Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spence4101

CCM U+ CL Skate

I looked through the thread, but I must have missed it, when is the eta for these?

I just sent back a pair '08 U+ Skates on boot warranty and they're sending me a pair Reeboks back instead. If I can sell the Reeboks, I'll be getting the CLs, possibly customs.

I looked through the thread, but I must have missed it, when is the eta for these?

I just sent back a pair '08 U+ Skates on boot warranty and they're sending me a pair Reeboks back instead. If I can sell the Reeboks, I'll be getting the CLs, possibly customs.

I sent rbk pumps in for warranty and the sent me u+ reloads back haha.

Does anyone know if the Skates will be available to pre-order customs? If so can you purchase just the boot without a runner? I am really interested in purchasing these if they fit right and I am also interested in possibly going custom. Either that, or I can use my tuuk holders off my one95's if they fit right.

They will ship unmounted if you do custom.

I have never done anything custom, do I go through the company? Or do I find a pro-shop to do it? If through the company do I contact customer service?

There's a full-page ad (pg19) in the September issue of USA Hockey magazine that features a much better picture of the skate than any of the leaked pics. It looks a little less Vapor-ish than I thought it did in the previous shotes. Maybe it's just because of the lighting, but it looks more black (less silver) than I thought.

If i had a scanner, I'd upload and share the pic.

There's a full-page ad (pg19) in the September issue of USA Hockey magazine that features a much better picture of the skate than any of the leaked pics. It looks a little less Vapor-ish than I thought it did in the previous shotes. Maybe it's just because of the lighting, but it looks more black (less silver) than I thought.

They have some pics and pre order info on icewarehouse.com

Really? On one of the earlier pages there is a high-resolution shot I got from CCM.

Saw the skate and I'm torn. Stitching / construction where the side panels attaches to the toe cap is super interesting. Skate is definitely not 'Crazy Light' tho.. Weighed it next too a skate 1 size bigger (the U+ RL) and it was heavier.

Really? On one of the earlier pages there is a high-resolution shot I got from CCM.

Okay.. that probably a poor choice of words. The image that you posted is a good-looking high-res shot. The image in the magazine is from a slightly different angle, and doesn't have a watermark on it. The lighting in the images is different, too. The colors look quite a bit different.

Either way, it's a moot point now, obviously.. since there are plenty of pictures that are now on all of the online retailer pages.

Saw the skate and I'm torn. Stitching / construction where the side panels attaches to the toe cap is super interesting. Skate is definitely not 'Crazy Light' tho.. Weighed it next too a skate 1 size bigger (the U+ RL) and it was heavier.

If weight matters, those guys might not be so happy when they are holding the skate. However, your legs are the strongest part of your body so...............

These skates mark a startling resemblance to the Bauer X60. I'm thinking CCM is starting to put a little more emphasis on their skate line to get back some of the market share. Good looking skates. I hope the quality is as good as the skates look. It would be nice to see CCM back in the game with their skates a little more. Competition is good!

The U+ 12 looks way better than the CL, IMAO shades of black and grey work way better with silver than shades of dark blue. The U+ still looks to much as the x60, it looks like a prototype color scheme of the x60

Seb, when I saw these skates in June they were visually identical. They were also the same exact skate, one was handmade in Canada and other factory made in asia. Those has been told by Jr though that they aren't identical skates. Not sure how much it is worth...

Seb, when I saw these skates in June they were visually identical. They were also the same exact skate, one was handmade in Canada and other factory made in asia. Those has been told by Jr though that they aren't identical skates. Not sure how much it is worth...

Not this crap again.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53146-ccm-u-cl-skate/page__view__findpost__p__813166

Stop with the misinformation.

i... i fucking give up on these skates. not sure if you got this, but, i was saying that they were visually identical, not materially identical. and i also said when i saw them, there shades were identical, and one (the CL) wasn't bluer or anything than the other. And god damn chadd... i said JR proved me wrong on this, so take what I said with a grain of salt. Did you not read that part?

after a ridiculously long period looking at the catalog and comparing colors, it appears that, the CL is bluer than the 12. looks like i'm wrong, again. BUT, it definately was not that blue when I saw them, or even in the catalog (in reference to the pic above). Only on the tendon guard mainly was it slightly bluer. The CL is going to look alot more like that 12, lighting has to be different between the two.

The comment that "they are the exact same skate" is where I have to correct you. Visually, maybe but that's not what matters here. The difference is in the materials used to build the two models. End of story.