Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer RE-AKT Helmet Initial Thoughts/Teardown

JR's got it, I remember some product handouts about the Re Akt helmet being handed out by Bauer as part of a recent training manual with the MIPS logo and some of their images of the brain you see on their front page. I'll try to find it. IIRC (and don't quote me on this), the collaboration was an important part in their design of the Poron Suspend Tech.

Yes, that is the MIPS concept - that the helmet moves with the impact.

the collaboration was an important part in their design of the Poron Suspend Tech.

Nope, not a coincidence.

It was a collaboration; I remember MIPS being mentioned.

Just checked the MIPS Website and saw no mention of a hockey helmet or anything about a collaboration with Bauer. But they do mention that their technology is in an equestrian helmet! Ha! Maybe their Website isn't up to date. Thanks for the info.

Companies like that make concepts and then try to sell them to manufacturers; so Bauer will be the only hockey manufacturer using that technology in their helmets. That's why you see several sports listed, and why they are open to other sports.

These things aren't really put out there by Bauer it seems. You don't see any mention of Rogers Corp. to go alongside their Poron for example, or Propex making Curv. Anyone know why?

Oh for sure, I would think it illegal if they not give any mention haha

What I meant was that you don't see any mention of them in surface marketing; what sticks to the minds of the public. I would think that at first glance, people would believe that Bauer themselves developed Poron, or Vertex, or Curv. One would have to do a little digging (aka Google it, but who does that these days?).

Edit: Pretty neat how the name 'Supreme' is a trademark of Bauer while 'Vapor' is a TM of Nike. I suppose Supreme was in existence before Nike got involved and it has sometihng to do with that?

JR's got it, I remember some product handouts about the Re Akt helmet being handed out by Bauer as part of a recent training manual with the MIPS logo and some of their images of the brain you see on their front page. I'll try to find it. IIRC (and don't quote me on this), the collaboration was an important part in their design of the Poron Suspend Tech.

Thanks. I thought the videos were too similar for it to be just a coincidence. Let me know if you ever find that training manual. I'm surprised that Bauer doesn't talk more about their collaboration with MIPS. Sounds like a cool collaboration to me.

Companies like that make concepts and then try to sell them to manufacturers; so Bauer will be the only hockey manufacturer using that technology in their helmets. That's why you see several sports listed, and why they are open to other sports.

So, is it a collaboration, or Bauer just bought the concept? Maybe somewhere in the middle?

So, is it a collaboration, or Bauer just bought the concept? Maybe somewhere in the middle?

Good question. I doubt Bauer will tell us but maybe someone should email MIPS and find out. These smaller companies are typically more open to talking (i.e. bragging). Who can write in Swedish? JR? LOL

I think you're looking into this a bit too much.

Company has the concept. Manufacturer decides they want to use it so they pay for the rights to use it in their category and adapts it to their product (that's where the collaboration part comes in.)

No secrecy or conspiracy theories here.

Good question. I doubt Bauer will tell us but maybe someone should email MIPS and find out. These smaller companies are typically more open to talking (i.e. bragging). Who can write in Swedish? JR? LOL

Judging by JR's comments.... Bauer licensed the tech to use in the helmet.

Other way around.

Other way around.

Sorry, I used the wrong term. I meant Bauer purchased the license to use the tech. MIPs is the one that licensed it.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, hope I'm using the right one. Our team is using Re-Akts this year, and I'm just wondering where abouts you place number stickers on the back? It is made in awkward way so as to not seem to have a spot where they fit best...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, hope I'm using the right one. Our team is using Re-Akts this year, and I'm just wondering where abouts you place number stickers on the back? It is made in awkward way so as to not seem to have a spot where they fit best...

I had to wrap mine over the ridge in the back. Thought it would suck, but turned out ok when I used some numbers made of thinner material that conformed better.

Not an old thread, this is the thread where it belongs. No need to apologize.

You can stagger them around the lever or put them above the ridge.

Not an old thread, this is the thread where it belongs. No need to apologize.

You can stagger them around the lever or put them above the ridge.

Looks like the NHL teams are putting them above the ridge. They appear to be smaller numbers to accommodate it.

Bauer Re-act deeper than RBK 11K in same size? I wear in RBK 11K size:M, in Re-act i need same size (M)?

Thanks

They are deeper, you'll want to try them on before you buy - you could easily be a small. And you never know if the 11K fits better.