Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

It seems like the DT2 is a higher quality stick then the DT1 or am I misreading it.

Based on the description given the DT2 sounds like it is a beefed up version of the DT1.

I was very impressed by the DT1 at SJ. Great feel and great performance on both forehands and backhands. I also liked the Widow when I demoed that, but have read about the blade problems some people have had. The blade is reinforced on the DT1 and should hold up well.

First of all thanks to miseaujeu for being here and answering our questions.

You talked about the new Blade. I like the Widow but had some issues with the blade. Sometimes it was a little "unresponsive" or maybe to soft on slapshots or one-timers in my opinion.

Did you think that the blade on the DT will be more responsive in that point?

You talked about the new Blade. I like the Widow but had some issues with the blade. Sometimes it was a little "unresponsive" or maybe to soft on slapshots or one-timers in my opinion.

That would be very difficult for him to answer. Your descriptions are very subjective. I personally love the sharp crisp feel of the Widow as an example.

Do you mean that the Widow performed poorly on slappers?

Will the new blade make is way to the customizer stick soon or the widow on the customizer will stay with the same blade as now?

That would be very difficult for him to answer. Your descriptions are very subjective. I personally love the sharp crisp feel of the Widow as an example.

Do you mean that the Widow performed poorly on slappers?

No no don't get me wrong! I mean that the widow works very nice on slappers. My only issue is that the blade feels a little bit soft sometimes and that i would love to have a little bit of an stiffer feel. But that's just my opinion.

I use a widow, and got my hands on the dt1. I liked it, I'm not discounting this stick, but I'm not sold instantly like I was with the widow.

The blade felt great, but something different about Shooting I couldn't really put my thumb on... two conspiring factors may have been working against me... I used a non-grip version, and I cut a senior 75, when normally i use a grip intermediate 75. The additional length I cut may have impacted how I felt.

It had potential, when I run through my batch of current widows, I may give it a go.

(Sorry fr the knee hockey stick, Keith)

I use a widow, and got my hands on the dt1. I liked it, I'm not discounting this stick, but I'm not sold instantly like I was with the widow.

That was my initial reaction as well. Something felt different to me with the way the stick loaded, but I didn't spend enough time to know exactly what it was.

That was my initial reaction as well. Something felt different to me with the way the stick loaded, but I didn't spend enough time to know exactly what it was.

The rep told me the shaft was unchanged with the exception of one thing he said was minor... I totally forget what it was, but seemed to imply there was no difference in feel because of the shaft... glad to know someone else felt something different. I'd like to try the stick in my usual form factor, but I just started using a new widow, and have another one uncut. I doubt I'll get around to buyijng one for a while. I'm guessing winter fest might be my next opportunity

I'm not knocking the stick, for those hoping to get info about it. It just felt 'different' coming from someone who uses a widow as their daily driver. Not sure if it was good or bad.

It seems like the DT2 is a higher quality stick then the DT1 or am I misreading it.

Miseaujeu,

What would be the direct comparibles for the DT2? Mako, One100 etc?

Mike

The DT2 falls below the DT1 in price point.

Based on the description given the DT2 sounds like it is a beefed up version of the DT1.

Yes. The benefits of Dagger Taper and weight/balance of DT1 in a package that has added twist resistance for stronger players.

Thanks Aireaye...I'll take a swing.

The new blade construction on the DT1/DT2 has a bit stiffer, more solid feel. TwinSpar/HardcoreX work together to help add structure to the blade which helps with durability and reduces blade fatigue over time. What people call; "my stick lost it's pop" should be an issue of the past. It's also important to note that reinforcing the blade, helps intensify the slingshot effect of Dagger Taper...a very nice by-product of our blade durability/stability improvements. :wink:

Will the new blade make is way to the customizer stick soon or the widow on the customizer will stay with the same blade as now?

Working on it. In the new year.

Thanks Aireaye...I'll take a swing.

The new blade construction on the DT1/DT2 has a bit stiffer, more solid feel. TwinSpar/HardcoreX work together to help add structure to the blade which helps with durability and reduces blade fatigue over time. What people call; "my stick lost it's pop" should be an issue of the past. It's also important to note that reinforcing the blade, helps intensify the slingshot effect of Dagger Taper...a very nice by-product of our blade durability/stability improvements. :wink:

Thanks for answering! Sounds like that is really what I'm looking for!

Is the Dagger taper on the DT1 taper more and is more pronounced as compared to the widow, or is there a less of a taper or not as drastic?

Same taper dimension and geometry.

Anyone grab one of these yet? I'm on the fence between a dt1 and nexus. Now that the w88 patteren can be found I'm really stuck. Sounds like similar flex profiles and the new blade intruges me.

From personal use (two games), I must say that this stick is amazing. I have shot with literally every top end stick on the market over the last 4 years (same flex/blade more or less, too). This stick beats them all out, first impressions anyways. I would definitely recommend giving this a look over when buying a new stick. The DT4 is also a great stick for the price point. Personally it beats out most of the $100 sticks out there, maybe minus the Ai5.

Puck feel was equal if not better then the TotalONE, balance on it is great, and the puck comes off of this stick amazingly, best I've had. I also appreciate the clear coating instead of the matte coating on the stick. IMO this is the best stick on the market.

The flex profiles aren't similar.

Mid/ traditional kickpoint in the nexus, concentrated low kick in the covert.

The Widow does not play like most of the concentrated low kick sticks I've used. It plays much more like a mid kick to me.

thanks for the replies guys. I'm coming out of a total one which I wasn't too happy with. I loved my One 95's and made the switch. wishing I'd stock piled One 95's. local shop doesn't have either yet so I'm stuck ordering sight unseen/felt.

The Widow does not play like most of the concentrated low kick sticks I've used. It plays much more like a mid kick to me.

Really? I felt that it kicked low and felt much different from any mid-kick stick i've used.

Really? I felt that it kicked low and felt much different from any mid-kick stick i've used.

Agreed, very very different from my One95.

Agreed, very very different from my One95.

i've only used a widow for a couple of months, but it loads up a lot like my old one75 but snaps a lot like my low kick dolomites. it's a wierd feeling and took a while to get used to. one can argue it's somewhere inbetween a mid kick and a low kick, depending on how you look at it, because of how much the taper can load up and how long the taper is.

i've only used a widow for a couple of months, but it loads up a lot like my old one75 but snaps a lot like my low kick dolomites. it's a wierd feeling and took a while to get used to. one can argue it's somewhere inbetween a mid kick and a low kick, depending on how you look at it, because of how much the taper can load up and how long the taper is.

Dolo is a traditional tapered shaft, not one of the concentrated low kick sticks. I agree that it loads and releases much more like those traditional tapered shafts