Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

Interesting that they took the name straight from the newest line of Taylormade clubs. Really trying to capitalize on cross promotion.

I wouldn't even say in the NHL. The pure's problem was it wasn't available very well at the LHS/retail level. Almost HAD to go online to get it.

They had it at some local shops around here. A lot of kids use the Pure.

^^

Great that means 3 or 4 stick revisions every season if it's like their drivers.

A TaylorMade technology stick would probably be similar the EQ50 with the adjustable weights. Which no one will know how to use (everyone i know that had a TaylorMade driver has never touched the weights always left as default).

Interested either way i love the "Adlila powered" M1s. And i'm always interested in new technology these companies come up with on essentially old products.

maybe they are trying to get beer leaguers used to taylor-made on their hockey sticks - and then when they hang up their skates for good in a few years and switch to golf they will remember taylor-made fondly from hockey and buy their golf clubs too?

Not a bad thought, I use their clubs but dont know that this would make me switch to their sticks. It'd have be some sort of technilogical advantage to make me consider it.

As far as their adjustable clubs, the average person who buys it isnt good enough to take advantage of the technology. Hopefully thats not the same on this stick!

Do you guys think there is already demand for white sticks and that this and the Mako are there to meet demand? Or manufacturers creating demand?

The answer is yes. :)

Most beer leaguers buying OPS in my shop flinch at the price of mid to high end OPS prices. If the beer leaguer is the intended end user, they may be used to paying $$$ for TM golf(I'm with JR on this and stay away from golf. I have enough trouble putting a puck in a 6' x 4' net, how the hell am I going to get a tiny ball in a hole starting 400 yards away?), but these beer leaguers still remember $20 woodies like its 1989.

That may be true of the demographic at your rink, DarkStar, and is definitely the case in the league I play in. Conversely, I've played in areas where the beer leaguers gear rivals some NHLers.

The answer is yes. :)

That may be true of the demographic at your rink, DarkStar, and is definitely the case in the league I play in. Conversely, I've played in areas where the beer leaguers gear rivals some NHLers.

The league I'm in, you'd be hard pressed to find many guys not in top end skates and sticks.

We have over 75 teams spread over 8 divisions so gear runs the gamut from high end to low end. The young guys in the top divisions know the price of top OPS while the older guys in the lower divisions don't see the need to spend so much on high end product. It will be interesting to see what CCM/TM has to offer for price point.

Judging by the name, the stick will likely be using technology similar to the RBZ TaylorMade technology. My understanding of the RBZ technology is that the focus is on increasing ball speed off the club face. It does incorporate some of the adjustable features of their other clubs, but the key technology is related to ball speed. So how does that relate to hockey sticks? I'm not sure. The ball speed technology is based on creating more trampoline effect on the club face, basically the club face flexes and rebounds at impact making the ball travel faster off the club than simply the speed of your swing (eg a 100mph swing leads to 130-140mph of ball speed off the club face). Since they are calling the stick the RBZ, my guess would be they're attempting to do something similar with the blade of the stick because that is the technological advantage of the RBZ.

And the name (unless something changes) is...

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade.

Also, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins may be in the stick tonight vs Montreal.

They're going to have to cremate him and grind him up pretty fine if they expect to get him in it...

They're going to have to cremate him and grind him up pretty fine if they expect to get him in it...

LMAO ... Powered By Taylor Made, filled with Nugent-Hopkins

May be easier to get the stick in HIM. Ouch.

Judging by the name, the stick will likely be using technology similar to the RBZ TaylorMade technology. My understanding of the RBZ technology is that the focus is on increasing ball speed off the club face. It does incorporate some of the adjustable features of their other clubs, but the key technology is related to ball speed. So how does that relate to hockey sticks? I'm not sure. The ball speed technology is based on creating more trampoline effect on the club face, basically the club face flexes and rebounds at impact making the ball travel faster off the club than simply the speed of your swing (eg a 100mph swing leads to 130-140mph of ball speed off the club face). Since they are calling the stick the RBZ, my guess would be they're attempting to do something similar with the blade of the stick because that is the technological advantage of the RBZ.

