Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Bob

Mario thinks the CBA will get fixed

spoke to a member of the red wings organization today, and i was told that it doesn't look positive for a season at all this year, and we'll be lucky if there is one next year. the players a probably going to come to the table with an offer next week or two, but if it doesnt have a "cap" in it... the owners won't even look at it.

spoke to a member of the red wings organization today, and i was told that it doesn't look positive for a season at all this year, and we'll be lucky if there is one next year. the players a probably going to come to the table with an offer next week or two, but if it doesnt have a "cap" in it... the owners won't even look at it.

From the TSN article posted yesterday.

"We have said repeatedly that a proposal centered around a luxury tax will not work for us," NHL Vice President Bill Daly told TSN.

spoke to a member of the red wings organization today, and i was told that it doesn't look positive for a season at all this year, and we'll be lucky if there is one next year.  the players a probably going to come to the table with an offer next week or two, but if it doesnt have a "cap" in it... the owners won't even look at it.

Exactly what's been said around the Predators, that they're not even optimistic about an '05-'06. Oh well, hockey shoots itself again so I'll just have to learn how to dribble.

Here's an interesting quote from a young AHL player that posts on another board I visit occasionally...

From what i am hearing the PA (Players Association) that there is going to be a "creditable attempt" made by the end December to try and end this lockout. It is simply going to be a more amped up proposal that they already made. Their last proposal would of saved about 200 mill for the league as a whole, but would still possibly lose three teams. The PA does not want to lose teams bc then they lose more sopts that players could have. But still this is going to have to be something that the league thinks about. there will be around 250 mill saved with this new proposal and possibly even mandatory visors to be worn on all new players entering the league starting next year.

Just keeping you informed

Even though it's not a whole lot we don't already know I found the visor comment really interesting. Also, it does in fact look like the PA is really about to put a serious offer on the table regardless of wether the owners will bother to pay any attention to it.

Oh well, hockey shoots itself again so I'll just have to learn how to dribble.

...Or cash the three.

This is a damn shame. By the time hockey comes back, it's fan-base will most likely be smaller than ever.

Thank God for college hockey. If it weren't for the Wolverines, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

...Or cash the three.

That too. All I can do is dunk.

...Or cash the three.

I haven't been able to dunk since I ripped up my knees in high school. I can barely grab rim at this point.

...Or cash the three.

I haven't been able to dunk since I ripped up my knees in high school. I can barely grab rim at this point.

I haven't been able to dunk since my uppers fell into the apple tub :(

Theres always the links chadd..........nothing like a nice 18 to help get this stupid game out of my head for a few hours.

I know but I'm not getting the 285 yard carry on my drives anymore. My short game is money but I can't hit my driver to save my ass anymore. Probably because I haven't hit the range in months.

Likewise, haven't hit in about 6 months, last time out I shot an 84 at my friends club, ill be lucky to break 110 over christmas break when im down in Florida.

After reading Mario's remarks, I would think we can safely assume we will no longer see him on the ice anymore......

If there are replacement players, he'll be the first one on the ice.

Not if there are any enforcers on the opposition, he's made his position on the CBA pretty clear..from the owners viewpoint....

Their last proposal would of saved about 200 mill for the league as a whole

I'd love to see the fuzzy math involved with that line.

I'm guessing that the NHLPA is trying to spin revenue sharing checks as "savings".

But how is taking money from one team and giving it to another saving money?

i personally think this is all a bunch of B.S. i would like to see most of these guys, go back to college (high school for some), get a degree, try to find a job, work 40-60 hours a week, make moderate pay, and then maybe and i stress maybe, they can try and tell my why there shouldn't be a salary cap... which i would like to see somewhere down around 5 million per player. these guys don't deserve the money they get, though no athlete does, whatever sport they play.

All I can do is dunk.

man, im a middle sized white boy, i can't even try basketball.

and tiger said at least there is college hockey. try to find regular games on tv around detroit. you must be going to michigan games...

All I can do is dunk.

:lol:

So, I'm a small Asian boy. I shouldn't even be playing hockey, let alone basketball...and here I am! :P

i personally think this is all a bunch of B.S. i would like to see most of these guys, go back to college (high school for some), get a degree, try to find a job, work 40-60 hours a week, make moderate pay, and then maybe and i stress maybe, they can try and tell my why there shouldn't be a salary cap... which i would like to see somewhere down around 5 million per player. these guys don't deserve the money they get, though no athlete does, whatever sport they play.

I couldn't have said it any better. I completely agree with you Prenny.

So, I'm a small Asian boy. I shouldn't even be playing hockey, let alone basketball...and here I am! :P

hey, from past experience, ive played and coached against some small asian players, and they were excellent. and a former teammate that is half asian was one of our best player. you definetly should be playing hockey... but that was funny either way.

All I can do is dunk.

and tiger said at least there is college hockey. try to find regular games on tv around detroit. you must be going to michigan games...

Man I'm a black guy and I don't even try to play.

:ph34r:

Well, I noticed our rinks are going to start a curling class soon. Since I can't play bball anymore, and my drive is about 305 yards with a 100 degree slice maybe I should take up curling.

Though I'm getting the wife a dog for Christmas so the household should be entertaining, maybe that'll be enough.