Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

Absolutely Keith, I didn't include the DT4 on my list because I haven't had the chance to try it as much as the others. The True1 and Dagger Taper construction sets it apart; sorry to derail this thread though.

According to icewarehouse.com the difference is 24 grams. DT1 - 442g; DT2 - 466g. I would say that there is a noticeable difference in the weight and balance, but it's not dramatic. I think the flex and torque characteristics are where you would really notice the difference.

According to icewarehouse.com the difference is 24 grams. DT1 - 442g; DT2 - 466g. I would say that there is a noticeable difference in the weight and balance, but it's not dramatic. I think the flex and torque characteristics are where you would really notice the difference.

The static weight is different, BUT, the balance is very similar between the DT1 and DT2 when you hold it. The HiFused construction in the DT2 brings the center of gravity up the shaft making the stick feel very blade-light.

I'll try to post pictures later but my DT2 is almost the same shaft shape as my old Dolomite except for the diamond grip, which is not that noticeable.

How do you like your DT2? I am considering getting the DT1 but am not quite sure if I can justify shelling out the money right now.

I'll try to post pictures later but my DT2 is almost the same shaft shape as my old Dolomite except for the diamond grip, which is not that noticeable.

Bingo.

DT2 = Mandrel Molded Shaft = same as Dolomite (rounded corners, with concave sidewalls)

DT1 = True1 Bladder Molded = same as Widow (more square, with straight sidewalls)

Bingo.

DT2 = Mandrel Molded Shaft = same as Dolomite (rounded corners, with concave sidewalls)

DT1 = True1 Bladder Molded = same as Widow (more square, with straight sidewalls)

Is there a significant difference in the way the 2 sticks shoot? Also what is the CDN retail price point for the DT2?

I have tried the DT1 several times (not on ice though) and I have never used a stick that releases as nicely as it does. Plus the new and stiffer feeling blade is excellent.

Bingo.

Yeah, found out for myself tonight... Wish it was the other way around, but you can't please everyone!

Still pulled the trigger on the DT2 since it's the only one available in the W12 Wisniewski patten. This curve looks perfect for me. First game tomorrow. I hope I can transition quickly from my square-shaped custom Dolo's.

Is there a significant difference in the way the 2 sticks shoot? Also what is the CDN retail price point for the DT2?

I have tried the DT1 several times (not on ice though) and I have never used a stick that releases as nicely as it does. Plus the new and stiffer feeling blade is excellent.

Depending on the player, there is a difference in the way they shoot as far as feel. The DT2 twists less on shots, so some players have attributed a feel of stability or torque stiffness to that feature. Some stronger players in our testing preferred the feel of the DT2's stability. They had the benefits of the quick release of Dagger Taper, with added accuracy. Since most stronger players don't need that much help generating power into their snap/wrist shots and need more stability on this slap shots, DT2 is better suited there.

Sorry...forgot the price. MSRP for DT2 Sr. = $209.99 CDN

Yeah, found out for myself tonight... Wish it was the other way around, but you can't please everyone!

Still pulled the trigger on the DT2 since it's the only one available in the W12 Wisniewski patten. This curve looks perfect for me. First game tomorrow. I hope I can transition quickly from my square-shaped custom Dolo's.

Believe me...I know you can't please everyone more than anyone. I think there's a watertower somewhere with "Save Gionta" painted on it.

You're going to love W12...it's a total sleeper hit.

I have the W12 on a Diablo SE (love the velvet grip and white color!). The W12 is a lower lie TPS Morrow with a better looking toe shape!

Hey Miseaujeu,

Awesome that you're so active here, thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions. Speaking of which, I have one of my own! Any plans to release the W12 in a replacement blade? I'd love to try it, but I'm always a bit hesitant to buy a high end one piece with a curve I've never used. When trying a new curve I'll almost always buy a blade first, then if I like it as a 2-piece, I'll buy a 1-piece.

Also, Gefiltefish and/or Aggie, I know it can be a pain in the ass, but any chance you could post a picture of the W12 curve and lie/rocker side by side with a common retail curve (like a Drury or Sakic)?

Hey Miseaujeu,

Awesome that you're so active here, thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions. Speaking of which, I have one of my own! Any plans to release the W12 in a replacement blade? I'd love to try it, but I'm always a bit hesitant to buy a high end one piece with a curve I've never used. When trying a new curve I'll almost always buy a blade first, then if I like it as a 2-piece, I'll buy a 1-piece.

Also, Gefiltefish and/or Aggie, I know it can be a pain in the ass, but any chance you could post a picture of the W12 curve and lie/rocker side by side with a common retail curve (like a Drury or Sakic)?

Agree with this post. Would like to see it in a RB, but understand it's unlikely due to low demand.

Hey Miseaujeu,

Thanks for the note, my pleasure. I love talking product.

We don't have plans right now for Wiz in RB. The RB business continues to shrink every year. BUT, if we get more traction for Wiz in our stick product, it helps make the case for RB tooling investment (you're spot on Aireaye).

LOL This made my morning!

I'm glad there's people old enough on this board to catch that reference. Try that on PHEW and I'd be called a "dusty bend-monster". Thanks!

Thanks for the note, my pleasure. I love talking product.

We don't have plans right now for Wiz in RB. The RB business continues to shrink every year. BUT, if we get more traction for Wiz in our stick product, it helps make the case for RB tooling investment (you're spot on Aireaye).

Cool, thanks for the quick reply! As a fan of shaft/blade combos, it sucks that the market continues to shrink, but obviously that's just the reality of the situation.

I do wonder how new curves are ever going to "make it," though. It seems that all manufacturers tend to release new curves exclusively on top end 1-piece sticks, but I have to imagine that it makes it tough for the curves to gain a following. Who wants to invest $200-250 on a 1-piece stick with a curve that they've never used before, and might not like? I know personally if I could try the W12 in a RB, I might fall in love with it and become a convert, as a ~$60 investment isn't too tough to swallow. However, investing $200-250 into a stick with a curve I've never used before is prohibitively expensive, just too much of a risk if I end up not liking it.

I will try to take some pics this weekend. I don't have any pure Drury's or Sakic's around... I have a couple of Lidstroms and Zetterberg Pro's from the Warrior customizer.

After using the curve, it is fairly amazing in my opinion! It reminds me most of a slightly less open Lidstrom with a lower lie (and more rocker). Although I don't have any P106's left laying around, I would say that is the closest curve. The W12 is likely a bit deeper than the P106 and has a different toe shape as well. Unlike the Drury and Lidstrom's, the W12 opens up closer to the toe rather than the heel/mid like the others do.

I have only played one game with it and was obviously transitioning to the new stick - but the overall package of DT2 and W12 was to my liking. My goalie even asked me what I changed since he said the puck looked different to him (especially on wristers).

I found that wrist shots took little adjusting to. Slap shots and one timers were a bit off at the start, but I started to get the hang of it. Passing was not affected at all. I am transitioning from custom Dolomites and a much stiffer flex (115 vs 100).

Although I hate to compare one stick to another when talking Dagger Tech, I would say (in terms of how a stick flexes) that the DT2 is most comparable to an S19 (in a lighter flex). Just how it felt to me in how the stick "works".

I am overall fairly happy with the DT2 after the first use. The small/round shape was not too hard to adjust to, although I would prefer something beefier.... The feel was decent, although I did not receive any hard passes to really get a opinion of it.