Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

History Channel...

You guys change the channel from NHL Network????

You can only watch NHL's 10 min broadcast of NHL On the Fly so many times.

yes cops is great... but the new cop show to watch is the first 48 on A&E it has more suspense and you get to see stupid criminals!

I love the First 48. Another one that's a little like cops is Police Women of Cincinnati. I like that one because I live in Cincy and like watching local idiots do stupid things in places I recognize. But it's pretty entertaining even if you don't live here. I can't remember what channel it's on right now, but it's Thursdays @ 9pm EST I believe.

vent: Pawn stars is horrible, what person in their right mind brings a professional in to appraise everything their going to buy. Real pawn shops will go to the computer do some googlin and then rip you off. There's a pawn shop show on true tv (forget what its called) but people come in with normal things like tvs/boom boxes/guitars/jewelry etc, and they just rip them off. Every time I watch pawn stars I feel like I'm watching antiques road show, its just terrible.

by the way the first 48 as mentioned is awesome.

vent: Pawn stars is horrible, what person in their right mind brings a professional in to appraise everything their going to buy.

That's the deal they have with the history channel. No experts, no TV show.

vent: Pawn stars is horrible, what person in their right mind brings a professional in to appraise everything their going to buy. Real pawn shops will go to the computer do some googlin and then rip you off. There's a pawn shop show on true tv (forget what its called) but people come in with normal things like tvs/boom boxes/guitars/jewelry etc, and they just rip them off. Every time I watch pawn stars I feel like I'm watching antiques road show, its just terrible.

by the way the first 48 as mentioned is awesome.

I think you mean Hardcore Pawn. It's the show with the pawn shop from Detroit.

Hardcore Pawn is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I'd much rather watch something entertaining like Pawn Stars instead of seeing what "really" happens in a pawn shop. I could go to the bad side of town and watch people sell VCRs and tape players, sounds like fun to me. :rolleyes:

Hardcore Pawn is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I'd much rather watch something entertaining like Pawn Stars instead of seeing what "really" happens in a pawn shop. I could go to the bad side of town and watch people sell VCRs and tape players, sounds like fun to me. :rolleyes:

It's fun because you get to see the crazy people from Detroit. :laugh:

The thing is it really comes down to stock footage. You can assemble entire shows using stock footage from WW2 or Vietnam, which costs very little to make. When A&E has to make something about a period of time from which there is no stock footage it becomes a great deal more expensive. You have to get props made, bring in experts to make sure the props are accurate, hire actors, film crews, and everything else that goes into making an actual TV show. That's a lot more expensive than throwing a few interview segments in between large sections of stock footage. The other reality shows like Pawn Stars are also a lot cheaper to make than actually doing a doco on say Medieval warfare.

It's fun because you get to see the crazy people from Detroit. :laugh:

Just got addicted to hardcore pawn...i feel like its like a healthy mix of pawn stars, cops and jersey shore smashed into one show

Just got addicted to hardcore pawn...i feel like its like a healthy mix of pawn stars, cops and jersey shore smashed into one show

Unless there are STD's running rampant in the Pawn Shop, then it is nothing like Jersey Shore.

You can only watch NHL's 10 min broadcast of NHL On the Fly so many times.

That and NHL Live and Powerplay are boring as hell. I remember when it was Gretz's birthday all they did on those shows was keep saying, "omg it's his birthday!"

I love the History Channel and I see that some of you guys can't stand seeing the World War II stuff but it's my favorite part of history so I enjoy all the Nazi/Hitler shows. Speaking of which I am watching 'Valkyrie: Plot to kill Hitler' on it right now lol.