Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2011-2012 Suspension thread

I don't think Ference's hit was predatory. Looked like he was trying to gain position on McDonough, but pushed too hard and they both got tangled up, bumping him into the boards awkwardly. He didn't follow through the hit and "plaster" him like he could have. However, contact was made at the numbers and the hit looked bad and caused and injury, so he should sit a game or two to discourage those types of plays, regardless of intent, in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3nKppqxDUA

It looks like Ference had no intention of playing the puck as his stick was off the ice. Kinda reminds me of Carcillo's hit on Gilbert 3 weeks ago. I think atleast 5 games.

Well it's guaranteed not to be more than 5, as Ference has a phone call, not a face to face meeting with Shanahan.

and to people saying the Bruins do these things all the time, thus far, they have a total of 6 man-games lost to suspension this season -obviously not including any punishment coming to Ference- , less than 9 other teams (Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, Minnesota, Philly)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_NHL_suspensions_and_fines

Well it's guaranteed not to be more than 5, as Ference has a phone call, not a face to face meeting with Shanahan.

and to people saying the Bruins do these things all the time, thus far, they have a total of 6 man-games lost to suspension this season -obviously not including any punishment coming to Ference- , less than 9 other teams (Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, Minnesota, Philly)

http://en.wikipedia....sions_and_fines

And how many times did they get off without a suspension? Lucic should have had a handful for running Miller.

http://en.wikipedia....sions_and_fines

Could it be that Mr. "Coley" Campbell's dearest Son plays for the Bruins? Hmmmm.

If you want to talk about suspensions levied, let's also talk about how many Game Misconducts the Bruins have had. They lead the NHL in that category ya know.

it seems that the rangers fans have joined the Habs, Canucks and Sabres fans when it comes to the Bruins.

While I agree with the lack of playing the puck and Ference having a high rate of speed, 2 games would've sufficed. It wasn't an intentional inccident as we've seen with a bunch of other hits that have gotten the same or less of a game number. On top of that, McDoungh should've expected contact in that situation and ended up into the endboards as a result.

And as a side note, If Colon Campell's influenced the verdict, Marchand would've gotten no games and Ballard would've gotten some for his low-bridge hit on Campell during the same game.

as a side note, If Colon Campbell's ....

That's of the more entertaining and accurate typos that I have seen

The trouble with all the Bruins bashing is that it is clearly done by people who happily overlook similar transgressions committed by whoever the Bruins are playing. Such as the similar uncalled low hit by Ballard on Campbell in the same game as the Marchand hit, or the pair of boarding/charging calls that weren't all that different than the Ference hit in the game yesterday.

All teams have players who play on the edge. The Canucks, who claim to play the game "the right way" had Burrows, Laperriere and Torres running around, who commit the same kinds of dirty plays that people claim the Bruins commit.

What people don't like to admit is that Boston is a tough team, but they're also a complete team. The have excellent goaltending, a good defense and very balanced scoring. And they generally play well for each other. Right now the Bruins are the defending champions and are the team to beat. They're playing well despite having a bullseye on their backs and every team gunning for them. Today you had Nathan Horton taking an uncalled headshot, but it was Boston that ended up shorthanded. The Flyers are no saints and play the game hard (just like Boston), but what did they end up with, six straight power plays? The same with how Vancouver managed to have 7 players on the ice, jumping on Shawn Thornton but it was the Bruins who ended up 2 men down and with Lucic with an incorrectly assessed game misconduct. The refereeing and the league aren't cutting them any breaks and they're playing through it. In the end, I frankly think this will make them an even tougher team to play. But right now, anyone claiming that Boston is dirtier than any other team is just simply biased. They're under a microscope, that's for sure.

Kleenex1.jpg

Cry a river!!! NHL hockey is a tough, physical and demanding game. Every team has "rats". When the "rats" are your favorite team's rat, you love them unconditionally. When they are the oppositions "rat" you hate them with everything you have. Bottom line is; no team is made up of angels.

In the first hit both guys got their sticks up towards each other's head/face. The hit on Horton was way late and was shoulder to chest but the player was in a bit of a vulnerable position. I never saw the game, were a penalty called on either play?

What do you guys think about Sestito having two high hits in the game today and knowing his history?

The hit on Horton could give him a phone call with Shanahan. I also think Hartnell could be hearing from Shanahan for his hit on Kelly.

The hit on Horton could give him a phone call with Shanahan. I also think Hartnell could be hearing from Shanahan for his hit on Kelly.

I agree that it could and probably should (especially Sestito's uncalled antics), but I don't think that it will. What the Bruins don't do is make appeals via the media about "the dirtiest hit they've ever seen" like Tortorella and Vigneault have done recently. Perhaps Boston managment should start making some calls about the calls and the non-calls. On the one hand, I respect that they don't run to the cameras and complain to the media (a la Vancouver's hypocritical complaining), but on the other hand, at some point, it would seem that they should start lobbying to protect their players. The Bruins certainly can and do stand up for each other on the ice, but the officials are calling that instead of calling the original infractions. So what's left? Management probably needs to effectively lobby the NHL and in front of the media, just as every team who plays against them do.

Boston isn't the dirtiest team in the league, but that's the cry of the day and it is getting plenty of play on the internet and in the media, so it MUST be true. LOL

Of course there's an article in SI about how sneaky and dirty Malkin is. Imagine if he wore the spoked B!

What do you guys think about Sestito having two high hits in the game today and knowing his history?

this is being more analyzed than the Zapruder film....back and to the left...back and to the left. 2 bad hits by Testito=Shanaban. Hartnell's looks more legal and shoulder to shoulder. You'd think Philly with Pronger, Giroux, JvR, Briere and Boston w/Savard, Horton, Bergeron somebody'd wise up.

they have learned, a shot to the head could take out a guy on the other team. A lot of guys don't care

As I've said time and again, players give all kinds of lip service about respecting player safety when one of their guys gets dropped but will back a teammate who pulls the same thing a week later. If players really wanted these kind of hits out of the game then they would be gone tomorrow.