Considering it says "insane velocity" on the CCM page, this makes the most sense. Maybe somehow using new blade technology to get a little extra pop on the puck. Cant see how, but it seems to follow their marketing so far.

Considering it says "insane velocity" on the CCM page, this makes the most sense. Maybe somehow using new blade technology to get a little extra pop on the puck. Cant see how, but it seems to follow their marketing so far.

Of course, you don't have to receive passes in golf. Unless I've been doing it wrong.

I didnt say it was right or even good, just said it makes sense considering what the above poster said and what CCM has on their site.

I think you need to expand your thoughts on the blade being the focus of the TM technology and think more about the shaft being the source of the "insane velocity". Since TM is about energy transfer from club to ball in golf it makes sense to me that the shaft will be where their energy transfer work will be focussed.

I think you need to expand your thoughts on the blade being the focus of the TM technology and think more about the shaft being the source of the "insane velocity". Since TM is about energy transfer from club to ball in golf it makes sense to me that the shaft will be where their energy transfer work will be focussed.

The only problem with that is that high end golf clubs use composite shafts from third party vendors and correct me if I'm wrong here, but there are no TaylorMade branded shafts. As someone said earlier, TM's claim to fame is their club head technologies.

The only problem with that is that high end golf clubs use composite shafts from third party vendors and correct me if I'm wrong here, but there are no TaylorMade branded shafts. As someone said earlier, TM's claim to fame is their club head technologies.

But what if they found a way to use their energy return technology from the clubface in the shaft of the stick? The clubface flexes and releases, a stick shaft flexes and snaps back. Seems to be a similar concept.

But what if they found a way to use their energy return technology from the clubface in the shaft of the stick? The clubface flexes and releases, a stick shaft flexes and snaps back. Seems to be a similar concept.

I fully agree it could be something to do with the shaft, but so far all of the TM energy return technology has been in the club head, not the shaft so to me that would equate to the blade. I'm not sure how well the comparison between the club face and the shaft of the stick both flexing works. The shaft of a stick flexes dynamically in response to pressure being placed over a fairly wide area of the shaft and takes time to release, kind of like a whip. In contrast the club face flexes from direct impact of the golf ball over a very small area and rebounds basically instantly, kind of like a trampoline. To me those are two different types of technology, but they may be comparable.

Also, it would seem to me that since their expertise is the point of impact, that's where they would be brought in to collaborate. I'm not a physics expert so the RBZ club face technology could very well translate to the shaft, I just don't know how it would do so. And when you add in the fact that all of TM's technology thus far has been on the part of the club that actually strikes the ball (the club face) and they use 3rd party OEMs for shafts, I get to the conclusion that if they're going to be working on a hockey stick they're going to be working on the part of the stick that actually strikes the puck (the blade). Its complete speculation on my part, just trying to apply some logic to what their current advertising of the stick is and what I know about the TM RBZ technology.

Gotta love the speculation here.

I doubt more then 2 or 3 actually know the details of it, and those that may possibly know couldn't tell anyways.

CCM needs the good and free publicity / hype. Touche'.

The secret of the stick... wider handle on the top so you can inverse your stick and putt goals in while in the crease...

For the record on white sticks coming out/already out in 2012:

Bauer TotalONE LEv2

Easton Mako, M5, M3, M2, M1

Warrior Diablo SE

CCM RBZ apparently, probably full-line

Sherwood T-70 SE

Sure there are a few others.

Also, it would seem to me that since their expertise is the point of impact, that's where they would be brought in to collaborate. I'm not a physics expert so the RBZ club face technology could very well translate to the shaft, I just don't know how it would do so. And when you add in the fact that all of TM's technology thus far has been on the part of the club that actually strikes the ball (the club face) and they use 3rd party OEMs for shafts, I get to the conclusion that if they're going to be working on a hockey stick they're going to be working on the part of the stick that actually strikes the puck (the blade). Its complete speculation on my part, just trying to apply some logic to what their current advertising of the stick is and what I know about the TM RBZ technology.

if its a point of impact, other than slap shots would it really affect the speed the puck comes off the stick? Add in the catching a pass aspect and it doesnt seem theres too much they could do with a blade to give it more of a spring effect to improve the puck speed. Unless the stick now knows the impact of a pass vs shot...

I still cant get pass the name...