Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spence4101

CCM U+ CL Skate

i used to tear thru pro lite holders. AT LEAST 2-3 sets per season.

Wow, I know they were flexable and not considered very strong but 2-3 pairs a season is CRAZY!

What a crappy holder.

I never had much trouble with them becuase when i was younger and using pro lite 3s i weighed like 90 lbs lol.

Got mine in today. Really liking the look.. Taking them to the rink tomorrow to switch the tongues and put some tuuks on them. Hopefully try to get on the ice sometime Saturday.

Want to get these but not sure how they'll fit me. Everything has hurt my feet except my Flexlite 12's.

CCM.jpg

Had a sample pair of both the CL and U+12 sent to our warehouse last week. Being in the UK, we've got a November release date on 'em. Both pairs were too small for me to try on unfortunately. Aesthetically, I was really impressed. Haven't liked the look of CCM's high end skates recently, so these came as a pleasant surprised.

Could barely notice the weight difference between both boots. Rep also noted that the CL is made in Canada, the U+12 in China. That said, I'm going to go for a pair of U+12. The trade price difference is going to be something like £200 ($320)... couldn't really justify going for the CL on that basis.

Is that just directed towards the aesthetics of the skate? Also fixed something for ya

Yeah, I just like the aesthetics of these skates, in fact I think they are the only 'modern looking' skates are like. I'm a die-hard Graf fan ahah

Is that just directed towards the aesthetics of the skate? Also fixed something for ya

actually it was originally called the "Vector U+". They have just sort of slowly stopped calling them the vectors

The front towers on the holders look beafier does anyone know if last years e-pros are a exact fit or is this going to be a new holder

I'm still debating if I want to drop $600 on these or One100 skates, I tried them both on and the fit in both is good. Durability is my main concern, the past few pairs of Bauers have fallen apart rather quickly on me. I've never really had durability issues with CCM/Rbk so I'm leaning a little more towards the CLs.

The SLM holder on Tacks in early 90s wins "Ugliest Holder Ever" hands down.

Darkstar... go back and look up the SLM blade (IRRC - Prolite II??) that was on the 80's SuperTacks and UltraTacks..... I'll take the SLM 2500\5000? that looked like the old ICM blades any day over those Prolite II's.

UltraTacks.jpg

Yes, I sold quite a few pair of those Ultra Tacks back in the 80s. The Bauer Supreme 100 and Daoust 301 dominated back then though. That Ultra Tack was a pretty weak offering for CCM. TUUK started to limit distribution and this forced CCM to come up with their own holder. And to think that Prolite steel once ruled the roost.

BTW, is that photo from a Classic Collectibles auction? I like the little CCM wood block holder for the skates!

BTW, is that photo from a Classic Collectibles auction? I like the little CCM wood block holder for the skates!

Yeah, by way of Google Images. I did a quick search for an pic last night... Google images brought that up first and it was exactly what I was looking for....

Mods... if the image is an issue let me know and I'll pull it.

I had the Supreme 100's and the Daoust 301's.... and ROOS before Cooper bought them - the Ultra Tacks just didn't appeal to me - probably those blades - haha. I loved my Perfecta's and still have two sets of Black ICM's (one new and one almost new) that (IMHO) had the better steel on them than the white ones.. but that's getting a bit off topic.

Saw the U+CL in person today and it looked really wide ?

I am currently in CCM U+09's and am looking to upgrade and since my current skates are pretty much a perfect fit for me in every way since day 1 I was thinking of continuing on in the same brand. However after seeing the CL in person it seemed very wide, or is this just me. (the display skate was an 8.5 D, I am in a 9.5 D). Have not had a chance to try it on and will most likely be purchasing within a month.

Also now that the skates have been released, any direct comparisons between the CL and the U+12?

The LHS did not have the 12's so I am curious to what the actual differences are?

Handling the CL it was a stiff boot, very thick comfy tongue, the outsole was different from other skates? (it kind of bubbles downward). The sole insert was thicker than my U+09's which I had replaced with superfeet. The interior of the boot was plump full of u-foam especially in the heel ankle area which would lead me to believe that the "lock" has been improved.

I'm still debating if I want to drop $600 on these or One100 skates, I tried them both on and the fit in both is good. Durability is my main concern, the past few pairs of Bauers have fallen apart rather quickly on me. I've never really had durability issues with CCM/Rbk so I'm leaning a little more towards the CLs.

One100 = thailand made 2008 nikebauer one95

U+ CL = relatively new skate made in canada

You'll feel less f*cked buying the ccm for sure. They are very different in terms of fit and feel on the ice. I'd personally rather go for the bauer mainly because of the fit and the tuuk.. but not at 600usd a pair.