Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elpresidente99

Custom Glove Gallery (questions and answers)

Is the kovalchuk cuff the same as the blooming cuff, but on the underside it has a piece or two that fold with ur wrist? Like my reebok here.

I think I'd like that better than the hossa. The hossa digs in my wrist and pinches between it and elbow pad.

5FFC0DC3-6AC9-4855-9743-43CA207A3679-686

That piece with the 7000 bends with ur wrist.

There are pictures of the different cuffs on the previous page...

The Kovalchuk cuff is more mobile than the Hossa.

Is the kovalchuk cuff the same as the blooming cuff, but on the underside it has a piece or two that fold with ur wrist? Like my reebok here.

I think I'd like that better than the hossa. The hossa digs in my wrist and pinches between it and elbow pad.

That piece with the 7000 bends with ur wrist.

I have two pairs of Franchises, one with the Hossa and one with the Kovalchuk cuffs.

Honestly, there hasn't been any "breaking in" with the Hossas. It's just a tighter fitting short cuff. I haven't had any discomfort though, but I prefer the Kovalchuk mobility.

Still would like to know if the front/top side of kovalchuk is the same as the regularl franchise. Also, are the Bauer 4 roll pro and wide/normal franchise similar in width?

I bought my franchises with the kovalchuck cuffs last year and the outside (top of the hand) is like the new blooming cuff you posted where its a little more ergonomically cut. the biggest difference is the part around the wrist, thats like the luxe gloves. I can move my wrist 100% and the glove doesnt inhibit any movement.

DO0Ln6z.jpg?1

Edited by Souldriver

Hi there,

I will preface this comment by saying that I have not read every single post in the thread.

That said I would be interested in anybody providing a list or retailers who would be willing to take an order for a pair of custom gloves.

I live in a major city in Canada and there are lots of hockey stores here, but whenever you talk to retailers it seems they either are ignorant of what can be done regarding custom work, or they have no interest. Now before anybody decides to tell me I am being unreasonable I will also add that there are two things I have always allowed for. Number one I am willing to pay extra for custom gloves so price is not the issue, and number two I do not expect that the gloves will be made yesterday so to speak. I do expect to know what can and can not be done when paying in the neighborhood of $300 or above for said gloves. I can't imagine going to a tailor on Savile Row and having him tell me well just live with it and stop being a Diva. Although good service is something I would hope for regardless of money involved, it certainly should be provided if a consumer is going to pay a premium for merchandise. To add to that one should expect to pay a premium if they expect to be shown consideration by the retailer. Simply put it goes both ways.

I know that Easton did offer a package through PSHG called "the Works" but that appears not to be available, and I am not even sure if PSHG is doing business even if their website is still active. Since I am only looking for a single pair I presume Eagle, Easton, and Warrior are my choices.

Finally as a mention I would be interested in any of these N.H.L. colourways in the following models in a "stock" pro stock glove if you can understand my thought process (since CCM and Reebok will not do one pair of gloves to my knowledge). I would however like the gloves to be new if anybody might have a pair for sale.

CCM CS400 or Crazy Light 14" - New York Rangers or San Jose Sharks

Reebok 9k/11k (whatever the prostock version is) 14" - New York Rangers or San Jose Sharks

Thanks, ChampagneSupernova

I've had great experiences with source for sports in terms of willingness to order in custom specs for me, it might be worth giving them a shot if there's one in your city.

In terms of customs, warrior and eagle are pretty much your only option, as I think Easton scrapped the one off custom orders.

Eagle is much more flexible in terms of what can and can't be done to the glove in terms of custom options (material depending) simply by emailing their contact us address and talking it over with one of their reps. I'm planning to do a pair of eagles soon and cuffs logos finger lengths embroidery and colours not on the customizer can all be modified. Obviously there will be a slight up charge depending on the work, but as you said for customs it's worth it.

From what I know about warrior, the only major thing that you can customize apart from colour and layout of colours is the cuff that you use (standard, blooming, savard, kovy and anisimov I believe) also keep in mind that warrior will probably be much busier than eagle as more pro and college teams use their products so they will obviously be priority.

All in all talking with the companies about specifics will be your best bet, I'm just going off what I've seen on here and custom gloves that people I know have gotten done.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for!

Hi there,

I will preface this comment by saying that I have not read every single post in the thread.

That said I would be interested in anybody providing a list or retailers who would be willing to take an order for a pair of custom gloves.

I live in a major city in Canada and there are lots of hockey stores here, but whenever you talk to retailers it seems they either are ignorant of what can be done regarding custom work, or they have no interest. Now before anybody decides to tell me I am being unreasonable I will also add that there are two things I have always allowed for. Number one I am willing to pay extra for custom gloves so price is not the issue, and number two I do not expect that the gloves will be made yesterday so to speak. I do expect to know what can and can not be done when paying in the neighborhood of $300 or above for said gloves. I can't imagine going to a tailor on Savile Row and having him tell me well just live with it and stop being a Diva. Although good service is something I would hope for regardless of money involved, it certainly should be provided if a consumer is going to pay a premium for merchandise. To add to that one should expect to pay a premium if they expect to be shown consideration by the retailer. Simply put it goes both ways.

I know that Easton did offer a package through PSHG called "the Works" but that appears not to be available, and I am not even sure if PSHG is doing business even if their website is still active. Since I am only looking for a single pair I presume Eagle, Easton, and Warrior are my choices.

Finally as a mention I would be interested in any of these N.H.L. colourways in the following models in a "stock" pro stock glove if you can understand my thought process (since CCM and Reebok will not do one pair of gloves to my knowledge). I would however like the gloves to be new if anybody might have a pair for sale.

