Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spence4101

CCM U+ CL Skate

Is it just me, or are the guys at CCM copying more and more from Bauer, first the ideas and now even the graphics and colors. I think it's really really sad that CCM is going to become a knock-off Bauer becuase this is the path they are heading so far

Is it just me, or are the guys at CCM copying more and more from Bauer, first the ideas and now even the graphics and colors. I think it's really really sad that CCM is going to become a knock-off Bauer becuase this is the path they are heading so far

Bauer has been crushing the skate market for 2+ years, so CCM would be wise to copy them after their U+ Pro disaster.

I think they got it right with the current U+ Pro Reloaded's. Hopefully this one will continue that success. Also, what does PHEW stand for?

and every company besides easton copied them with the one piece composite stick...

and every company besides easton copied them with the one piece composite stick...

Yeah and we all know how that worked out...bust.

Nothing new to any industry. When one company has something successful then the competitors try to nibble into that success.

Wasn't CCM the skate leader in the nhl prior to the 1980's or maybe even 1990's? And you can't really blame CCM. I don't know for sure, but it seems as though Bauer puts in the most time and money into their R&D. Bauer has hit major strides (no pun intended) in technology and marketing.

It might not be that Bauer puts in more time and money. It could be that recently they've just had more good ideas when it comes to skates.

It might not be that Bauer puts in more time and money. It could be that recently they've just had more good ideas when it comes to skates.

Right, and it's not like CCM is going to ignore any innovations another company came up with and see what sort of innovations they can come up with using papier mache or lead and pewter.

Every company evaluates their competitors products. Sometimes you're looking for a flaw or weakness to capitalize on. Other times you're looking for something they may have missed or just trying to see things they way they see them.

You'd be foolish not to learn from your competitors success.

Skate looks nice....so glad they changed up the graphics.

Every company evaluates their competitors products. Sometimes you're looking for a flaw or weakness to capitalize on. Other times you're looking for something they may have missed or just trying to see things they way they see them.

You'd be foolish not to learn from your competitors success.

Skate looks nice....so glad they changed up the graphics.

agreed, the u+ skates logos looked like crap.

I'm not saying you shouldn't learn from your competitors, it's just the fact that for a big company like CCM would copy in this way Bauer, it's like not only did they lost the battle, but they surrendered the arms and are accepting Bauer is better than them. And believe it or not, that's not good for Bauer also, because now they can take the foot of the acceleration since they are the only ones racing.

Ohh and one more thing, they really do put the most money in R&D.

Wasn't CCM the skate leader in the nhl prior to the 1980's or maybe even 1990's? And you can't really blame CCM. I don't know for sure, but it seems as though Bauer puts in the most time and money into their R&D. Bauer has hit major strides (no pun intended) in technology and marketing.

Maybe Bauer should spend some of that R&D money on making their sticks more durable instead of releasing three different top of the line skates every year....Sorry a little jaded at the moment with Bauer composite sticks. taken a gamble on them three times now and every time I'm dissapointed. Back to the topic though, CCM U+ Cl skates look awesome, I like the all black look.

Maybe Bauer should spend some of that R&D money on making their sticks more durable instead of releasing three different top of the line skates every year....Sorry a little jaded at the moment with Bauer composite sticks. taken a gamble on them three times now and every time I'm dissapointed. Back to the topic though, CCM U+ Cl skates look awesome, I like the all black look.

They have 3 lines with different fit and technology, these days all major brands have at least 2 lines of skates, Easton with the EQ5 and the S17, CCM/RBK with the 11k and U+. The Flexlite line from Bauer is a niche product, for a very high volume foot and it's not a top of the line skate. The new CCM skates do look great, but they look to much like the Vapors, way to much, from the color scheme to the logo on the side, make that logo red and if you see them for a second you'll swear it's a Vapor skate, also how the logo runs to the toe of the boot into the CCM, they even have chrome on the tendon guard. The new CCM U+ CL, knock-off Vapors

They have 3 lines with different fit and technology, these days all major brands have at least 2 lines of skates, Easton with the EQ5 and the S17, CCM/RBK with the 11k and U+. The Flexlite line from Bauer is a niche product, for a very high volume foot and it's not a top of the line skate. The new CCM skates do look great, but they look to much like the Vapors, way to much, from the color scheme to the logo on the side, make that logo red and if you see them for a second you'll swear it's a Vapor skate, also how the logo runs to the toe of the boot into the CCM, they even have chrome on the tendon guard. The new CCM U+ CL, knock-off Vapors

Except, I think they look better than the Vapors. Although I have not seen them in person.

What colors should they use? Pink? Green?

I'm with tscharf on this one, using certain colors is now unacceptable if another skate company has used it? Also, how on earth are you gonna say a skate company like CCM is a "knock-off" of Bauer? Quit suckin' the Bauer teet.