Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theflash0000

Made in the USA/Made in Canada

RBK helmets are also made in Canada, some ccm helmets are too.

That would explain why Reebok helmets are so expensive compared to other brands.

C'mon, who really considers Mexico to be part of North America biggrin.gif?

made in mexico by mexicans in mexico, made in america by mexicans in america :)

I can respect that.

If it's North America, then I have to add to our list.

Sticks:

Kronik

Dolomite Spyne

Dolomite

Disher

KGB

AK27 Shaft

Dolomite Shaft

Abyss Goalie Stick

Woodrow goalie stick

C'mon, who really considers Mexico to be part of North America biggrin.gif?

made in mexico by mexicans in mexico, made in america by mexicans in america :)

Miseaujeu,

Do you have any info on the factory (or factories) that Warrior uses in Mexico? I know that Mexico is an important trade partner and I would definitely consider buying equipment manufactured there if I knew more about the working conditions, wages, etc. This is an issue I'm really trying to take seriously and as someone who is in the market for a new shaft within the next week or so, I'd like to be able to feel good about the decision. Thanks for your attention.

The factory in Mexico is owned by Warrior. not an OEM.

Just out of curiosity, what other equipment do you use and have you questioned those companies as well?

Yes, I'm trying to. My equipment is all over the place in terms of manufacturers. Only a few items are made in Canada, the rest are made in various countries, including China. The point of this thread and my post is that I'm going to make a serious effort to buy only made in USA/Canada equipment from now into the future. As a poster said above, I'm willing to pay a premium for such products. For some items, that might simply be impossible.

The reason for asking about the Warrior plant was not to attack the company. It was a genuine inquiry about their operations so that I can decide whether their product meets my ideals. I would be ecstatic to hear that Warrior employs sound labor practices because they made a great product and I'd love to be comfortable buying from them.

ak27 pro gloves for 2010 are made in Philippines, 09's were made in canada

A bit old, but is there a way to tell the difference between the 09 and 10 models? The liner in the ones I just bought seems to be the Warrior overseas liner, but Made in Canada/MIA is plastered all over them.

That would explain why Reebok helmets are so expensive compared to other brands.

Better question would be which helmets AREN'T made in Canada?

I'll be paying much more attention in the future to where my equipment is made when I pickup something new. Seeing as I only buy high end equipment, it'll be a good bet I'll be sticking with Reebok/CCM or Bauer for my needs. Most of their top end equipment is still made in Canada or the U.S. Although I like Easton I've noticed most of their equipment is " designed in Canada" but made abroad. I'd rather do my little bit to keep the jobs here in continental North America ( not including Mexico ) than feed the growing exodus of the manufacturing segment to foreign shores. We are starting to become too dependant on cheap labour abroad and are destroying opportunities for our future generations. We're slowly erroding our standard of living as well. Who's going to be able to afford these cheaply made goods when all the great paying full time jobs have disappeared and we're all working in low paying service industry jobs with no benefits?

To add to the "Mexico" list, when I ordered my Base stick I asked them where it was made, they said they have a small factory in Mexico. They have pictures of their factory/workers on their website, hard to tell how the workers are treated from the pictures though.

I had the chance to tour the Miken factory in Minnesota about 5 years back. We were focused on bat technology at the time, but just a really impressive small community factory. Start to finish in one place. Can't speak highly enough of the people there. I haven't had a chance to use one of their sticks yet (and wouldn't really know what to do with it anyway), but in the future I will.

I agree with you very much duch. Only problem is that there is very very little hockey equipment left that is made in either Canada or the US. Even a lot of the high end stuff bears the "Designed in Canada, Made in (insert favorite cheap labour Asian country here)" label. Kid on my sons team has U+CLs junior size and my son has U+12s. His dad and I were comparing skates. Because after I bought the U+12s I read in CCm's catalogue the U+CL junior sizes were made in Canada, unlike my sons. But his U+CLs had the same "Designed in Canada, Made in...." label as my sons.

It gets even tougher when you live in a state where actually putting your hands on gear befor you purchase it can sometimes be very difficult.

If you guys can find it... There was a quick segment with Heidi Androl (on Fox Sports West) going to the Easton stick factory in Mexico to make Ryan Getzlaf's stick. It was interesting to see.

Looks like my next pair of skates will be Reebok if they are the only ones still Canadian made. I really don't have a problem with that.