Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chi_hawks27

Patrick Kane stick

Yes, a modified P10

Yes, it is basically a closed P10. In the 80's and early 90's, most blades were closed and had gentle mid-curves. It amazes me that no company produces a curve with these characteristics. This is why you see so many older guys on MSH asking about the P10 and Shanahan curves.

I should specify though, that the orginal Shanahan was closed. There is a lot of confusion on the boards about that. The original Shanahan was the successor of the Easton Suter.

That is actually a decent curve. Too bad it's Kane's.

A dbag for sure, but just think of it as the Shanny, basically the same thing :)

No, its just rubbed with a puck. I don't know why I do it, just a habit I guess.

Is that 3M tape? Looks super thin.

A dbag for sure, but just think of it as the Shanny, basically the same thing :)

Is that 3M tape? Looks super thin.

Good eye.. yes it is, and its awful. Not only is it really thin it leaves a ton of residue too when you goto retape.. never again.. ill be back to Renfrew.

Good eye.. yes it is, and its awful. Not only is it really thin it leaves a ton of residue too when you goto retape.. never again.. ill be back to Renfrew.

Yup, I always used Refrew, tried 3M once, thin garbage, never again!

I'm surprised that he uses 107s, does anyone know if that's his typical flex?

I think so, you can see here that he gets very little flex on his slapper:

Sorry to bump this old thread, but didn't really want to start a new one because of this:

What Warrior's retail curve is the closest to Kaner's curve? Kovalchuk?

Sorry to bump this old thread, but didn't really want to start a new one because of this:

What Warrior's retail curve is the closest to Kaner's curve? Kovalchuk?

I would have to say Warriors kovulchuk comes the closest to the retail P88. And how could u hate kaner, probably the sickest paws in the league. he puts nasty sauce on every other pass too, i need that curve so badly now. damn, i just cannot use Bauer sticks. I'm also liking the length of the blade; explains the sauce and that nasty backhand.

I would have to say Warriors kovulchuk comes the closest to the retail P88. And how could u hate kaner, probably the sickest paws in the league. he puts nasty sauce on every other pass too, i need that curve so badly now. damn, i just cannot use Bauer sticks. I'm also liking the length of the blade; explains the sauce and that nasty backhand.

Except his curve is completely different than the retail Bauer curve.

What Warrior's retail curve is the closest to Kaner's curve?

His actual curve or the retail curve with his name on it?

Except his curve is completely different than the retail Bauer curve.

well ya, i thought i made that clear by putting "retail" in there....any idea if BASE can make a custom copy of the patrick kane pro stock pattern?I'm on their site and nothing I see comes close to the pro Kane curve. Was Bure ever using this curve? this is also a the first time I've heard of a W88, excited to check it out.

His actual curve or the retail curve with his name on it?

His actual curve. I'm looking for a new stick and would love to try something like that, I don't like open curves and Kane's curve looks pretty much perfect. I've never seen W88 with my own eyes, so does anyone have any pictures? It's like Gionta, but without that little toe hook, right?

went down to the store and compared the P88 to the W88 Zetterberg and snapped a couple of pics for you guys. I think they are identical and If i were to be really picky, maybe the W88 curves closer to the heel. The sticks were a ONE60 and a Dynasty. IMG_2922.jpgIMG_2923.jpgIMG_2924.jpg