Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

History Channel...

Any other history nerds out there really annoyed with the rotation of shows playing on History channel?

Seems that every other show is either about Nostradamus, Hitler, The Mayan Calendar or another Apocalyptical scenario...

This apocalyptic nonsense isn't History at all. They should lessen their focus on this shit, less on the World Wars too and branch out to other time periods. Medieval? renaissance?

This apocalyptic nonsense isn't History at all. They should lessen their focus on this shit, less on the World Wars too and branch out to other time periods. Medieval? renaissance?

I agree 100%. It's really annoying. And WTF does "Axe Men" have to do with History? They only play actual history documentaries during the day it seems. Hopefully after 2012 when we realize the world isn't going to end — they'll move onto better programming more on track with actual History.

i used to just call it the hilter channel - although lately they have come up with some other shows but im not quite sure how they are "history" shows like swamp loggers or ax men

i used to just call it the hilter channel - although lately they have come up with some other shows but im not quite sure how they are "history" shows like swamp loggers or ax men

or Pawn Stars...that's the most retarded show ever that's not named Jersey Shore.

They get better ratings with those shows than with the historical stuff they used to show. Nobody will admit to it, but more people watch crap.

They get better ratings with those shows than with the historical stuff they used to show. Nobody will admit to it, but more people watch crap.

I guess you're right. I change the channel every time those shows come on.

Pawn stars and American pickers are all about historic items and documents..

History channel is the reason for the experts coming in, they wanted some historical content to the show. For what it's worth, the store is tiny and way dirtier than it looks on TV.

Oh I know I've been there, but watch both simply bc I love to see random old shit. Also pawn stars is hilarious cuz chum and hoss are so morbidly obese its kind of funny in a sad way, especially if they try stuff and they can't use it cuz there too fat or stupid.

I usually switch between History, Discovery, or Science Channels. I agree that it seems like half of the shows on are about the end of the world. Ha. I wish they would play Pawn Stars, Mythbusters, or How It's Made 90% of the time. (I know they just had a How's It's Made like 5 day marathon.)

They get by with new crap with their "history is made everyday" slogan. Lets face it, reality TV makes money and that's what they're in for.

We use to do toms of shoots for History Channel productions, it's teetered out a lot. Nat Geo seems to be picking up the slack.

or Pawn Stars...that's the most retarded show ever that's not named Jersey Shore.

WHAT!!?? I love Pawn Stars... :(

Yes, Jersey Shore is the most retarded show...

Pawn stars is pretty interesting. American pickers is also interesting. I spend a lot of time on A&E watching the First 48 as well. The other one that is somewhat interesting is that locker wars where they bid on unpaid lockers at storage units.

I'm going to throw in one other mention here. I have a strange attraction to watching Cops. I will submit that there is nothing better than watching some nitwit get tased. I've never seen a tasing I didn't like.

I'm going to throw in one other mention here. I have a strange attraction to watching Cops. I will submit that there is nothing better than watching some nitwit get tased. I've never seen a tasing I didn't like.

yes cops is great... but the new cop show to watch is the first 48 on A&E it has more suspense and you get to see stupid criminals!

Try being a food junkie. You think HX channel is bad try food network night time. Thank god for public broadcasting and the cooking channel.