Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

What would 85 flex do for me vs 75? I mostly take snappers and wristers. Lifting shots isn't an issue. A lot of times I actually put it over the net with snap shots. I have a 75 flex cut down to about 56 inches. Thinking about staying with the zetterberg but going to a 85 flex. This is with the dt1

I posted this all backwards. I am currently using the DT-1 with zetterberg curve, 75 flex cut down to about 56 inches. What would change if I went to an 85 flex? thinking about going up in flex or changing blade pattern cause I'm firing a lot of shots over the net.

Keith, you mentioned the differences and reasons as to the difference in construction between the true one piece dt1 and the fused dt2. I just curious though as to what difference, if any, it makes with the flex feel of the shaft?

I know you mentioned that the fused construction adds stability in twisting but I think you also alluded to the fused construction slightly raising the kickpoint of the stick? Now with that in mind, would that give the dt2 a softer "flex feel" than the dt1 because of the slightly raised kickpoint(like when comparing flex feel of a low kick stick vs. mid kick) or would the dt2 feel stiffer due to the designed added stability on twisting/torquing? Or will they pretty much feel the same? Thanks again for your participation here.

Keith, you mentioned the differences and reasons as to the difference in construction between the true one piece dt1 and the fused dt2. I just curious though as to what difference, if any, it makes with the flex feel of the shaft?

I know you mentioned that the fused construction adds stability in twisting but I think you also alluded to the fused construction slightly raising the kickpoint of the stick? Now with that in mind, would that give the dt2 a softer "flex feel" than the dt1 because of the slightly raised kickpoint(like when comparing flex feel of a low kick stick vs. mid kick) or would the dt2 feel stiffer due to the designed added stability on twisting/torquing? Or will they pretty much feel the same? Thanks again for your participation here.

As I've said before, I can't predict how a stick will feel for any given player. But I can describe why we engineered features into our sticks based on feedback from our on-ice testers and pros.

The DT2 HiFused construction is best suited for players looking for the quick load and release of Dagger Taper, but with more Twist or Torque resistance. DT2 does not have a higher kickpoint, just more reinforcement closer to the player's bottom hand (fuse point). Stronger players liked the DT2's stable feel, but also that it kicks and loads very low in the stick. In some cases where stronger players used the DT1, they felt the stick was too "noodle-like" and had some accuracy issues since strong players create a tremendous amount of torque on the blade/tenon area.

Feature and spec-wise, the DT1 and DT2 are almost the same. Weight is very close, balance point is almost identical, blade construction and shaft construction the same (with the exception of process; mandrel vs. True1) are the same, just that the DT2 is reinforced by a Fuse point that is higher in the shaft which give this better torque control and stability on heavy-loaded shots.

hope this helps.

could you do the same with dt3? thinking about buying one as a back up to dt1 and wanted to know if i should go same flex (75) or go up to 85.

could you do the same with dt3? thinking about buying one as a back up to dt1 and wanted to know if i should go same flex (75) or go up to 85.

Go with the same.

DT3 and DT1 are both True1 construction.

I've used the DT3 for a couple of games now. The balance is very good even if it isn't the lightest stick around; I've been using top-of-the-line sticks (Nexus 1000, TO, RS, Widow) and I can't really notice the weight difference while playing.

The lacquer on the hosel area seems to chip away easily, but it's purely a cosmetic issue.

I've used my DT1 twice now and I gotta say... The thing shoots rockets. Has pretty good feel too. Thoroughly happy with it so far. Coming from a Bauer APX and previously the Widow.

I've used the DT3 for a couple of games now. The balance is very good even if it isn't the lightest stick around; I've been using top-of-the-line sticks (Nexus 1000, TO, RS, Widow) and I can't really notice the weight difference while playing.

The lacquer on the hosel area seems to chip away easily, but it's purely a cosmetic issue.

performance wise is it on par with the other sticks you've mentioned? i was pretty fond of the widow but the investment was too steep for the number of sticks i break.

performance wise is it on par with the other sticks you've mentioned? i was pretty fond of the widow but the investment was too steep for the number of sticks i break.

Compared to them the biggest difference is the weight.

Just used both DT1 and DT2 side-by-side; initial thoughts for me is that the DT2 works better for me; the shooting dynamics are different between the two due to how it is fused, and DT2 just seems to be more aligned with how I shoot. I'm also preferring the little bit of weight in the DT2.

Will continue to beat them both up.

How do you shoot? I've been using the dt1 and the more experienced players say they see a difference. They talk about the quick release and how they can tell I was a ball hockey player (played street hockey til I was 18)

I've been thinking about trying the covert in an 85 flex (have 75 now) or maybe the dt2 in 75 flex.

The dt1 75 flex is great but some shots are firing over the net.

Just used both DT1 and DT2 side-by-side; initial thoughts for me is that the DT2 works better for me; the shooting dynamics are different between the two due to how it is fused, and DT2 just seems to be more aligned with how I shoot. I'm also preferring the little bit of weight in the DT2.

Will continue to beat them both up.

Do you prefer the DT2 for all shots (wrist, snap and slap) or just certain shots? I have not shot with both sticks personally (I've only demoed the DT1 and Dynasty), but theoretically I'd think the DT2 might feel more stable on slap shots and the DT1 would provide a little more whip and power for wrist shots. I know I noticed it was easier to load a 100 Flex DT1 for wrist shots than a 100 Flex Dynasty - you could get off great shots with both, but the stick seemed to do a little more of the work with the DT1.

For those that have used both Bauer and DT1 sticks.....how much of a flex difference did you notice between an 87 flex Bauer vs an 85flex DT1?

For example how much more "noodle like" did the DT1 feel vs the Bauer? And would you recommend going up to 100 flex in the DT1?

Slightly off topic, but I just picked up a Diablo on clearance as a last minute stick for a game I had and it was the only thing in my flex and curve without breaking the bank, and I just want to say it might be the best stick for my shooting style I've ever used. It took such little effort to let off lasers with my wrist shot, I cannot wait to try a full dagger taper, and I'll be going straight to a DT1 if that's the case.