Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tamtamg

Google+

Anyone on there? Been on it for a couple of days now, meh. Anyone else using/liking it?

Also if you want an invite. PM me.

Yeah I'm on it but I don't really use it. I don't really use any social networking site much. Google+ is ok I guess. I don't see why it's trying to compete with Facebook when it doesn't look like it's doing anything different.

I haven't played around with it much but it looks like the main draw is "groups". When you add someone you can sort them into groups like friends, family, acquaintances, douchebags (lol), whatever you want really and then you can filter them so you can only see news feeds from those groups. So if you don't really care about anyone but you're families posts then you can just have your family selected to be shown.

Haven't tried any of this really as I don't really care since I have like 5 friends on it.

What he was talking about with the groups to go with that. If you have a group with work people or your grandma in it and want to post abount your bender they cant see it. Also the video chat can have 8 people in it.

I like it so far but have not had much time to mess with it.

How is it better/different than any other social networking site?

I think your info is more secure, if you want it to be.

I think your info is more secure, if you want it to be.

It might not get hacked but it's pretty likely to be sold/used. Google saves/tracks more information than anyone outside of the US government. Then again, I don't know if the government has their storage capabilities.

Yeah , dont see any twitter or msn messenger. It looks and acts almost identical to facebook, but with groups of friends called circles.

You can't post on profiles is like twitter and video chats is like MSN messanger

Weird because facebook is implementing video chat, so its like facebook. Also you can post onto peoples walls in twitter using an @reply, basically making it a wall. So... yeah. They are so ungodly similar its silly.

I've been on Google+ for a few months and find that it's pretty lame. Oh, it's not the actual site. As best I can tell, it's fine and has some cool features. It's just the fact that all of my friends & family are already on Facebook and/or Twitter and pretty much refuse to even give Google+ a look. Well, it's just not as "useful" (fun) when you're literally the only person there compared to hundreds of friends on the other two sites.