Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lefty718

Best Cage for Visability

Chadd- was the company you were thinking of "OTNY"? I seem to recall that Tron cage being OTNY branded a while back. I'm a personal fan of the RBE VIII i2(or as it's been referred to on here, the Oreo).

whats the deal with guys wearing " half cages"

i seen some guy wearing one at pickup once, looks like he just chopped the bottom of his cage off. it makes no sense to me at all, and he looked like a plug

anyone ever seen this? :S

Tron actually has their cats eye mask as well as their oreo mask for $9.99 today. Just FYI.

Scratch this. Despite their image CLEARLY showing that their cage is black on the outside and white on the inside, that's not what showed up.

aI2Tm.jpg

Not happy.

Scratch this. Despite their image CLEARLY showing that their cage is black on the outside and white on the inside, that's not what showed up.

]http://i.imgur.com/aI2Tm.jpg

Not happy.

Yeah, I think it is the glare. Looks black towards the bottom. I could see how you were mistaken though... At least it was only $8 though!

Jus placed my first significant order with HockeyTron. Hope it all comes out okay...

Yeah, I think it is the glare. Looks black towards the bottom. I could see how you were mistaken though... At least it was only $8 though!

Jus placed my first significant order with HockeyTron. Hope it all comes out okay...

Nah, not glare. Definitely white. Especially considering it's just a photoshopped version of the real Bauer *facepalm*. Look at them side by side:

aI2Tm.jpgyq8Up.jpg

I've ordered from HT a few times, usually happy. For $8 im considering just trying it out anyway. Love the look of the black cage, just worried it will be a problem on the ice.

ps9192-470-raglanh.jpg

884369083_cd0394e288_z.jpg?zz=1

FAIL

Wow. He definitely looks like he's plugged in.

That photoshop is hilarious. They couldn't totally remove the a and E from "Bauer" on the chin pad, because of the bar.

So are you just going to paint the inside white? Seems easy enough.

I dunno. For the price I guess it's worth a shot. Just white spraypaint? or should i "brush" it on with a foam brush, or what?

For my daughter, I purchased a white paint marker.

I am sorry, but who would purchase that? With the new anti-fog coatings and visor selections......

I've seen them before. Usually it's with older players (could just be me and it's not like it's a very large group I've seen with them either.) Maybe they had them before the technology in today's visors was developed and perfected. With that being said, people don't like to change their equipment if they don't have to. Would you change your visor/cage because someone doesn't like the way it looks? I suppose if someone wants to protect their eyes and doesn't like the idea that a plastic visor will bend under pressure and cause collateral damage, that would be the perfect solution for them.

I meant, wouldn't that cage be heavy and cause vision issues. With the advancement with equipment technology, new visors are more durable then ever.

I meant, wouldn't that cage be heavy and cause vision issues. With the advancement with equipment technology, new visors are more durable then ever.

True, but that can be said for every piece of equipment but you still see some players wearing their shoulder/elbow/etc from the 70's. Haha

True, but that can be said for every piece of equipment but you still see some players wearing their shoulder/elbow/etc from the 70's. Haha

You are Correct!

Chadd- was the company you were thinking of "OTNY"? I seem to recall that Tron cage being OTNY branded a while back. I'm a personal fan of the RBE VIII i2(or as it's been referred to on here, the Oreo).

No, it was a guy in MI. prenny207 used to rep it.

imo it boils down to this....

if you want perfect visability buy a visor or go open face

if you want pretty decent visability and full face safety, wear a cage..

i dont think u'll notice a world of difference between going from cage to cage.

/thread

Anyway.

Since these all-black cages I got from Tron are clones of the Bauer RBE III that I didn't like, I'm just going to stick to what came with my CCM V10 helmet: the FM06. (Which I like FAR better than the CCM Vector mask I had on my older CCM V10 helmet - that I had originally bought because when I bought the old helmet I was still using a visor).

Now, just out of curiosity - does anyone know where I can get an FM06 in all-black? I'm not really seeing the FM06 sold separately at all, let alone in black.

imo it boils down to this....

if you want perfect visability buy a visor or go open face

if you want pretty decent visability and full face safety, wear a cage..

i dont think u'll notice a world of difference between going from cage to cage.

/thread

Cool thanks for your input.

Optimus, I don't think the cage is offered separately.