Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Warrior Catalogue

2011 Warrior Player Catalogue

2011 Warrior Goal Catalogue

Sticks - new tech for Warrior in the stick department - a very aggressive flex profile - in the Widow and Diablo. The Widow uses their True1 process, and includes a 12" taper - the premise behind the technology is to make the stick stiff in the hands and extremely flexy down low. The blade wrap is also new - they have added a Kevlar stitch for torsional strength.

The Diablo features a toned-down Dagger Taper (8") and is a tad heavier. Standard wrap on the blade.

The rest of the sticks carry over from Holiday 2010 with the exception of the Esquire, which is their new entry-level composite stick.

Gloves -

Three lines of gloves, all distinct - the Flow series is their contoured glove, and a completely new line for 2011. The top glove is the Luxe, which is primarily Tufftek, but borrows the Bone System concept from the Projekt in the middle of the backroll, and is raised to deflect impact. Surge and Burn are downspec'd versions.

The Evo series are the traditional models - Franchise/Bonafide/Bully, and the Speed series are the Projekt and Koncept, all unchanged from 2010.

Protective- the same nomenclature carries to the protective. The EVO series replaces the old Hustler/Method line; the new Franchise set is lighter than the Hustler and features a redesigned shoulder cap design and has floating Bone System (protection tech from Projekt glove) in the sternum and spine. The elbow pad is a 3-piece pad, with an elbow cradle to hold the pad in place and a sling strap system.

Speed is the Projekt/Koncept from last year.

Franchise pant has also been tweaked for 2011 - the major change being that it has more of a forward lean from the previous pant.

Helmets - nice teaser on the back page. All I am allowed to say at this point is that it is interesting.

I'd like to thank Warrior for showing me the line at their corporate headquarters earlier last month. I was not told that the Dolomite was set to be discontinued - I am sure Keith will answer any and all questions that you may have in this thread.

I'll have netminder32 cover the goal part.

It looks like the Luxe will be customizable as well. To someone who has been able to try the Luxe, how similar in fit is it to the AK27? Similar concept?

I also like the varying options on the customized striping on the Franchise pants.

Are we looking at an April-ish release date for the new stuff?

The helmet, at least from the sketches, looks like a cross of the Easont S19 and the Mission NME.

The helmet, at least from the sketches, looks like a cross of the Easont S19 and the Mission NME.

= sick, helmet does look good, same with the luxe gloves cant wait to get my hands on it

What are we looking at for a MSRP of the Luxe?

Is the "Smart Palm" really worth it? Is it any better than a normal "micronash" or "performance" palm?

Thanks for uploading the catalogue. I've been looking forward to this one.

Very glad to see that the new Widow and Diablo will be offered in a longer length... I would still have to add 2-2.5 inches to the sticks to get to my desired lenth, but the longer from the factory the better!!!

A little disappointed that there are no 110-flex options on anything in the new OPS line... Also disappointed no mid/high end OPS with a linear flex profile like the Spyne had last year. I can use 100-flex linear flexes or 110-flex precisions but do not prefer 100-flex precision's as much...

Still exicted to pick-up a new Dagger profile stick to see how it feels... Also excited on the new Luxe glove and protection...

Well done Warrior, happy to see you advancing as always...

The video they shot was even better - you definitely see the differences.

Can you poste URL of the Video - or upload the file here into the Downloads Category

I'm pretty excited for Warrior this year after looking over the catalog. The widow looks really interesting to try but I'm liking everything. Only catalog that got me pumped up for new equipment, all the other one's were..meh.

Pretty disappointed to not see a 75 flex widow.

I use SR 75 dolomites... at winterfest I used a 55 flex INT. I HATE intermediates for the torque on the blade. I will say I was pleasantly surprised, and begged keith not to take it away from me. I also cut my sr 75s like 6", so they get pretty stiff. despite my predispositions and preferences, I was quite content with the way the 55 accepted and gave passes, as well as shot. It was a liiiittle softer than I'd hope for. With that in mind, I'd love to try a 70 and see how that feels, that's probably what I'd buy at retail... but I'd certainly have used the 55 happily if i could have kept it.

keep an open mind, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the intermediate feels.

I believe I was told the intermediate was like $200US +/- $10 (with that in mind, i'd be nervous taking someones word for it)

Well I got about 2 shifts with one of the 70 flex widows and didnt really do anything while on the ice to get a feel for the stick. My only complaint about no 75 flex would be no chance to try the gionta since 85s are too stiff.