer 6000(broke) :( i had rockets but when i went back to my apollo with bauer 1000 blade my shot was brutal, back when i had a one piece(synergy '02) i had incredible shots but after breakin it i bought an ultra-lite and was content with my 2 pieces ever since, but now that i used wood it changed. my rotation

1. wood

2. 2 piece

3. one piece

if i break down and buy a one piece it may change.

--HP3

Well what do ya know I read the question wrong. Im so dumb. Well anywho my main stick is my TPS Rubber with Modo Si-core. MY M-1 Grip is my backup. Looking foward to try out my SI- core grip thats one the way.