Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elpresidente99

Custom Glove Gallery (questions and answers)

Also, kinda cool. Joe and I were talking about some other color options and i asked about the winter classic dark brown tufftek and ^^he said they have a little left, enough for a glove :-)

Which cuff is the most similar to the bauer 4 Roll pro. Doeas anybody who have savard or hossa cuffs, please can make detail photos from the cuffs.

I just saw at the new Luxe Glove i think that cuff would be great on a franchise.

Greezt

Edited by elpresidente99

Also, kinda cool. Joe and I were talking about some other color options and i asked about the winter classic dark brown tufftek and ^^he said they have a little left, enough for a glove :-)

do it!!! you'll be en envy of everybody here! :)

Hmmmm... interesting. When I'd emailed back and forth with Joe about doing some other gloves he referred to these as having the twist cuff... maybe Draper uses a longer version of the twist? I do really like the wrist protection with these gloves. My 2nd pair of Draper Franchises is on the way and due to arrive on Monday. This is the only picture of them that I have (when I get them if they're different than my current ones I'll post more pics):

draper%20warriors%20set%202.jpg

Hmmmm... interesting. When I'd emailed back and forth with Joe about doing some other gloves he referred to these as having the twist cuff... maybe Draper uses a longer version of the twist? I do really like the wrist protection with these gloves. My 2nd pair of Draper Franchises is on the way and due to arrive on Monday. This is the only picture of them that I have (when I get them if they're different than my current ones I'll post more pics):

draper%20warriors%20set%202.jpg

Where'd you get these Drapers?

Where'd you get these Drapers?

1st pair with all the pics and MIA thumb logo came from a guy that somehow had a team connection I guess. 2nd pair with the Warrior thumb logo is due to arrive to me on Monday came from a guy on another site... not sure where he got them from to begin with.

Edited by Too Old

It's funny what you guys are calling 'Hossa cuff' and 'Savard cuff' because it's simply a one piece cuff with a shortened underside. No real mystique about it. The irony in all of this is when I would get Eagle customs done I'd call it the 'Derek Morris cuff' because it's how he'd always get his CP94's done. LOL

This was the last pair I had done, right before Eagle was sold. Notice the shortened underside. They actually attached a small piece of elastic to hold the two pieces together for me on the underside.

DSC03028.jpg

Of all the gloves I have owned, none beat the wrist mobility of this pair of Eagle Nick Schultz pro gloves. Even the custom gloves above can't hold a candle to these in terms of mobility and comfort. Looks like a non descript cuff, but it blooms in a way that no other pair of gloves I own do. Add in the digital palms and they are also my favorite pair of gloves I own, bar none.

schltz_ppf.jpg

Hossa's cuff is exactly as you say, a one piece with and shortened or undercut underside. The Savard, which is identical to a Morris (I've had both), is the same thing without the shortened underside.

It's funny what you guys are calling 'Hossa cuff' and 'Savard cuff' because it's simply a one piece cuff with a shortened underside. No real mystique about it. The irony in all of this is when I would get Eagle customs done I'd call it the 'Derek Morris cuff' because it's how he'd always get his CP94's done. LOL

It's what Warrior calls it actually.

The Hossa cuff and the Savard cuff are two different cuffs.

This is the Savard, because it is actually a pair of Savard's gloves:

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0609-2.jpg

and ironically (since you used that word), here is the same cuff on a pair of Derek Morris's gloves. Savard's actual cuff is slightly shorter than Morris's, but it is the same cuff design.

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

Whatever Warrior actually calls it, what I can tell you is that if you contact Joe from Warrior and tell him that you want the Savard or the Hossa, he knows exactly what you're talking about. And the Hossa is different. Uclahockey707 has that one on his Red Franchises. The major difference is on the inside of the wrist.

Edited by Gr8erade

couldn't you just send a picture of your Schultz gloves to Eagle to get this cuff?

Indeed

It's what Warrior calls it actually.

Oh yeah, I get that. My point is, I was musing that I'm not quite sure where along the way it became Hossas signature cuff because guys have been doing variations of it for ages. Truth be told, the one piece cuff doesn't really lend itself to any additional wrist mobility. IMO, it sort of limits it. It's really all about the length of the underside cuff, and additionally, if the palm is contoured.

@Gra8erade. Yes, I know. But thank you for the explanation! You do realize Morris used Eagle gloves long before he ever used Warrior, right? :facepalm:

Edited by halfmoonyote

Indeed

Oh yeah, I get that. My point is, I was musing that I'm not quite sure where along the way it became Hossas signature cuff because guys have been doing variations of it for ages. Truth be told, the one piece cuff doesn't really lend itself to any additional wrist mobility. IMO, it sort of limits it. It's really all about the length of the underside cuff, and additionally, if the palm is contoured.

@Gra8erade. Yes, I know. But thank you for the explanation! You do realize Morris used Eagle gloves long before he ever used Warrior, right? :facepalm:

Yes, I'm aware. I have a pair of his Eagles too.

The explanation isn't necessarily just for you, by the way.

As for whether it lends itself to any additional wrist mobility, I tend to agree with you. The Savard gloves are short enough that they're very mobile, but the ones with the bit longer cuff are less mobile than the blooming cuff they're now using. I know that people pay more for the other cuffs because they look cool (I admit, I was one of them), but having used both, I found the blooming cuff more mobile and wouldn't pay the upcharge for the Savard cuff unless I was also going to get it shortened too.

As for whether it lends itself to any additional wrist mobility, I tend to agree with you. The Savard gloves are short enough that they're very mobile, but the ones with the bit longer cuff are less mobile than the blooming cuff they're now using. I know that people pay more for the other cuffs because they look cool (I admit, I was one of them), but having used both, I found the blooming cuff more mobile and wouldn't pay the upcharge for the Savard cuff unless I was also going to get it shortened too.

Totally bro, couldn't agree more. And I didn't mean to sound snappy in my last post. My original point was, I just sort of get a kick out of these buzzwords that get thrown around and people jumping on bandwagons like they think they 'need' these mods done (ex: gotta have a Hossa cuff!) on their gloves before even knowing what it is.

Something else sort of funny is that I would order 'Savard fingers' on my gloves - shorter/wider and slightly taller gussets.

And that some of the same people who cut + sewed Morris' gloves back in the day at Eagle are now over at Warrior doing the same thing...

:popcorn:

:biggrin:

Totally bro, couldn't agree more. And I didn't mean to sound snappy in my last post. My original point was, I just sort of get a kick out of these buzzwords that get thrown around and people jumping on bandwagons like they think they 'need' these mods done (ex: gotta have a Hossa cuff!) on their gloves before even knowing what it is.

Something else sort of funny is that I would order 'Savard fingers' on my gloves - shorter/wider and slightly taller gussets.

:biggrin:

Well, hopefully having a thread with pictures of what these cuffs actually are and how they work will help people decide whether they want to pay the upcharge. Frankly, I like the way the one piece cuffs look. But I just don't think they actually work better for me, therefore I won't pay that upcharge again. But I didn't know until I tried.

OK the Hossa cuff looks really cool. If it is worth the upcharge is te otherside. Does anybody know how much a it cost to shorten the cuff from a Glove Repairer. In my neighbourhood there is no Glove Repairer or something else but i think every Tailor could make it???

Thanks

Warrior also offers a 'Kovalchuk' cuff option in addition to the Hossa and Savard. Is that just a short cuff, or something else?