Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

Well the CCM RocketBladez stick had another good night in the hands of Landeskog and RNH. Pictures of these guys celebrating their scoring contributions will really help the hype on this stick.

141346970_slide.jpg

141351587_slide.jpg

I just hope it doesn't make that stupid ping sound drivers make when you hit the ball. (sarcasm)

But my first thought with the air-core blade is this thing is going to break in a heartbeat, I'm sure they thought of that. I hope. (more sarcasm)

The ping sound from drivers is the result of a titanium driver face (metal) hitting a surlyn covered golf ball. Given that the blade isn't likely to be made of metal, and the puck is made out of rubber instead of surlyn, I highly doubt you'll hear any kind of ping sound.

I just hope it doesn't make that stupid ping sound drivers make when you hit the ball.

But my first thought with the air-core blade is this thing is going to break in a heartbeat, I'm sure they thought of that. I hope.

No, they sank tens/hundreds of thousands (millions?) of dollars into designing a stick without considering whether it was structurally sound. And why would it make a ping sound?

Seriously what? You don't think they spent any money developing it? You going to follow me around and call out everything I say?

stop pulling numbers out of your ass and making outlandish statements, then people may stop questioning you.

stop pulling numbers out of your ass and making outlandish statements, then people may stop questioning you.

I don't understand how it's outlandish. Obviously they spent some money designing it and obviously it's not going to break "in a heartbeat". What exactly is outlandish about that?

Knock it off guys, don't derail yet another topic. I'm not even back from vacation 24 hours and it's already getting old.

I don't understand how it's outlandish. Obviously they spent some money designing it and obviously it's not going to break "in a heartbeat". What exactly is outlandish about that?

There have been outlandish statements in other topics. It wasn't just a reference to what you said in this topic.

As long as their shafts are more durable than with similar feel to the 2009 (or whenever the black / blue ones were out) Crazy Lights, then I'm in. Everything since in CCM has had terrible kickpoints and I have felt they were like using an old wood stick...and that's NOT a good thing for me. I got 2 of the old Crazy Lights (Recchi curve) at the 2010 Stars' Warehouse sale for like $49 each on the last day of the sale, and the only thing I did not like about the sticks was that they were really fragile. Both snapped in the middle of the shafts right under my bottom hand on slap shots within 2 months of having them.

In contrast, I am still playing with the 2nd of 2 S19s (rebadged SE16s) from the 2011 warehouse sale, and my shot has only gotten harder and my ice time more frequent, not less, so it's not like I'm being nicer to the sticks. Then again, I'd love for someone to replicate the feel of a 2010 or so SE16 or the 2009 One95 (either of them with the stickiest grip coating ever...like the Total One GripTac but grippier...so hot here in Texas in the summer that my sticks get to slick due to the sweating) and give it amazing blade and shaft durability...I'd be sold in a second.

As a final note, I REALLY don't care what the sticks look like. I care how the perform and feel. As long as they aren't nasty burnt orange (UT does have the WORST colors ever!), if it lasts a long time, feels good in the hands and on the ice, and can hit the net in a punishing to goalies manner, I am good with any paint job.

As long as their shafts are more durable than with similar feel to the 2009 (or whenever the black / blue ones were out) Crazy Lights, then I'm in. Everything since in CCM has had terrible kickpoints and I have felt they were like using an old wood stick...and that's NOT a good thing for me. I got 2 of the old Crazy Lights (Recchi curve) at the 2010 Stars' Warehouse sale for like $49 each on the last day of the sale, and the only thing I did not like about the sticks was that they were really fragile. Both snapped in the middle of the shafts right under my bottom hand on slap shots within 2 months of having them.

In contrast, I am still playing with the 2nd of 2 S19s (rebadged SE16s) from the 2011 warehouse sale, and my shot has only gotten harder and my ice time more frequent, not less, so it's not like I'm being nicer to the sticks. Then again, I'd love for someone to replicate the feel of a 2010 or so SE16 or the 2009 One95 (either of them with the stickiest grip coating ever...like the Total One GripTac but grippier...so hot here in Texas in the summer that my sticks get to slick due to the sweating) and give it amazing blade and shaft durability...I'd be sold in a second.

As a final note, I REALLY don't care what the sticks look like. I care how the perform and feel. As long as they aren't nasty burnt orange (UT does have the WORST colors ever!), if it lasts a long time, feels good in the hands and on the ice, and can hit the net in a punishing to goalies manner, I am good with any paint job.

Will the RBZ line replace the U+CL or is that line still moving forward?

CBC talked about it last night when he used it against the canucks, taylormade is mainly responsible for the blade and not the shaft, they called it "revolutionary" as i recall.

Does anyone know where the kickpoint on the "RBZ" will be? U+ is considered mid-low if im not mistaken.......and I wont lie......Hoping for low kick. :popcorn:

As long as CCM doesn't hire Adam Sandler to do their commercials, this looks to be a huge hit.

It was actually found to be largely driver error.

Yeah, I found the computer that generated that report...

hal9000.jpg