CCM CS400 or Crazy Light 14" - New York Rangers or San Jose Sharks

Reebok 9k/11k (whatever the prostock version is) 14" - New York Rangers or San Jose Sharks

Thanks, ChampagneSupernova

Maybe this will interest you enough to place a bid. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-Stock-New-York-Rangers-Franchise-Advanced-Hockey-Gloves-14-Anisimov-Cuff-/131059138820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e83bbc104&_uhb=1

If you haven't already done so, visit the Warrior website and customize a glove from scratch and go through some of the options the offer.

I've had great experiences with source for sports in terms of willingness to order in custom specs for me, it might be worth giving them a shot if there's one in your city.

In terms of customs, warrior and eagle are pretty much your only option, as I think Easton scrapped the one off custom orders.

Eagle is much more flexible in terms of what can and can't be done to the glove in terms of custom options (material depending) simply by emailing their contact us address and talking it over with one of their reps. I'm planning to do a pair of eagles soon and cuffs logos finger lengths embroidery and colours not on the customizer can all be modified. Obviously there will be a slight up charge depending on the work, but as you said for customs it's worth it.

From what I know about warrior, the only major thing that you can customize apart from colour and layout of colours is the cuff that you use (standard, blooming, savard, kovy and anisimov I believe) also keep in mind that warrior will probably be much busier than eagle as more pro and college teams use their products so they will obviously be priority.

All in all talking with the companies about specifics will be your best bet, I'm just going off what I've seen on here and custom gloves that people I know have gotten done.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for!

Hey,

Thanks for your message.

I will keep in mind what you said about both Eagle and Warrior. Particularly about what physical changes can be done to the glove. The stock gloves I mentioned (stock models in N.H.L. colours) both fit fine and would work as is, although I would consider having somebody do some mods for me. Part of the reason I do not just buy those gloves at a basic retail level is that I outside of a solid black I do not like how they design the colours. Frankly I think most of the designers for hockey equipment should be fired. You can talk to me about marketing all you want I think equipment generally looks terrible. Another way of looking at it is that the N.H.L. are quite intelligent in limiting the amount of times you can put a brand or logo on a piece of equipment that is visible. You would think designers would pick up on the desire to purchase pro stock but they likely look at it as a supply side argument. Anyways ...

There is a Source for Sports in town so I will give them a call and see what they say, and will look at contacting both respective companies.

Thanks, CS

Maybe this will interest you enough to place a bid. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-Stock-New-York-Rangers-Franchise-Advanced-Hockey-Gloves-14-Anisimov-Cuff-/131059138820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e83bbc104&_uhb=1

If you haven't already done so, visit the Warrior website and customize a glove from scratch and go through some of the options the offer.

Hi there,

Thanks for the link. I have seen those gloves before and while I like the idea to an extent it would not be exactly what I want in a cuff. What I think might do the trick is the cuff that was on the Warrior Projekt (website link interestingly enough from MSH):

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/53950-warrior-projekt-glove/

It's too bad that they do not to my knowledge do this glove for a custom order. I did like the cuff on that glove. If Warrior could do that glove for a custom I would have a pair made (once again to my knowledge this glove was only made overseas) but using a different model with that cuff would likely fit the bill.

By the way I do realize that the Anisimov is pretty much the same style cuff as the CCM glove I mentioned in my original post but I prefer how the CCM feels in comparison with the Warrior.

First pair of customs just arrived yesterday...

-Main Color: Red Tufftek

-Carbon Cuff: White

-Warrior Print: Black w/ Red Outline

-Striping

-White Carbon Pinky

-Golden Yellow Carbon Middle Stripe

-Hossa Cuff

-Size: 13N

-Thumb Logo: White Carbon with Yellow Outline

-VA80 w/ Pro Pack and Lock Thumb

-T-BONE on Cuff (white)

-43 on thumb (red matching)

-Silvershield

Thanks to Joe Monteith (ordered through IceWarehouse)

13D37F1B-E7EE-4236-8874-1B25B6A6B679_zps

Hi all. Been trying to find out which type of Warrior glove I should consider looking at if I like the Bauer x60s/newer Apx gloves. I like the tight fit in the fingers and more wrist mobility. Any suggestions? Thanks..

Curious. It seems like maybe there's no "true" clone to the x60/Apx. I do like the tons of options to choose from, but I'm a little overwhelmed not knowing what to pick..

The closest Warrior gloves to the Bauer X60/APX gloves will be the Luxe or the Covert DT1 as Souldriver already suggested. You'll just have to go retail or pro stock with those as they aren't available in the customizer.

If you call warrior they have a limited customized for the luxe, they may have updated it for the dt1s but I'm not sure. It was a much more stripped down (zone 1 is color x, zone 2 is color y) type ordeal but it may be able to get the job done.

If you're overwhelmed go to a LHS and ask.about the tapered gloves as it seems you prefer that fit and just try them on. If you're feeling adventurous try the 4 rolls and such as well. I used to be a size 14 and loved the tapereds, but I tried the wider/normal width warrior franchises in 13 and.they got much better. Used to think my glove getting stuck on the stick when I went to go grab a puck was normal but man, these are just so much free-er.

Edited by Souldriver

From what I'm told Warrior is expanding their "customizable" gloves in Jan. 2014. Gonna sit tight for a few weeks and see what models they offer then (crossing fingers for Luxe and dt1)...

I can only go by what Joe told me. I'm interested in a customized pair of DT1s, if no go I'll consider a narrow pair of franchises. I'll dig around again sometime in Jan. and see what the word is. Makes total sense that they expand their customized line given how much they could make per pair...