Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spence4101

CCM U+ CL Skate

The outter material look a lot like the rbk 11k no?

The U-12 has the same outer material as the 11k's, but the U+Cl is has the Suryln. The boot will form to your foot 360 degrees and all the foam is the U foam. 3 vents in the skate including the tongue, and a lot of other nice features. Strongly recommend molding with the CCM FIT machine.

Not only that, but the reduction in ankle wrap and eyelet orientation is a good change - too many skaters had too much wrap on the ankle.

What do you mean by 'reduction in ankle wrap'?

Yes, U+ Cl and U+ 12 will be released in October.

They look great in person, very Vapor-ish...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Fit out of the box blows the previous line out of the water.

Do they fit like vapors? Or more like the U+ reloaded?

I like the look. I'm guessing this was the skate that one of the guys on the Sens was wearing. Has that little bit of silver up front and all black on the rest of the boot.

My one gripe, purely cosmetic, is the orange. I just don't think it fits the skate. Maybe a silverish/grey tone would be better. I haven't seen them in person yet, so maybe it will look better to me when I do.

Color me impressed as well. If they fit my bizarro-foot, I'm thinking of saving up my money to grab a pair.

I like the look. I'm guessing this was the skate that one of the guys on the Sens was wearing. Has that little bit of silver up front and all black on the rest of the boot.

My one gripe, purely cosmetic, is the orange. I just don't think it fits the skate. Maybe a silverish/grey tone would be better. I haven't seen them in person yet, so maybe it will look better to me when I do.

Looks like red to me. Reminds me of the U+ Anatomy stick.

Ah, I commented on the original crappy scan from PHEW, even though I had looked at JR's post. Ooops.

The Red does look better. I think if they had put the red where the "U+" is it would look even better. Just my opinion though.

Ah, I commented on the original crappy scan from PHEW, even though I had looked at JR's post. Ooops.

The Red does look better. I think if they had put the red where the "U+" is it would look even better. Just my opinion though.

If they would do that it would look almost identical with the vapor xxx. I know this for sure that at one point at an auto show Kia didn't unveil a new model because it looked to much with another model from BMW or Mercedes, I can't remember for sure, and they already had law suits from the fact their cars copyed the look of other models.

I wonder if that is possible with a model of skates

If they would do that it would look almost identical with the vapor xxx. I know this for sure that at one point at an auto show Kia didn't unveil a new model because it looked to much with another model from BMW or Mercedes, I can't remember for sure, and they already had law suits from the fact their cars copyed the look of other models.

I wonder if that is possible with a model of skates

Eh, not really identical to the XXX. As for lawsuits, I doubt it. If that's the case, Easton would be so swamped in lawsuits from Bauer in regards to their lower end skates.

Perhaps they are swamped in lawsuits. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Best I can do is make educated guesses until someone more knowledgeable comes along and proves me wrong.

Saw the skate over the weekend....very impressed. Kudos to the product team, they're on the right track.

+1. RBK had a dealer event in NYC today. The skate is a strong improvement over the previous U+ designs. The red touch is OV's 2 cents on which color he liked the best as an accent. After all, the skate will look strong with his Caps uni colors.

PS Never say never on Tacks.

Also curious about what the fit is like, does it have more depth then the U+? I tried it on after baking them and they were so comfortable besides the fact they still didn't have enough width even in an EE... Hows the width on these also and is there a new liner on this skate? I want to get customs but after seeing these I think I'm going to pull myself back from spending too much on custom To's and dropping a bit less for these :P

+1. RBK had a dealer event in NYC today. The skate is a strong improvement over the previous U+ designs. The red touch is OV's 2 cents on which color he liked the best as an accent. After all, the skate will look strong with his Caps uni colors.

I have a fealing you know something that you're not telling about certain line of skates made by CCM a while back :ph34r:

There was only a 7.5 D sample to check out. That isn't my size to try on. Single E is their widest stock width.

I only dream about the Tacks name coming back because I am an old fogey. But , you never know and that's as much as I got from them!

Looks like I'll be giving CCM another try once these come out. I love my S17's, but these new CCM's are very sexy.

I was at the Reebok event today too. The new U+CL looks sweet in person. I thought the 7.5 was a little heavy, did not seem as light as the old U+'s to me. I really think this is going to be a good seller for CCM though, as it is a strong improvement as Darkstar said. I was very impressed by the skate, and though I did not try it on (honestly wasn't sure if we were allowed too, I think not) it looked to be a wide skate, and I liked the new quarter material. I think you CCM guys are going to be impressed.

Looks like I'll be giving CCM another try once these come out. I love my S17's, but these new CCM's are very sexy.

Let me know how those fit you. Wouldn't you need like a C/AA?

Any chance Ovie will be skating on E-Pro's?

Let me know how those fit you. Wouldn't you need like a C/AA?

Probably not that small. I'm in D width in Easton's and I fit snugly into those. I've worn CCM's in the past. Never had to go to a C. But, new skate, new fitting, only way to know is to try them on.

Probably not that small. I'm in D width in Easton's and I fit snugly into those. I've worn CCM's in the past. Never had to go to a C. But, new skate, new fitting, only way to know is to try them on.

Well I've got S17s too (R Width as well) and they're almost a bit wide for me. Well not really, but I had Reloadeds in a D width and they were wayyy too wide, so I was just curious. But seriously, let me know how they fit :lol: