Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

Easton EQ50 Stick

Anyone know if they are going to change the stealth line at all??

Sticks are on a 2-year cycle. Since the S19 came out this year, you'll see a new Stealth around this time next year.

I saw the EQ50 OPS today. The stick had a good feel in your hands, as Easton always does for me. The balance felt great. The stick and entire line looks awesome for graphics. The new technology also looks great on the stick for presentation purposes. Easton will continue to run strong in OPS.

Easton has always done a great job with their stick graphics. I can't wait for August 1st-ish. I haven't like the feel of an Easton stick since the SL and we all know about the durability problems there.

Easton has always done a great job with their stick graphics. I can't wait for August 1st-ish. I haven't like the feel of an Easton stick since the SL and we all know about the durability problems there.

I must say, I'm getting quite excited to see the stick now, and to see how it performs. One of my Dolo Spynes just went and I'm in the hunt for a new stick. Looking at the S19 and some custom 52Cals, but I might hold off for one of these...

THE DRURY IS GOING TO BECOME THE PARISE??? REALLY!!!!!?

Was all caps really necessary? <_<

Looking at the S19 and some custom 52Cals, but I might hold off for one of these...

Have you used a retail 52cal?

Have you used a retail 52cal?

I have. I had two of the all black ones; one the year before last and this last year, both under the Ballistik name. I was very impressed. Reminded me of the old '05 Stealths. I have not had a chance to use the new Combat ones though, which is what I'd have to get custom made since they don't offer the old Ballistik ones.

Will we be seeing this stick soon? JR said maybe August 1st?

Well since August 1st is still about a week away, maybe you'll see then.

Finally saw the stick today as well, and agreed it looks great. Only physical thing the rep brought in was the end plug though unfortunately, but I do like the idea of it. Can't wait to actually try one out!

Like everyone else, I'm interested to see this stick.

I may be in the minority here, but Easton sticks have just never worked for me for whatever reason, and I've tried all of their top end stuff: Stealth, SL, SE, SE16, S17, S19, and I just never liked any of them. That's not a slag on Easton at all, because I wanted to like them, but none worked for me. I guess the Stealth was the only one that I had any success with. The blades always seemed a little too soft for me, soft to the point of feeling dead or just lagging.

Again, I'm still interested to see the new stick.

Finally saw the stick today as well, and agreed it looks great. Only physical thing the rep brought in was the end plug though unfortunately, but I do like the idea of it. Can't wait to actually try one out!

So all they are showing is a picture of the stick and an end plug?

Well we received our holiday catalogue which included pictures of the EQ50 stick as well as the Q4 launch of a couple variations in the Stealth skates and I believe a new glove, just scanned through it as I was leaving. As far as if they are ONLY showing the end plug, I'm not too sure, rep told us he would bring one in as soon as HE had it. He was also just back from holidays so its possible he just hasnt picked one up yet.

So all they are showing is a picture of the stick and an end plug?

The handling of this launch for dealers to see the product is really bad. Some will see the stick(I did) and some won't. The glove is a blind buy. Crazy, huh?

Well we received our holiday catalogue which included pictures of the EQ50 stick as well as the Q4 launch of a couple variations in the Stealth skates and I believe a new glove, just scanned through it as I was leaving. As far as if they are ONLY showing the end plug, I'm not too sure, rep told us he would bring one in as soon as HE had it. He was also just back from holidays so its possible he just hasnt picked one up yet.

Are the rumors of a black S12 skate true?

The handling of this launch for dealers to see the product is really bad. Some will see the stick(I did) and some won't. The glove is a blind buy. Crazy, huh?

No kidding. Definitely not the greatest for them. But considering easton is god-tier at sticks it won't hurt them.

And yes black s12.

No kidding. Definitely not the greatest for them. But considering easton is god-tier at sticks it won't hurt them.

And yes black s12.

The stick line you could buy blind and be safe for your shop. The gloves?..............

Definitely not large quantites. irc the s19 gloves we didn't see them and only got about 6-7 pairs, which is slightly below normal for high end, they sold decently tho. but I definitely wouldst get a large stock. we know what easton gloves are; so its not to surprising what will show up when we get these.

I don't think you can buy there sticks sight-unsen anymore, I think the S-17 left a bad taste in alot of customers mouth a couple of years ago, personally I think the S-19 was hurt by the S-17.

but they still sold like crazy. for easton sticks and bauer skates imo as a dealer it doesn't matter if I see the item or not - I know they will sell well.

can't wait till this comes out, I heard it is mosltly black like the s19, not like the last colorful se16 schemes.

The pic I saw of it (although blurry) was a grip version and was mostly black with some orange accents.