Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Correct, you quoted a post where someone mentioned how Tron equates a single stick line to two Bauer lines that are distinctly different and countered with, "Well, Bauer uses hype and may exaggerate in their marketing." This is known as deflecting. You are avoiding addressing the Tron inconsistencies. Sure, it works well in political campaigns but not so well around these parts.

If I call you a liar then your defense shouldn't be, "well, that other guy cheats on his taxes." It does nothing to refute the original statement.

• Like 1

Correct, you quoted a post where someone mentioned how Tron equates a single stick line to two Bauer lines that are distinctly different and countered with, "Well, Bauer uses hype and may exaggerate in their marketing." This is known as deflecting. You are avoiding addressing the Tron inconsistencies. Sure, it works well in political campaigns but not so well around these parts.

If I call you a liar then your defense shouldn't be, "well, that other guy cheats on his taxes." It does nothing to refute the original statement.

So why just trash Tron and not Bauer if they are both guilty?

If we were in the "Bauer exaggerates and overhypes in their marketing" thread then you can have at it. However, the main topic in this thread is the practices of Hockey Tron and that is where the focus of the discussion lies.

The Bauer Vapor 1X Grip Hockey Stick is the premier model in the new Vapor Line. This 1X features all of Bauer's premier technologies and materials, including a completely redesigned QRT Taper that loads 20% faster and recoils 28% faster than the previous APX2. Translation: the Vapor 1X's innovative taper offers the quickest shot release from Bauer to date. The Senior Stick length is 60" and is available in 77, 87, 95 and 102 flex with a grip stick finish.

Ok....Do you know what Bauers premier technologies and materials are? Can you prove that it loads 20% faster and recoils 28% faster? Innovative taper (a bit vague?) Quickest shot release from Bauer to date. Are you sure?

My point is it is ALL marketing BS. Like the way Bauer markets their different lines of skates to different "styles" of players. If it makes you feel better to spend more and label shop that's cool, just don't belittle the alternatives especially if you have never owned one.

Not trying to gang up on you however when you spend $260+ on a top of the line stick you're paying for more then the stick. So when Bauer makes the claims that the stick loads 20% faster and recoils 28% faster than the APX2 I am willing to bet that some of the $260 I spent on that stick went to the R&D for them to measure those facts. Now will the average beer leaguer be able to tell that it loads 20% faster and recoils 28% faster probably not, but I am still think Bauer or whichever company put money in to test what they are saying.

If we were in the "Bauer exaggerates and overhypes in their marketing" thread then you can have at it. However, the main topic in this thread is the practices of Hockey Tron and that is where the focus of the discussion lies.

Deflection?

This statement is becoming difficult to believe.

Really? If you can find any connection other than being a customer I will buy you a stick of your choice. Care to put up a stick to me if you can't?

Not trying to gang up on you however when you spend $260+ on a top of the line stick you're paying for more then the stick. So when Bauer makes the claims that the stick loads 20% faster and recoils 28% faster than the APX2 I am willing to bet that some of the $260 I spent on that stick went to the R&D for them to measure those facts. Now will the average beer leaguer be able to tell that it loads 20% faster and recoils 28% faster probably not, but I am still think Bauer or whichever company put money in to test what they are saying.

A well thought out, intelligent response.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Deflection?

Answer.

So why just trash Tron and not Bauer if they are both guilty?

Nobody is trying to convince you that you shouldn't like Hockey Tron, they are simply stating the reasons they do not like the company, its products or practices. If you like the product and it works for you, fantastic. The products that I have tried, did not work for me and I have serious ethical issues with the way they do business. Your account was registered more than 7 years ago. In that time you should have seen a number of criticisms of the way products are marketed, including some by Bauer.

What have you purchased from Tron? Please give us a review of items bought

Thanks

I haven't purchased anything from TRON. Nor would I as long as I play hockey. Simply because I just don't like their brand image and product background. I have however used a few of their high end sticks and as stated before, found them to be dead to the feel of a puck, heavy, un balanced and IMO cheap and nasty. I've grown up playing with composite and have experimented with almost every OPS on the market. TRON is by far the worst OPS I've ever skated with. Very disappointing product.

They have good deals on brand name closeout items from time to time. Count me as one who will never buy their Tron branded product, however.

Edited by ntwusc

Nobody is trying to convince you that you shouldn't like Hockey Tron, they are simply stating the reasons they do not like the company, its products or practices. If you like the product and it works for you, fantastic. The products that I have tried, did not work for me and I have serious ethical issues with the way they do business. Your account was registered more than 7 years ago. In that time you should have seen a number of criticisms of the way products are marketed, including some by Bauer.

My defending of Tron was simply an effort to see how many people actually bought and tried a Tron product or were just simply jumping on the "trash" Tron bandwagon. I would say it was 50/50. I only own one Tron Product. That is a TronX Tesla stick. That is only one of 8 sticks that I own and use including CCM, Bauer and Sherwood. My protective gear is a mixed bag of Bauer,CCM and Sherwood and I use Graf skates. I have absolutely no problem with anyone hating a product or company if they have actually tried and used the company's product. The ethical issue is another story

• Like 1

My defending of Tron was simply an effort to see how many people actually bought and tried a Tron product or were just simply jumping on the "trash" Tron bandwagon.

Inquiry is one thing, proselytizing quite another.

Really? With tron being literally 5 minutes from our rink there's a lot of guys in tron socks and carrying tron bags. Both are full of holes for everyone I see with them. They're SO THIN.

I'm sure most of you have seen the other tron thread by now and have seen my experience with them. No point in going into that again.

If you don't have holes in your socks you aren't playing hard enough. If your bag looks new your aren't playing enough

Inquiry is one thing, proselytizing quite another.

So true...not sure what that has to do with my posts though. I am just asking how can you trash the product without trying it.

If you don't have holes in your socks you aren't playing hard enough. If your bag looks new your aren't playing enough

Not a very good way to justify poor quality gear.

So true...not sure what that has to do with my posts though. I am just asking how can you trash the product without trying it.

In most cases, its not the product we're trashing.

@orelayer: I am sincerly not trying to pile on here, but just read through the thread, man. All of the answers you want are in there. I can appreciate that you may not want to read through it because it just goes around and around, but we're starting to trend that way again...

• Like 1

Not a very good way to justify poor quality gear.

In most cases, its not the product we're trashing.

Likewise not a good reason to dis it either

@orelayer: I am sincerly not trying to pile on here, but just read through the thread, man. All of the answers you want are in there. I can appreciate that you may not want to read through it because it just goes around and around, but we're starting to trend that way again...

point taken

Likewise not a good reason to dis it either

Well that's certainly not true. Products falling apart very quickly due to poor construction is absolutely a good reason to dis them.

Interesting, since the Bauer socks I received from last year's Summer Jam are still hole-free, just like the CCM bag I received from a friend about 6 years ago.

Interesting, since the Bauer socks I received from last year's Summer Jam are still hole-free, just like the CCM bag I received from a friend about 6 years ago.

Amazing

You must be a REALLY lazy player ;)