Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

For all you dads out there

Coolest job in the world....

+1 Absolutely! :cool:

i will never succumb to minivandom.

I haven't either...I bought a Tahoe instead :laugh:

Haha, We almost went Mazda5, but backed out last second to Rondo, still nerdy family car, but no sliding doors!!! Thus avoiding my brothers rath for buying a mini van.

I'm 18 and drive one... :laugh:

Good for you. I just ditched mine for a car when it died. I miss the space, especially for gear and stuff. I could get my son's goalie bag, my bag, sticks etc in the back with no problem and still have room to spare. Now my hockey bag won't fit in my tiny trunk so it has to go in the back seat and I have to fold the seat down to put my sticks in the trunk.

Funny stuff.

I see a lot of my dad in there. Especially with the gas station sunglasses.

Sadly a little bit of myself. :laugh:

I'm 18 and drive one... :laugh:

Good for you. I just ditched mine for a car when it died. I miss the space, especially for gear and stuff. I could get my son's goalie bag, my bag, sticks etc in the back with no problem and still have room to spare. Now my hockey bag won't fit in my tiny trunk so it has to go in the back seat and I have to fold the seat down to put my sticks in the trunk.

Funny stuff.

I see a lot of my dad in there. Especially with the gas station sunglasses.

Sadly a little bit of myself. :laugh:

I just purchased a pair of $12 gas station glasses this weekend :) The more kids you have the more the video rings true...I'm 30 w/ 3 kids, I see some things already and some that will no doubt be in my future. Too funny, but all kidding aside becoming a Dad was the BEST thing that has or will happen in my life. They amaze me everyday!

Edit: double post.

I just purchased a pair of $12 gas station glasses this weekend :) The more kids you have the more the video rings true...I'm 30 w/ 3 kids, I see some things already and some that will no doubt be in my future. Too funny, but all kidding aside becoming a Dad was the BEST thing that has or will happen in my life. They amaze me everyday!

Edit: double post.

+1

Last weekend I let my daughter have a special dessert for picking up her room. Then she said to me " I love you all the way to the last number in the universe!"

+1

Last weekend I let my daughter have a special dessert for picking up her room. Then she said to me " I love you all the way to the last number in the universe!"

On my third pair of gas station glasses, though I bought them at an "upscale" rest station on Highway 400 which is on the way to Muskoka where all the stars are.....I have four of the little darlings and the other day, my oldest, who sent me the video pointed out that I am just like the dad with the mini-van. The goatee is outta here!

On my third pair of gas station glasses, though I bought them at an "upscale" rest station on Highway 400 which is on the way to Muskoka where all the stars are.....I have four of the little darlings and the other day, my oldest, who sent me the video pointed out that I am just like the dad with the mini-van. The goatee is outta here!

Awesome....

Gas station glasses - check.

Still working on the other parts. My lawn is a 4/10.

+1

Funny, my son told me he "loves me all the way to every planet and every star". Sometimes the argument about who loves the other one more goes back and forth until we agree that we both love each other equally.

On another day, after he was throwing a tantrum a day after I was yelling far too much, he told me that "he's a little guy and little guys copy big guys". He's right.

i will never succumb to minivandom.

Do you have kids ?

Once you do, and you realize how nice it is to be able to unload them without your door sticking out into traffic, and when you realize you don't have to worry about your kids denting your car or other cars in a tight parking lot, you might change your mind. I also appreciate not having to load my kids in the car because the step up into an SUV is too high.

My wife has a Mazda 5 (she loves it) and I drive an MDX. I gave my sister crap when she bought her Odyssey, but I can't tell you how many times I've borrowed it when I need to haul some stuff. The MDX just does not cut it for interior cargo space, being able to remove the seats in a minivan is awesome, and the Odyssey drives as nicely as the MDX. The Odyssey is also much more ergonomic and has better electronics even though the MDX was much more expensive, believe it or not.

Funny, my son told me he "loves me all the way to every planet and every star". Sometimes the argument about who loves the other one more goes back and forth until we agree that we both love each other equally.

On another day, after he was throwing a tantrum a day after I was yelling far too much, he told me that "he's a little guy and little guys copy big guys". He's right.

Do you have kids ?

Once you do, and you realize how nice it is to be able to unload them without your door sticking out into traffic, and when you realize you don't have to worry about your kids denting your car or other cars in a tight parking lot, you might change your mind. I also appreciate not having to load my kids in the car because the step up into an SUV is too high.

My wife has a Mazda 5 (she loves it) and I drive an MDX. I gave my sister crap when she bought her Odyssey, but I can't tell you how many times I've borrowed it when I need to haul some stuff. The MDX just does not cut it for interior cargo space, being able to remove the seats in a minivan is awesome, and the Odyssey drives as nicely as the MDX. The Odyssey is also much more ergonomic and has better electronics even though the MDX was much more expensive, believe it or not.

SUBURBAN

Do you have kids ?

You bring up some good points, my wife is pregnant right now with our first child and I've always wanted 2 kids (maybe 3 but, that would be the max). I never thought I'd ever get a van because I wouldn't really need to use the 3rd row of seats and would need more cargo space so I thought SUVs were in my future. But, the points about getting the kids in and out of vans vs. SUV makes a lot of sense, getting them to climb in or lifting them into the SUV could be a hassle and the sliding doors would be very helpful. I could also just drive around with the 3rd row seat removed most of the time and put them in when I need them.

You bring up some good points, my wife is pregnant right now with our first child and I've always wanted 2 kids (maybe 3 but, that would be the max). I never thought I'd ever get a van because I wouldn't really need to use the 3rd row of seats and would need more cargo space so I thought SUVs were in my future. But, the points about getting the kids in and out of vans vs. SUV makes a lot of sense, getting them to climb in or lifting them into the SUV could be a hassle and the sliding doors would be very helpful. I could also just drive around with the 3rd row seat removed most of the time and put them in when I need them.

never thought I would like a mvan but our Sienna is fantastic. Back row seats fold into the floor, great for transporting the dogs, etc....it's my second and last van as both of my kids are out of car seats for about a year or 2 now. Still love that we have 2 sliding doors and they still fight to go through one. referencing the post re:SUV vs MV. I looked at several SUV's and felt like I would need back surgery by the time my kids could get in and out by themselves due to the constant lifting and twisting.

Now I'm pretty sure that I'll probably buy one van in the future. I'm hoping that my kid end up liking hockey and play hockey, but even before he starts playing I think it'll be a pretty good hockey vehicle for myself for to and from my beer league games.

Now I'm pretty sure that I'll probably buy one van in the future. I'm hoping that my kid end up liking hockey and play hockey, but even before he starts playing I think it'll be a pretty good hockey vehicle for myself for to and from my beer league games.

For hockey gear they are the best and, if you fold down the rear seats, you can have a nap in the back of them. Not that I have done that.

For hockey gear they are the best and, if you fold down the rear seats, you can have a nap in the back of them. Not that I have done that.

I used to do that in my '86 Mustang hatchback.